Diving down the rabbit hole - Teensy 2 and DIY button box

On the early slopes of the learning curve here so thanks for your patience. I have a teensy 2 board and a load of pushbutton switches working ok in game but have 4 rotary encoders (with push-button switch facility) to control cockpit stuff like lights, radio volume, etc.

I can get windows game controllers to recognise the Teensy board and the rotaries but they are unusable as theres so much 'chatter' when they are turned they cannot be mapped within dcs. On some of the example programs in Teensy/Arduino they work fine and are precise but I cant get them working well enough to use in game. Maybe I'm lacking the right code or the wiring is not right? Any advice/help gratefully received.

I cheated and used mom-off-mom rotary switches instead of encoders. I just couldn't get the encoders to work right. With the dial switches you loose the tactile click but also the aggravation of missing the frequency you are trying to select.

John

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground