(Project on hold) Weathered cockpit textures

Your other project is cool too, thank you !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 2 weeks later...
Good news everyone.

As I expected, the new A-10C II cockpit is nearly identical to the old one. So it shouldn't be a problem porting my textures to it. And it will most likely be released as a combined package for both modules.

Good news indeed!

Looking forward to it.

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

Good news everyone.

As I expected, the new A-10C II cockpit is nearly identical to the old one. So it shouldn't be a problem porting my textures to it. And it will most likely be released as a combined package for both modules.

zfrFwbc.jpg

Hi minsky

When do you going to release that package ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, it will be released... eventually.

The work has slowed down for three main reasons:

1. There is no point in rushing it right now, because most people are still toying with the official aged cockpit.

2. ED is still tweaking the model - there are changes to textures in every patch. And after each patch I have to check every single texture against the previous version and make changes to mine. This is a waste of time, to be honest.

3. I'm in the process of migrating this project to the A-10C II. This is now the primary development platform. From the user's standpoint nothing changes: the project will be released simultaneously for both modules, as promised. But for me this means a much simpler workflow. Both cockpits are nearly identical, the main difference is that the A-10C II has a few extra textures. So I can "downgrade" it into the A-10C in a matter of minutes.

Thanks for your patience and support!

• Like 3

Dima | My DCS uploads

I'm in the process of migrating this project to the A-10C II.

So we'll get to choose between Factory Fresh, ED's Weathered, and yours? That's really good news! :thumbup:

Just take your time, your project looks and sounds more promising than ever!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Was flipping through this thread, WOW this is some amazing work! Looking forward to seeing this in the A-10C II!

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• 3 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 7:50 PM, Minsky said:

I updated the first post guys. Yes, it's still on hold, and no, it's not cancelled.

Clark, this looks absolutely amazing! Nearing completion?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• Minsky changed the title to (Project on hold) Weathered cockpit textures