(Project on hold) Weathered cockpit textures

How much heavy are the textures comparing them to the stock ones in terms of bytes?

A few megabytes heavier than the stock textures. I had to upscale a single file from 512x512 to 4K (canopy glass), but other than that the file sizes are identical and there won't be any performance hit.

Dima | My DCS uploads

This looks amazing! I hope this won't give ED's artists sleepless nights in regards to the upcoming A-10c II weathered cockpit ;)

Btw. When you are building the final mod, putting it all together, can you make it kinda modular so we can choose which sections to use and which to leave vanilla? I remember Bummer's update of Ricardo's A-10c texture mod came with a couple alternwtive versions for somee parts of the cockpit.

When you are building the final mod, putting it all together, can you make it kinda modular so we can choose which sections to use and which to leave vanilla?

Honestly? I'm not sure. This project is already too complex and time-consuming for me to be able to maintain multiple versions.

That's why I'm trying to avoid anything that might distract or annoy someone, like weird colors, "fun" labels, Tomcat-style unreadable markings, or canopy so dirty that you can barely see through it.

But! If you see something you don't like, or have any specific part you would like to see less weathered, just say so, and I'll see what I can do.

Dima | My DCS uploads

1ANmwpG.jpg

be3gRQP.jpg

EDIT: Found a better references, so had to redo it. This is how it should look:

34gaZhQ.jpg

P.S. Real A-10 have only one canopy breaker on the right side of the cockpit. I have no idea why ED put them on both sides ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lCMzmdf.png

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

Very nice, impressive work.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Normally a10c is not my favorite and I barely touch it. But with this cockpit makes me want to fly a-10c.

And I hope ED will not be mad at you :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

This really looks phenomenal! Once that thing is finished and released and your are happy with your work....i'll wait a couple of months until i can't resist any longer an start lobbying you to do the same for the Hornet and maybe later the Harrier. :)

This looks so well thought out....like some stew that has been cookingfor 30+ hours.

That does look impressive. Nice work.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Thanks again for all your kind words, folks!

Overall project completion: about 50%

This week I've been working on the canopy, which is one of the toughest parts of the cockpit due to its massive size, visibility to the pilot and the amount of detailed objects attached to it.

Well, all these objects are finished, and now I must rework the frame itself (hopefully over this weekend).

LBlfT4E.jpg

JU5sQ1B.jpg

hdrhFtE.jpg

0l56dOr.jpg

qPMDvF2.jpg

And although you can barely see it from your seat, I've also added this rubber seal:

7JFsR0w.jpg

Because it's kinda hard to properly pressurize the cockpit with just two pieces of metal pressed against each other :)

cfhRXkt.jpg

ZG9JnSS.jpg

Happy weekend to all!

Xfy88DV.jpg

Dima | My DCS uploads

Once your work is done I'll definitely hop back into the Hog! :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Once your work is done I'll definitely hop back into the Hog! :thumbup:

how can you live without Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttt once in a while?? It´s a therapy!! :lol:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle