USS Oak Hill Coming Soon!!

Admiral, saw your USS Oak Hill ship today and downloaded it. Gave it a run and must say this is a beautifully detailed model. Well done. I did notice the 3 radars no not rotate. I used ModelViewer2 and found connectors 21, 22, and 23 are being used twice. Check your miniCam (uses connector 23) and the front port MiniGun (uses connector 21 and 22). These connectors are used by the radar antennas too. I deleted these two sections in the .lua and the radars now rotate. However, the MiniCam and forward MiniGun will now constantly rotate about.

Have you thought about animating the "tail gate" so it drops down and including a model without the landing craft inside the ship? Would make for some interesting photo sessions while landing units from the ship. Keep up the good work.

Rusty

Oak Hill is currently in the shipyard. Technicians onboard resolving texchnical issues.. Reapairs should be complete soon!

Make sure ya set Fire Guards. We dont need another Bonne Homme Richard incident. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Oak repairs are complete. Please check first post for latest update. I've added another version with out the LCAC in the well deck.. I will continue to work on her to make sure everything is working as it should.

Yeah, it's SAD what happened to the Bonne. It will i'm sure be laid up for maintenance for a good while.

Sierra99 please give the Oak a test.. I also fixed the camera. Thanks.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WAIT A MINUTE!!!

WHERE'D THE TUGS COME FROM!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Looks Great...BUT....

(There's always a but...)

Railings dont lower now.

The Radars moving really adds to it though. Great Work Sir!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Admiral, congratulations to the maintenance crew. The MiniCam and port MiniGun are working fine with independently rotating radars. The changes made to the main model also need to be incorporated into

the one without the landing craft inside. Many thanks for including that model.

As for animating the stern gate, from my point of view, it only needs to have animation possible. By that I mean the stern gate being up or down can be done via a livery selection and use of a custom

argument script. No fancy code is needed in the model or whatever like the fencing logic probably was. This is the method I use to have the various USS Stennis elevators up or down or hangar doors open or

closed.

Your models are first rate. Looking forward to more of your naval assets.

Rusty

Can't wait to see what other ships you decide to do. WW2, Korea, 80s-90s USN, some Iranian stuff to sink, any of that would be a welcome addition.

Maybe someday, the JFK will doable up to near Supercarrier features.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

SPECOPS in Oman.

Screen-200802-175548.png

Screen-200802-175613.png

Screen-200802-175840-bak.png

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Yes, that's what I am looking for with and without a landing craft inside the bay. Super work there Admiral.

Rusty

Which Osprey mod is that? Does it include a folded version?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Sierra99, the V22 Osprey is from the Military Aircraft Mod. I use a livery custom argument to get the wings and propellers to fold. Argument 23 = rear hatch open/close, 38 = propeller fold + pilot door open/or not, 50 = pilot/no pilot, and 292 is for the nacelle up/down. The wings will not rotate for "tight" storage. One thing to note with this mod is that the single texture sheet for the Osprey is about 87 MBs. You will probably want to change that especially if you plan to use a number of them at the same time.

Admiral, I am enjoying your Oak Hill and just downloaded the latest files. Any chance of getting a model with a 52 (Pearl Harbor) on it. I noticed the ship number is hard coded in the model and not on a texture sheet. Would like to have two of these beauties running about at the same time. Thanks again for this excellent model.

Rusty

326710911_OakHillwithOsprey.thumb.jpg.20aa851bb1ee71ec8f060b89b78d81b5.jpg

Thanks Sierra,

Now i understand. Yes, i have that Osprey also. I tried tweaking it so it will land and take off from the Oak but it doesn't work well. I do have an Old Osprey that does land and take off from the Oak.

I have some Hull Number Objects so i can easily create more but i think it's better to update the textures so you can just choose in ME.

Good job with the flight deck objects. There's so many thing i'd like to do with her but i'm limited