Open Mod Manager

sedenion

New 0.9.2 Release ! (Download Link in the first post of this topic)

• Rewritten Package building algorithm.
  • Fixed Package "Save As" button never enabling.
  • Replace GPL text by credits in the "About" dialog.
  • Rewritten file/directory Access-Control check mechanisms.
  • Improved Unicode and non-ASCII characters support.
  • Fixed incorrect packages list refresh after move to trash.

New 0.9.3 Release ! (Download Link in the first post of this topic)

This version mainly fix numerous bug related to dialog window logics and process. If no major bug is discovered with this version, I will begin to write the documentation for the next one.

• Update pugixml API to version 1.10
  • Fixed new Context Wizzard custom library and bakcup folder incorrectly created.
  • Fixed multiple bugs in various dialogs.

Thanks, I will retry it and let you know how it goes :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

By "network" feature missing you mean the repository system available on OvGME? That's the way we, and other squadrons, are managing their mods to make sure everyone is having the same ones for our missions. Will certainly look at this new software once the repository feature (or better) is available. Thanks for this great initiative.

Thanks sedenion!

Tried latest version. No problems at all.

Made two contexts. One for DCS, another for ARMA III (Just a place holder for testing).

Added three locations for DCS. One for "Saved Games mods", shared by Stable and OB. And one each for Stable and OB for "core mods".

Made some test packages, and applied through the different locations. Worked without a hinge.

Gonna mess around some more, to see a way to "split" it up even more. To have better control over different mods. Like Rudel mentioned.

Oh, and I just added my old OvGME repositories. No problem there as well. As expected.

Are you open for constructive criticism and suggestions?

Gonna read some or your post later, to get a feeling of what you have in mind for the future.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

By "network" feature missing you mean the repository system available on OvGME? That's the way we, and other squadrons, are managing their mods to make sure everyone is having the same ones for our missions. Will certainly look at this new software once the repository feature (or better) is available. Thanks for this great initiative.

Yes, I mean network repository system. I will implement such features after the currents ones were stabilised, and, I have to find the courage to write some documentation.

Are you open for constructive criticism and suggestions?

Gonna read some or your post later, to get a feeling of what you have in mind for the future.

Open for criticism and suggestion, yes. Currently my horison is to consolidate and write the help/documentation for the implemented part in order to seal this base. More feature can be implemented, the software was "think" for that (as you can see, the "Library" interface is a Tab, it is possible and planned add tabs).

You seem to know this already, but Mod Manager will not achieve widespread acceptance until documentation is available. I have been struggling to get it implemented by trial and error and can see it has great potential. Since English is apparently not your native language, I volunteer to assist with editing whatever you prepare. I have many years experience preparing technical documents.

Very clever. Thanks. so batches are mutually exclusive? That is, installing a batch automatically uninstalls any other installed batch?

Currently, yes. More precisely the algorithm first look at all currently installed packages, if they are not in the batch's "install list", it uninstall them. This is why an "empty" batch (ie. with no installed package) actually uninstall all.

At implementation I questioned myself about an option to make a batch "inclusive" (that bypass the uninstall step), so that it does not uninstall packages. However I questionned myself about the utility of such option compared to confusion that this can induce without a way to quickly identify an "inclusive" or "exclusive" batch in the list.

How can I change parsed name, and parsed version?

The boxes are grey. The name is usually okay, but I can't seem to set version anywhere when I make a package.

Possible for the future. Would be awesome to have a way of defining categories, to sort or "display only".

This app is getting love now!

Cheers!

How can I change parsed name, and parsed version?

The boxes are grey. The name is usually okay, but I can't seem to set version anywhere when I make a package.

Yep, pretty easy but you can't guess alone if you don't know. The version is parsed/deducted from the file name according the following rules:

- The version number must be at the very end of the filename, before the file extension (if it is a file)

- The version number must be preceded by the "v" letter either big "V" or small "v"

- The version numbers, major, minor, revision must be separated by one dot.

- The version number can be major only, major with minor, or full major, minor and revision. Example:

My_Mod_Filename_v1.6.zip

My_Other_Mod_V1.2.3.zip

Then_another_package_v3.zip

Also know that the underscores are automatically translated to space in the displayed (parsed) name.

That is part of little things documentation would explain. unfortunately, I must take my time to another project for 1-2 week for now.

Possible for the future. Would be awesome to have a way of defining categories, to sort or "display only".

Please create a new issue with the label "enhancement" describing your request here : https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/issues

Yep, pretty easy but you can't guess alone if you don't know. The version is parsed/deducted from the file name according the following rules:

- The version number must be at the very end of the filename, before the file extension (if it is a file)

- The version number must be preceded by the "v" letter either big "V" or small "v"

- The version numbers, major, minor, revision must be separated by one dot.

- The version number can be major only, major with minor, or full major, minor and revision. Example:

My_Mod_Filename_v1.6.zip

My_Other_Mod_V1.2.3.zip

Then_another_package_v3.zip

Also know that the underscores are automatically translated to space in the displayed (parsed) name.

That is part of little things documentation would explain. unfortunately, I must take my time to another project for 1-2 week for now.

Please create a new issue with the label "enhancement" describing your request here : https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/issues

Awesome! Will try. Thanks for the quick answer!

Okay. Quick question,

It seems it has a little issue regarding long paths when making a package, and words with accents. I.E. folder name like "TÜRKISH AIR FORCE 18-0094".

Do you want me to report it at Github?

Cheers!

EDIT: Never mind the folder name. It was 7zip that made a strange character.

Edited by MAXsenna

Okay. Quick question,

It seems it has a little issue regarding long paths when making a package, and words with accents. I.E. folder name like "TÜRKISH AIR FORCE 18-0094".

Do you want me to report it at Github?

Cheers!

EDIT: Never mind the folder name. It was 7zip that made a strange character.

If you see such problem you can report yes... theoretically, the software is "unicode/foreign-language proof"... however things are complexs and some problem may come, espetially with ZIP format, which is not formelly natively Unicode, and various "implementation" can exists. Currently, my implementation is, I think, the same way than both Windows built-in and WinRar's implementation (at least, it is compatible)... I don't know how 7zip implement it.

Yes, I get it. What happened was that, when I unzipped an archive 7zip made a funny non-unicode, obviously, character. But I drilled down and found the issue easily as you're app reported the exact issue!

Perfect!

Yes, I get it. What happened was that, when I unzipped an archive 7zip made a funny non-unicode, obviously, character. But I drilled down and found the issue easily as you're app reported the exact issue!

Perfect!

Quick research about how 7zip implements non-ASCII characters leaded me to the very probable answer.

https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discussion/45797/thread/03751f07/

7zip Developper's quote:

utf-8 is new feature of zip.

Some zip unpacker programs do not support it.

So we don't use utf-8 by default for compatibility reasons.

The fact is that I do use UTF-8 encoding in my implementation.

I think you can configure 7zip to use UTF-8 by default...

Quick research about how 7zip implements non-ASCII characters leaded me to the very probable answer.

https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discussion/45797/thread/03751f07/

7zip Developper's quote:

The fact is that I do use UTF-8 encoding in my implementation.

I think you can configure 7zip to use UTF-8 by default...

Thanks for looking into, but no worries already solved it.

But another thing. I sort of repacked all my mods with your app. Had some preliminary warnings about overlapping mods in the core install folders. But I had some redundant empty folders. And as soon as I removed them and repacked. It was easily solved.

But now, I have a lot of warnings for some of the free modules. Like A-4E-C, MB-339, CAM and MAM, and some other mods. The only folders they share are the root mods folder and aircraft or tech folder in the mods folder.

I installed anyway of course, but now I have some errors. Any clue to what's going on?

Thanks for looking into, but no worries already solved it.

But another thing. I sort of repacked all my mods with your app. Had some preliminary warnings about overlapping mods in the core install folders. But I had some redundant empty folders. And as soon as I removed them and repacked. It was easily solved.

But now, I have a lot of warnings for some of the free modules. Like A-4E-C, MB-339, CAM and MAM, and some other mods. The only folders they share are the root mods folder and aircraft or tech folder in the mods folder.

I installed anyway of course, but now I have some errors. Any clue to what's going on?

Check closely, you should have at least one file or a folder that is added then overwritten by another package/mod.

Overlap are checked before package/mod installation, the warning is thrown if one of these case occur:

- A file originally exist in destination tree, one package already overwritten it, the package that is about to be installed is about to overwrite it again.

- A file does not originally exist in destination tree, one package added/created it, the package that is about to be installed is about to overwrite it.

- A folder does not originally exist in destination tree, one package added/created it, the package that is about to be installed is about to recreate it.

The two first cases are pretty obvious, the third one may occure in more subtl situations (in the user point of view). Let suppose a folder "Skins" that already exists in the destination tree. A first mod install a new file "Toto.dds" within a new subfolder named "NewSkin" in this "Skins" folder. This mean the subfolder "NewSkin" was created by this package.

Now suppose another package that install a new file named "zeropluszero.dds" within the same "NewSkin" subfolder created by the previous package. This package does not overwrite the previous "toto.dds" file, BUT, since the "NewSkin" subfolder was created by the first package, it is considerated as "recreated" by the second one, then, an overlap warning is generated.

Edited by sedenion

Check closely, you should have at least one file or a folder that is added then overwritten by another package/mod.

Overlap are checked before package/mod installation, the warning is thrown if one of these case occur:

- A file originally exist in destination tree, one package already overwritten it, the package that is about to be installed is about to overwrite it again.

- A file does not originally exist in destination tree, one package added/created it, the package that is about to be installed is about to overwrite it.

- A folder does not originally exist in destination tree, one package added/created it, the package that is about to be installed is about to recreate it.

The two first cases are pretty obvious, the third one may occure in more subtl situations (in the user point of view). Let suppose a folder "Skins" that already exists in the destination tree. A first mod install a new file "Toto.dds" within a new subfolder named "NewSkin" in this "Skins" folder. This mean the subfolder "NewSkin" was created by this package.

Now suppose another package that install a new file named "zeropluszero.dds" within the same "NewSkin" subfolder created by the previous package. This package does not overwrite the previous "toto.dds" file, BUT, since the "NewSkin" subfolder was created by the first package, it is considerated as "recreated" by the second one, then, an overlap warning is generated.

Solved it! I had made a mistake in one locations path, and also had to "remove" duplicate mods.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!