F15 SE (Razbam) Release date

JRM

It's actually the other way around: Razbam's Strike Eagle is using ED's AI F-15E model for now.

Thanks! If the external model is not finished, I guess there is no point expecting this aircraft in the next 12 months then. Don't know why some comments or even the "unofficial DCS roadmap" make it seem like we could potentially see this bird in 2020. More like late 2021 probably. Patience really is king in DCS. :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

It's actually the other way around: Razbam's Strike Eagle is using ED's AI F-15E model for now.

Hmm. OK, that is quite disappointing.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

why on earth would they use ED's Model to promote the new Model that is not even finished?

Geez!

By teh way I am not criticizing Razbam, but teh Eagles team.

I have gained a new respect for Razbam, since it seems to open its arms to anyone who might have a proyect and gives them support. So you can have a grate team like Over Startos Mig 19 given a chance to finish products or the Bo-109 team...

why on earth would they use ED's Model to promote the new Model that is not even finished?

The post on FB was intended to show the war load available for the Strike Eagle, not the 3D model (which, in this case, is only placeholder).

Bye

Phant

AMVI

If there is no AI wso, can pilot use everything that are in the back cockpit?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So this will be non flyable in singleplayer or let’s puts it this way, not fully operational in SP.:cry::(
Pilot can do everything the WSO does so yes you can use it in SP.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I was told that the pilot only operates A/A armaments. The A/G who operates is the guy from behind.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Is it like this in the real thing or just a kind of mod for this DCS module?

Unless i stand corrected, the pilot can do everything IRL as well, it can deliver both A/A and A2G ordenance. It just happens that as an operational decission, the WSO is focused on navigation, and fancy A2G procedures (Setting JDAMs,JSOW,LGB, working the FLIR and A2G radar modes, IFF codes...)

I was told that the pilot only operates A/A armaments. The A/G who operates is the guy from behind.

What you have been told is wrong. The only things the pilot can't do from the front is turn on a few systems, per Strike Eagle WSOs/drivers on the Razbam discord.

Edit: ignore... was way old post I responded to.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

What you have been told is wrong. The only things the pilot can't do from the front is turn on a few systems, per Strike Eagle WSOs/drivers on the Razbam discord.

Thank you! I did not know! :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

This is about as realistic as the FC3 module in SP. This is absolutely not how the aircraft is normally operated in real life, so no use of such F-15E in SP for me. Even the now ancient Janes F-15 had a somewhat live AI WSO in the back. Flying a multicrew aircraft like it was a single crew one is a big no go for me in SP. I applaud Heatblur for their JESTER for the best single player representation of a multi crew aircraft ever. I would never fly the F-14 without it.

It sucks they said no AI for the plane. No AI will make me skip this module for the time being. Maybe when they flush out the 764 other products they are currently working on they can revisit this.

You won’t need an ai wso....you can do everything from the front seat.

Very different philosophy then the f14.

You just have a task worlflow between the two seats

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

You won’t need an ai wso....you can do everything from the front seat.

Very different philosophy then the f14.

You just have a task worlflow between the two seats

Yea I get it, just wishing they would have went a different path. It would be nice to have a little bit of realism in a SP arena. I get everything can be done from the front but that isn't very realistic. Whole point of a two seater is to have someone in the back and front. Just feels like they don't want to put in the effort to do something AI wise.

Yea I get it, just wishing they would have went a different path. It would be nice to have a little bit of realism in a SP arena. I get everything can be done from the front but that isn't very realistic. Whole point of a two seater is to have someone in the back and front. Just feels like they don't want to put in the effort to do something AI wise.

Can you blame them? Jester is already crap at doing A2A let alone A2G. How do you think you will get your AI WSO to pick the correct tank or building out of a group?? AI might work oké when all they have to do is a look at a radar screen and call out targets (like in the F-14, since it is a RIO not a WSO) but not at spotting the correct target out of a group/area. WSO’s are a lot more involved in ordnance employment than an F-14 RIO (which is why an AI there is kinda oké). In the end you will end up struggling and fighting more against the AI than it being a useful thing. I think it saves us and especially RAZBAM a lot of headaches by not including it. And in the end the community is never happy, because they’ll all grab their pitchforks and torches again if RB did include an AI and it was crap as well....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually the Jester system takes away from realism with it's pop up GUI and canned responses.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is about as realistic as the FC3 module in SP. This is absolutely not how the aircraft is normally operated in real life, so no use of such F-15E in SP for me. Even the now ancient Janes F-15 had a somewhat live AI WSO in the back. Flying a multicrew aircraft like it was a single crew one is a big no go for me in SP. I applaud Heatblur for their JESTER for the best single player representation of a multi crew aircraft ever. I would never fly the F-14 without it.
Yeah because Jester AI is so great and realistic and can pick the correct target and is perfect. No one I've talked to likes jester for air to air. Can't imagine for air to ground especially when using a targeting pod. I don't even thing you can use jester for the pod. I rather just do it myself than rely on AI that won't get it right.

Time to step off the hype train and have a reality check, just look at the struggles with the Harrier module to get the basics right aka keybinds. I wouldn't bet on the F15 being fully functional until late 2023/2024 and that is not an exaggeration, given that 2 1/2 years since release they can't even sort the TDC slew axis out. Great artwork guys however definitely sceptical at present on coding ability / resource base which to be honest has only grown in the last 3 years from believing in Razbam to start looking at them as a dedicated group of talented artists that struggle to code proficiently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Can you blame them? Jester is already crap at doing A2A let alone A2G. How do you think you will get your AI WSO to pick the correct tank or building out of a group?? AI might work oké when all they have to do is a look at a radar screen and call out targets (like in the F-14, since it is a RIO not a WSO) but not at spotting the correct target out of a group/area. WSO’s are a lot more involved in ordnance employment than an F-14 RIO (which is why an AI there is kinda oké). In the end you will end up struggling and fighting more against the AI than it being a useful thing. I think it saves us and especially RAZBAM a lot of headaches by not including it. And in the end the community is never happy, because they’ll all grab their pitchforks and torches again if RB did include an AI and it was crap as well....

Again, I get it. It's personal preference, nothing wrong with that. I don't have issues with Jester most of the time. Again, personal XP. Would have liked to see them try is all. I'll end up getting the thing just not a release. Agreed on the community aspect though.

Yeah because Jester AI is so great and realistic and can pick the correct target and is perfect. No one I've talked to likes jester for air to air. Can't imagine for air to ground especially when using a targeting pod. I don't even thing you can use jester for the pod. I rather just do it myself than rely on AI that won't get it right.

At least HB tried to do something out the box. Everyone else has just said multi-crew will come when it comes, or suck it up buttercup. At least they made the effort. Jester isn't perfect, didn't say it was, pretty sure nobody says it is. And no, Jester can't use the TPOD at the moment, but I'm sure that will suck too when it's released.

Time to step off the hype train and have a reality check, just look at the struggles with the Harrier module to get the basics right aka keybinds. I wouldn't bet on the F15 being fully functional until late 2023/2024 and that is not an exaggeration, given that 2 1/2 years since release they can't even sort the TDC slew axis out. Great artwork guys however definitely sceptical at present on coding ability / resource base which to be honest has only grown in the last 3 years from believing in Razbam to start looking at them as a dedicated group of talented artists that struggle to code proficiently.

Ah I see you made your way from bitching on the Harrier subforum to over here, welcome and please put away your constant negativity and bashing... The Harrier is in fact pretty good to fly and use systems wise!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At least HB tried to do something out the box. Everyone else has just said multi-crew will come when it comes, or suck it up buttercup. At least they made the effort. Jester isn't perfect, didn't say it was, pretty sure nobody says it is. And no, Jester can't use the TPOD at the moment, but I'm sure that will suck too when it's released.
HB had to do something to make it work because you need a RIO to use the weapons in the F-14. F-15E doesn't need that.