Open Mod Manager

sedenion

2 hours ago, r_vandenbroek said:

I want to have a repository on my NAS, http (only option, right?).

OMM should work with HTTPS, however there is no certificate validation, only encryption. Anyway I doubt encryption would be a real benefit for mod download.

2 hours ago, r_vandenbroek said:

It worked with OVGME but am struggling with the setup with OMM. I went looking through the xml and am unsure where to put what data. Let's say the mod is called sample_mod and is located on my NAS at: http://thisisatesturl.com/mods/  and I have an xml at that location.

You have the choice, you even have many choices... but, first, you'd better use the Repository Editor than editing the XML directly, especially to manage package collection.

The most general case is to use the "Default download Path" (<downpath> in the XML) to define the subdirectory where to find packages to download. This path is relative to what is called the repository "base URL" which is by definition where you put your XML repository file. In your example, it is "http://thisisatesturl.com/mods/". So let say you define a Default download Path to "files/" then the packages must be downloadable at the url "http://thisisatesturl.com/mods/files/"

For particular cases, you can define per-package specific URL or Path and here you are very free to put what you want, OMM will deduce itself what you "mean" based on what the value looks like:

• An alternative subdirectory that will supersede the default subdirectory (eg. /custom/path)
  • An alternative URL that will supersede the default base URL (eg. http://domain.tld/path)
  • An alternative full URL to file that will replace any other default (eg. http://domain.tld/path/My_File.zip

Sumary :

Repository is qualified by a Base URL and a Name, the Name is the file name of the XML file withou the ".xml". (This mean you can have multiple repositories at the same Base URL).

Suppose you have a "DCS.xml" file available at the address "http://mysquadron.org", Repository Base URL is "http://mysquadron.org" and the repository name is "DCS"

For each repository, the Download Path define the default subdirectory (with Base URL as root) where listed files can be found for download. For example, if the Download Path is defined as "files/dcs/", packages files should be available at the URL "http://mysquadron.org/files/dcs/".

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all. How exactly does this work for you, when DCS got updated and overwrites installed mod files?

In the Open Mod Manager those prior installed mods are still shown as installed, when they actually are not. There is no way to re-install the packages (only uninstall and install).

Am I missing something here? Other than that the Open Mod Manager works pretty well with DCS for me so far!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

Uninstall before the  update, reinstall after...

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Before any DCS update, always uninstall mods in OMM then reinstall when update is done.

In your case, just uninstall and reinstall.

• Like 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

23 minutes ago, Tepnox said:

Hi all. How exactly does this work for you, when DCS got updated and overwrites installed mod files?

In the Open Mod Manager those prior installed mods are still shown as installed, when they actually are not. There is no way to re-install the packages (only uninstall and install).

Am I missing something here? Other than that the Open Mod Manager works pretty well with DCS for me so far!

If you updated DCS without uninstalling packages before, you need first to Discard OMM backup data or it will restore files of the previous DCS version when you uninstall packages.

So the good procedure in this case is :

1. Discard OMM backup data: Edit > Channel > Properties / Backup Tab, click on Discard backup data
  2. Install again the packages you want

The normal procedure is as said before, to uninstall all package before DCS update, peform DCS update, then install packages again.

If you uninstalled (restoring backup) packages that was installed prior to the last DCS update, you may have restored outdated files, so you should Repair your DCS installation:

1. Discard OMM backup data: Edit > Channel > Properties / Backup Tab, click on Discard backup data
  2. Repair DCS: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/support/faq/repair/#3126201
  3. Install again packages you want

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sedenion said:

If you updated DCS without uninstalling packages before, you need first to Discard OMM backup data or it will restore files of the previous DCS version when you uninstall packages.

Good point!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there a way to create a Dependency which is in another library in OMM?

It seems the dependency function works only for mods which is in the same library.

My case is, I use two different libraries for DCS. One library is for "Saved Games" folder mods, the other one is for the "DCS install folder" mods since in OMM, only one target folder can be designated.

In some cases, some mods (i.e. Community Keybinds mod in SG folder) need other mods (i.e. "DCS Command input injector" in DCS install folder mod) to work efficiently.

Best regards.  

Edited by cashman75
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cashman75 said:

Is there a way to create a Dependency which is in another library in OMM?

No

It seems the dependency function works only for mods which is in the same library.

More precisely, dependencies lookup work only within the same Channel (Library). Lookup through all Channels would greatly complexify the process.

My case is, I use two different libraries for DCS. One library is for "Saved Games" folder mods, the other one is for the "DCS install folder" mods.

In some cases, some mods (i.e. Community Keybinds mod in SG folder) need other mods (i.e. "DCS Command input injector" in DCS install folder mod) to work efficiently. 

Best regards.  

I understand... the fact is that this become so complex and so specific to DCS that, I doubt I'll implement such thing. I think users should ask ED team to implement a better and more complet modding logic via Saved Games, so users no longer need to deal witht two locations.

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 3

New version released : 1.0.9

This version fix a major bug related to package download/upgrade that cause application to crash. I was surprising no one noticed this before. This version also implement new automatically update/synchronization of Install Scripts when package are upgraded or deleted.

Changelog:

• Fix application crash after download for package upgrade
  • Install Scripts are now automatically updated/synchronized when package is upgraded or deleted.

https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases/tag/1.0.9

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sedenion said:

I am sorry but I don't understand your question...

I'm looking for the option of download mod updates automatically ones we start the app. I'm using the link I posted above to that particular mod, but I want the new updates get download automatically from the same link ones is a new version for this mod. Can we have that option?

if that portion of the download link 15943584020007 change ones a new file is updated for download maybe there is a way to check new updates from your app.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

I'm looking for the option of download mod updates automatically ones we start the app. I'm using the link I posted above to that particular mod, but I want the new updates get download automatically from the same link ones is a new version for this mod. Can we have that option?

No. The application does not work like that, to upgrade mods you need a proper OMM compatible mod repository. You can ask the mod creator or any third party to manage one.
Each hosting platforms have their rules, I cannot implement specific rules for all possibles situations, also, notice that the link you provided require explicit user-click due to Javascript handling... OMM cannot deal with such thing.
And finally, automatic download/upgrade at startup is not desirable from my point of view. I will even say that people should refuse and fight any kind of "automatic update" everywhere, begining by Windows.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, vladimusmaximus said:

Hi there, I did a fresh install in WIN11 (and have a backup image of my WIN10), how can I export/transfer my contexts from one to the other? I tried transferring the Appdata config file but it did nothing.

You don't need to import anything, simply open the .omc file of your context/hub folder...

• Like 3

Hi,

Dear Open Mod Manager project followers, this release will probably be the last available on GitHub, here is why:

GitHub will soon (October 12th) require Two-Factor authentication and I refuse to comply this, so if there is no alternative (it seem not), I will close my GitHub account before I can't access to it.

Don't panic, my projects, including Open Mod Manager are already migrated to SourceForge. So here is the Open Mod Manager project page in SourceForge : https://sourceforge.net/projects/openmodman/

I know Githhub has many advantage and Sourceforge is less user friendly, I myselft currently discover the platform. At least the project will not disapear.

Last word to understand my motives: The Two-Factor Authentication paradigm is not security related as claimed, but digital-identification related. I know the future they want for us and I don't like it.

Changelog for this release:

• Automatic README text now generated only if no description is provided

https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases/tag/1.1

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hello @sedenion - I 100% support and agree with your position. 

I recommend you update the First Page of this thread to include the Sourceforge URL. 

The vital thing to know is that you are not alone in your thinking.

• Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

3 hours ago, sedenion said:

The Two-Factor Authentication paradigm is not security related as claimed, but digital-identification related. I know the future they want for us and I don't like it.

Couldn't agree more ... currently the only 2FA I'm using is the one of my Bank, because its implemented through a pin-generator device that I carry on my key-chain, not on my phone.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, sedenion said:
digital-identification related. I know the future they want for us and I don't like it.

Neither do I Sedenion. We're being coerced into this kind of thing more and more and the more it goes on, the more I dislike it. Quite literally taking liberties.

Open a nice bottle of red. 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sedenion said:

8<

Last word to understand my motives: The Two-Factor Authentication paradigm is not security related as claimed, but digital-identification related. I know the future they want for us and I don't like it.

8<

Hi Sedenion, thanks for the update to OMM 👍

Could you point me to information about TFA and digital-identification? I'm never heard of any concerns with TFA and use it with many accounts. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

7 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Couldn't agree more ... currently the only 2FA I'm using is the one of my Bank, because its implemented through a pin-generator device that I carry on my key-chain, not on my phone.

Coincidentally, ED had to introduce an 2FA requirement recently for the trial program.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

Could you point me to information about TFA and digital-identification? I'm never heard of any concerns with TFA and use it with many accounts. Thanks in advance.

Most 2AF mechanisms are linked in some ways, either directly or indirectly, with your Mobile Phone (Phone Number/ IMEI / SIM card)... Even TOTP mechanism which claim to don't requiere you to supply your phone number, are working (for almost all options) using Mobile Phone applications, or desktop applications that requiere you to supply your Phone number... What a surprise...  meaning, you have to install a third-party software on what can be considered as your "personnal spying device", or give your "personnal spying device" number to be able to authenticate.

At this stage, even if we forget all what we know about how GAFAM/Big-Data and Intelligence agencies gather and fusion data to try to create a "Digital double" of you, and in this goal, how your phone number/SIM/IMEI (which is the most reliable thing that identify you as physical person) is a precious data, we can understand that the 2AF that force you to use your Mobile Phone as "authentication device" is a way to accustom people to use their Mobile Phone for this purpose. The second step will be to introduce the Digital-ID that will work with your phone and allow you to authenticate more easily than using the boring 2AF method. Finaly, as you can lose your Mobile Phone, they will introduce to you the under-skin microship.

As a general rules (with some exceptions), consideres that each time an symbolic or real authority (which obviously include governments and instutitions, but also GAFAM and Big-Data actors) use "Safety" or "Security" pretext, it is never about your safety or security but THEIR OWN safety, security, business and ways to control you and make you complying.

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, sedenion said:

Most 2AF mechanisms are linked in some ways, either directly or indirectly, with your Mobile Phone (Phone Number/ IMEI / SIM card)... Even TOTP mechanism which claim to don't requiere you to supply your phone number, are working (for almost all options) using Mobile Phone applications, or desktop applications that requiere you to supply your Phone number... What a surprise...  meaning, you have to install a third-party software on what can be considered as your "personnal spying device", or give your "personnal spying device" number to be able to authenticate.

At this stage, even if we forget all what we know about how GAFAM/Big-Data and Intelligence agencies gather and fusion data to try to create a "Digital double" of you, and in this goal, how your phone number/SIM/IMEI (which is the most reliable thing that identify you as physical person) is a precious data, we can understand that the 2AF that force you to use your Mobile Phone as "authentication device" is a way to accustom people to use their Mobile Phone for this purpose. The second step will be to introduce the Digital-ID that will work with your phone and allow you to authenticate more easily than using the boring 2AF method. Finaly, as you can lose your Mobile Phone, they will introduce to you the under-skin microship.

As a general rules (with some exceptions), consideres that each time an symbolic or real authority (which obviously include governments and instutitions, but also GAFAM and Big-Data actors) use "Safety" or "Security" pretext, it is never about your safety or security but THEIR OWN safety, security, business and ways to control you and make you complying.

Many thanks for the reply, Sedenion.

At least according to my phone's OS the Google Authenticator has no permissions to look at my phone number, SIM card, or IMEI. Of course, that is assuming the Android OS itself is not spyware.

But then simply owning any mobile phone opens one to being spied on, even if you use a 'burner' phone, you leave a trail. Just one not so easily followed to you as a person.

With the number of forums and even large corporations being hacked and having personal data stolen - especially email address and passwords from forums, I view TFA as added security, but I also use a password generator and encrypted password database.

Since ten years the world knows without a doubt how much data the US's security agencies collects on all of us, even though it is highly illegal in the US itself, and yet there was no huge wave of protesting the government or telecommunications providers who cooperated with the government. The US public in general is in that sense and albatross around or necks. What each person does with that information is and individual decision with no perfect solutions available.

Thanks again for your reply, Sednion.

• Like 2

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1