Open Mod Manager

sedenion

New 0.9.8 Release.

https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases/tag/0.9.8

This release fix numerous small and annoying bug, add support for HTTP redirect follow and a new menu entry and shortcut for Mod makers that allow to directly load a package or folder into the Package Editor.

• Add support and automatic follow of HTTP redirect responses.
  • Fix Network ListView columns click wrongly pops up contextual menu.
  • Fix Network ListView not properly redrawn after item sorting.
  • Fix Network Abort button not properly enabled at download start.
  • Fix Package Editor not properly clear properties of modified existing package.
  • New menu and shortcut to load seleted package in Package Editor.
  • Fix not working delete repository button of Network tab.
  • Fix overly long warning messages with huge packages list.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, vladimusmaximus said:

Question: I just installed Windows 10, I had a copy of Open Mod Manager on Win11 that I have an image of... Is there anyway I can restore it fully with the contexts? How can I transfer the contexts; is it stored within a folder or windows registry? Thanks

Context is saved with the Context def file (.omc) which should logicaly lie into its Context home folder you created. So simply have to copy and move that folder where you want, then opening the context def file via File > Open menu.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New 0.99.1 Release.

https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases

This release bring a lot a new things and several bug fix:

• Fix command shortcuts still working when main dialog is not active.
  • Fix scrolling for Overlap and Dependencies in Package Properties Dialog.
  • Fix missing dialogs for package download errors.
  • Fix Package Editor bad encoding of loaded/saved description text.
  • Fix Package Editor not detected file extension when open an existing package.
  • Fix Network Repository description never saved locally.
  • Update embedded XXhash algorithm to the 0.8.1 version.
  • Update embedded Pugixml library to the 1.12.1 version.
  • New Uninstall tree - uninstall with dependencies - feature.
  • New MD5 (md5sum) alogirthm support for repository files checksum.
  • New Category field for Packages.
  • New custom path or URL mechanism for repository files download.
  • New improved message boxes and icons.
  • New Installation Batch "Install-Only" execution mode.
  • New ability to associate description and thumbnail for dev/folder packages.
  • New improved UI with resizable frames.
  • New Markdown parsing support for package description.

Interface

The main window is now splitted is two resizable frames whith the workspace as main frame, and package overview as bottom frame.

Packages descriptions are now parsed as Markdown syntax and rendered in rich formatted text. The renderer use the RTF Format as rendered by WordPad (this is the same engine, the one supplied as standard with WinAPI since Vista)... So, not everything is beautifull (specialy tables and code or quote blocks, which do not resize properly).

Folder-Packages (Developer/legacy mode) now support auto-detection of description text and snapshot image. Both description text and image file must be placed beside the folder inside the Library, and have the same name than the folder, either with or without the version string (this, to allow Mod developers to keep the same description text regardless the parsed version).

For example, suppose the Folder-Package nammed My_Super_Mod_v1.2, a text file named My_Super_Mod.txt would be recognized as valid description for this folder. Obviously, My_Super_Mod_v1.2.txt will also work. If the file name exactly match the folder name (meaning : including version), it has priority.

Network Repository

Application now support MD5sum for network repository file checksum (previously, only XXHash3 was supported, a very good but not common hash algorithm). This, to allow third party to develop their own Repository Definition file in developement context where XXHash3 is not available. To specify MD5sum, you must use the "md5sum" attribute instead of "checksum" or "xxhsum" attribute. If people are interested to develop their own Repository generator, tell me and I give you proper specifications for thumbnail and descriptions encapsulation.

Network Repository mainteners can now specify a wide variety of custom URL/Path/Subfolder for each package. The previous "Custom URL" implementation of the Repository Editor was a bit simplistic and were imposing to specify a full URL as alternative download address for the package. The new implementation is more flexible and smarter, building the final URL with completion rules. You now can specify either:

• An alternative subdirectory that will supersede the default subdirectory (eg. /custom/path)
  • An alternative URL that will supersede the default base URL (eg. http://domain.tld/path)
  • An alternative full URL to file that will replace any other default (eg. http://domain.tld/path/My_File.zip)

Miscellaneous

The installations Batches can now be defined as "Install Only". This feature was requested long time ago, then I finaly implemented it. When an Installation Batch is set to "Install Only", it does not uninstall any package and proceed as "additive install". This allow to combine multiple Installation Batches that will all performs their own additional installs withou uninstalling the previously installed packages.

There is now a new "Uninstall Tree" fonction that allow to uninstall the selected package with all its dependency tree. Meaning, if a Package have a dependencies, the installed (and no longer used) dependencies of this package will be uninstalled. This is especially usefull with "meta-packages".

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 3

As usual, the release was a bit too early. I just published a new 0.99.2 hotfix version that correct some bugs, but especially the Markdown renderer, which had serious problems with some ordered or unordered lists.

Please see the post just before or the first page of this topic for download.

Edited by sedenion

Ummm... the link in the post before last is not correct; the test is, but the link is different.

You might want to normalize the file names; OpenModMan_0-9-9-x64_setup.exe sounds like version 0.9.9. It's perfectly legitimate and unambiguous to have dots (.) in file names, if the name also has a file-type extension; eg .exe, so OpenModMan_0.99.2-x64_setup.exe is fine and unambiguous. But if you really don't want dots in the names, you have to decide in advance, whether spaces will be "-" or "_" and the other dots, and stick to it always in all cases.

Adding "hotfix" only makes everything unclear; it it a fix for 0.99.1, or for 0.99.2? The numbering alone is unambiguous and clear.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On 2/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, Captain Orso said:

Ummm... the link in the post before last is not correct; the test is, but the link is different.

You might want to normalize the file names; OpenModMan_0-9-9-x64_setup.exe sounds like version 0.9.9. It's perfectly legitimate and unambiguous to have dots (.) in file names, if the name also has a file-type extension; eg .exe, so OpenModMan_0.99.2-x64_setup.exe is fine and unambiguous. But if you really don't want dots in the names, you have to decide in advance, whether spaces will be "-" or "_" and the other dots, and stick to it always in all cases.

Adding "hotfix" only makes everything unclear; it it a fix for 0.99.1, or for 0.99.2? The numbering alone is unambiguous and clear.

The version is 0.9.9 but for reason I absolutly don't care now, when released hotfix the tag becam 0.99.N. The 0.99.N are new releases corrected of the previous 0.9.9. To be clear and simple, go here and download the last published release : https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases

Edited by sedenion

Okay, thanks 

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

I cant create any packages, all of the packages are less than 1mb in size, I have tried zip, ozp and different levels of crompression, using latest version 0.9.9.6 (Beta - hotfix)

EDIT: With the previous version sometimes work, but with this package I have this error.

Sin título.png

Edited by malarcky

Hmmm, interesting. I have never had issues, except when the path is too long.
(Pre packing, all the way from the root of your drive).
Could that be it?

EDIT: When looking the second time, it seems there are some naming errors.
I will try with the same mod later myself, just to check if I have better luck.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 4/23/2022 at 3:32 PM, malarcky said:

I cant create any packages, all of the packages are less than 1mb in size, I have tried zip, ozp and different levels of crompression, using latest version 0.9.9.6 (Beta - hotfix)

EDIT: With the previous version sometimes work, but with this package I have this error.

Sin título.png

Tried myself, same error. Believe I found the culprit. Don't think Open Mod Manager likes certain characters in the path.

image.png

@sedenion Can you confirm?

Cheers!

On 4/23/2022 at 3:32 PM, malarcky said:

Sorry for the delay. I confirm the bug in the latest hotfix. I will investigate. Anyway, this should work properly with previous versions.

EDIT: Bug fixed in the latest hotfix 0.9.9.7

If you encounter bugs, please do not hesitate to open an issu in Ggithub, I have better notifications than in this forum.

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 4:04 PM, Marroux said:

Hi,

No way to create an RTF description for a package.
Is there an example package?

Thank you for your help...

Hi,

You do not have to create RTF description, you have to write description in plain text (ideally UTF-8 encoded, but Windows-1252/ISO-8859 is also supported), but using the Markdown syntax:

https://www.markdownguide.org/basic-syntax

(The RTF format is used only internally, dynamically generated to render formated text into the window control)

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 7:05 PM, MAXsenna said:

Tried myself, same error. Believe I found the culprit. Don't think Open Mod Manager likes certain characters in the path.

@sedenion Can you confirm?

Cheers!

I can confirm the big bug in le 0.9.9.6 version, but concerning problem with certain characters in the path, please retry using the very last release (0.9.9.7).

Explanation: the 0.9.9.6 was released to fix a zip library files access failures due to a bad charset conversion of the file path. This specific bug was fixed, but this introduced this new bug of zero-sized compressed files... So, it is possible that everything work properly with the 0.9.9.7.

• Like 1

I can confirm the big bug in le 0.9.9.6 version, but concerning problem with certain characters in the path, please retry using the very last release (0.9.9.7).
Explanation: the 0.9.9.6 was released to fix a zip library files access failures due to a bad charset conversion of the file path. This specific bug was fixed, but this introduced this new bug of zero-sized compressed files... So, it is possible that everything work properly with the 0.9.9.7.
Thanks!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

If It's difficult or long work to have documentation and how to play,

make a Youtube video!🫕:grabbounce:

Windows 10 (64 bits)

Intel® Corei7-3770 CPU@ 3.40GHz 3.40GHZ

32,0 Go Canal-Double DDR3

Moniteur Philips 24 pouces (1920x1080@60Hz)

Moniteur Philips 19b (1280x1024)

2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (NVIDIA)

1024 MoATI AMD Radeon HD 5450 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Track IR 5, Saitek Rudder Pedals Pro, Hotas Warthog

Hi,

After almost two years of developement, here come the first official non-beta release: Welcome to Open Mod Manager version 1.0.

Actualy, this release simply includes all the previous fixes and changes of the 0.9.9.x hotfixes cycle, plus some minor fixes. So, this will not change much if you allready downloaded the latest 0.9.9.8 "hotfix". Anyway, here the changelog for this version, from the last "main" version 0.9.9 of feburary:

• Fix and optimize markdown rendering
  • Fix loading JPEG files may cause application to crash
  • Fix and optimized image processing
  • Fix deleting package may crash application
  • Fix Repository Package parse failing due to 'xxhsum' tag not properly handled
  • New support of paths with non-ANSI characters for ZIP file I/O
  • Fix download low performances on large files over high-speed network
  • Added bypass of access denied for network folders which access cannot be properly evaluated
  • Fixed newly created Software Context not properly selected after Wizard dialog closed
  • Fix potential memory leaks when closing software context
  • Update embedded libcurl library to version 7.83.1
  • Update embedded miniz library to version 2.2.0

For who that already installed any previous version: As usual you can simply download and launch the setup that will overwrite previous files. However, this release upgraded to libcurl 7.83.1 which embed libcrypto and libssl in its main .dll file, so, the following files are no longer needed and can be deleted from the installation folder:

• 64 bit build: libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll and libssl-1_1-x64.dll
  • 32 bit build: libcrypto-1_1.dll and libssl-1_1.dll

As usual, details and download link are avaiable in the first page of this topic

Edited by sedenion
  • Thanks 7

Nice one!  

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hello @sedenion

I'm a mod manager for my squadron. We currently host an OVGME Repository with some 35 mods (mostly curated from the DCS Forums but many of our own livery packs, assets etc).  Currently with OVGME, we will have a mod named something like this...

40th Livery Pack - Phoenix.zip

This is compiled with OVGME and has metadata like the version number (1.8.403) and description embedded into the archive using OVGME's archive builder.  We upload to our repo and update the MODS.XML in the online folder to change the version number to the latest.  Then when users sync their repo, they get the orange checkbox saying (you already have this, but it's an older version).  From there they can sync up and download the latest ones.

With OMM, the best I can see.. the version number is now forced into the file name, and this makes the repo potentially a mess as you would have the following.

40th Livery Pack - phoenix _ 1.8.403.zip

40th Livery Pack - phoenix _ 1.9.0512.zip

40th Livery Pack - phoenix _ 2.0.0529.zip

Personally I would prefer not to have all these versions in the file names. It means someone can accidentally download and install 2 over each other.

How should I handle this in OMM?  What steps do I need to take to manage this?

Thanks,

DTH

Edited by DroptheHammer

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

20 hours ago, DroptheHammer said:

With OMM, the best I can see.. the version number is now forced into the file name, and this makes the repo potentially a mess as you would have the following.

40th Livery Pack - phoenix _ 1.8.403.zip

40th Livery Pack - phoenix _ 1.9.0512.zip

40th Livery Pack - phoenix _ 2.0.0529.zip

Personally I would prefer not to have all these versions in the file names. It means someone can accidentally download and install 2 over each other.

How should I handle this in OMM?  What steps do I need to take to manage this?

To avoid user to download the wrong version, you should remove the undesired entries from the repository. The repository editor provided with OMM is far more advanced than the OvGME one, it allow  to open an existing repository XML file, to add, remove and edit entries individually, then save a modified version.

Another, more advanced method, is to create a meta-package with proper dependencies to all proper packages versions to be downloaded. This way, assuming you properly edit meta-package dependencies, you can tell people to download the metapackage, this will download (then install) only the desired packages, in order to satisfy the dependencies.

Edited by sedenion

Congratulations on the first full version 👍 This has really become one of the most important tools I use for DCS 🤗

Two questions:

1. How do I delete old, un-needed installation batch definitions?

2. Is there a guide on how to build a mod package with illustration, description, and version numbers, by scratch, instead of using the package editor?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

On 5/18/2022 at 5:44 PM, Captain Orso said:

1. How do I delete old, un-needed installation batch definitions?

In the Software Context properties, Installation Batches tab, you have a delete button. You can also simply delete the file within your Context folder...

On 5/18/2022 at 5:44 PM, Captain Orso said:

2. Is there a guide on how to build a mod package with illustration, description, and version numbers, by scratch, instead of using the package editor?

No guide, anyway you can easily deduct by opening an already existing package, watching the structure inside and the .omp XML file. The version is parsed from the file name, it must be at the very end of the file name, preceded by the v letter (either capital or not). ex : My_Package_v1.zip; My_Package_V1.2.zip; My_Package_v1.2.3.zip;

The definition XML file must be UTF-8 encoded, especially if description embed non-ASCII characters...

Supported image format for snapshots are : jpeg, png, bmp, gif.

Edited by sedenion
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks! 😄

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler