Received mine - small review

MustangSally

Received my Taurus and Libra yesterday, bang on seven days since leaving the factory. Reply's to my questions from Winwing were quick and considering the language barrier, relatively easy to understand.

Box was well packed with some noticeable changes on how the mounts were stored. No damage or loose screws were found.

Throttle - What can I say, it's a thing of beauty.All switches and axis's work perfectly and have a good quality feel to them. I love how all the switches have a separate button press for on and off. I still have to nut out the software but I'm sure Winwing will eventually get some written instructions up soon. It took a good 30mins to get DCS F-18 setup last night. I did have to set up some throttle curves in DCS to accurately locate the A/B detents.

Grip and base - I'm surprised by the quality. It feels smooth and comfortable. In fact I prefer this F-18 grip over the TM unit and the Virpil CM (to big). The buttons feel so much better then the TM's....easier to actuate. The extra bindings also allow for a bit more flexibility within the sim.

I still have to spend some time with spring tension and cam/dampener adjustment to minimise the center detent (hardly noticeable) but I'm getting there.

Accessories - Mounts are solid and strong. The adjustment system on the Super Libra now uses slots with bolts, not clamps. I do have the extension but have decided not to use it due to my seating position.

Do I recommend it? Yes, absolutely. It is expensive but I do believe in - you get what you pay for!

yZ7SYB.jpg

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir