Open Mod Manager

sedenion

New 0.9.7 Release.

https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases/tag/0.9.7

This release does not implement much new feature, it is more a polished version of the 0.9.6 with the requested adjustments.

• Developer mode back as enabled by default.
  • Fix undo install not working with archive files backup.
  • Package created folders no longer generate overlapping.

I also updated the first page of this topic with a new presentation text and a better "getting started" chapter.

• Like 2

• sedenion changed the title to Open Mod Manager
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, malarcky said:

Hi, first of all thank you for this amazing piece of software, we and some friends are trying to make our own repository so we have the same mods aviable. If I understand correctly, we need to make a new xml file everytime we need to add some mods?

You can edit a existing repository XML file, adding (or deleting) referenced packages, editing packages individual data... then reupload the new XML file to your server.

Edited by sedenion

13 minutes ago, sedenion said:

You can edit a existing repository XML file, adding (or deleting) referenced packages, editing packages individual data... then reupload the new XML file to your server.

Ok, understood. Is it possible to make something that only uses the server files as a list? It would be so much easier to mantain, altough you dont have the extra information of the packages.

43 minutes ago, malarcky said:

Is it possible to make something that only uses the server files as a list?

I'am not sure what you mean, but I am pretty sure the anwere is no. To do such thing the software would need to communicate with the server using a protocol that support file listing (at least FTP, or some advanced HTTP)... this would become a second software by itself.

What I recommands to you is to keep a local mirror of your distant repository (both packages and xml file), as what one did for all website, then you can simply localy edit your local repository, using the "add folder" feature to create an XML file, and uploading all what you need.

40 minutes ago, sedenion said:

I'am not sure what you mean, but I am pretty sure the anwere is no. To do such thing the software would need to communicate with the server using a protocol that support file listing (at least FTP, or some advanced HTTP)... this would become a second software by itself.

What I recommands to you is to keep a local mirror of your distant repository (both packages and xml file), as what one did for all website, then you can simply localy edit your local repository, using the "add folder" feature to create an XML file, and uploading all what you need.

Yeah that was what I want to say, sorry, english is not my native language. Upload the .zip and done! Will try doing locally. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi colleagues, I need your help:

I managed to get the Mod Manager working and also built a Repository File (xml File plus a first mod File as a zip). Both of them I did by using your Tools (Package Editor and Repository Editor).
All is working well until I klick the download button for the mod. Nothing happens and within the log file I see a 404 error which means he cant find the file .... But actually it is all there.

Please help, what am I doing wrong?

image.png

image.png

Here you can see, it gets a 404 Error:

image.png

But as you can see here, the file is there, I can even download it with my Browser (right click and download)

image.png

And here is the xml File:

image.png

Just now, Uno said:

Here you can see, it gets a 404 Error:

But as you can see here, the file is there, I can even download it with my Browser (right click and download)

Hi, you forgot to take into account the Download path. As you can see in URL of the error output, it seeks the package into an "files" folder, which is also defined in your repository definition as follow: <downpath>files/</downpath>. So, either you modify the download path value in your Repository definition, or you create files subfolder in your web server and put the package into it.

Edited by sedenion

19 hours ago, chlywly said:

So incredibly confused on how to use this to install mods, find the language so convoluted...

Be indulgent, I had hard time to found proper terms to name such abstract concepts... Terminology is confusing but principle is pretty simple. 

• Create a Software Context nammed "DCS World" where you want
  • Within this Software Contexte, create a Target Location named "Main" with destination folder that point to DCS World's installation folder.
  •  Put the mods to install into the "Library" folder of the previously created Target Location subfolder
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, vladimusmaximus said:

Thanks for all your work!

Is there anyway to connect OVGME repo's to this?

Nop, new software, new standards... OpenModMan is more advanced.

4 minutes ago, vladimusmaximus said:

My squad uses OVGME respo, but it's not working with this manager.

How does one create there own xml file?

I suggest you to talk to you squadron about migrating from OvGME to OpenModMan. It embed a repository file editor (Tools > Repository Editor).

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I have this problem when trying to create a new repo. Basically I can correctly generate the XML file from the program, but once I try to test it's connection (and after having updated it on the same location) it gives me this parsing problem. What am I doing wrong?

Cattura.PNG

1.PNG

9 minutes ago, ienatom said:

Hey guys,

I have this problem when trying to create a new repo. Basically I can correctly generate the XML file from the program, but once I try to test it's connection (and after having updated it on the same location) it gives me this parsing problem. What am I doing wrong?

It seem you did nothing wrong, I just tested it and it works... except the Download Path, which should be empty (or just /) in your case, since the base URL for repository definition (xml) is already where files are located.

Edited by sedenion

10 minutes ago, sedenion said:

It seem you did nothing wrong, I just tested it and it works... except the Download Path, which should be empty (or just /) in your case, since the base URL for repository definition (xml) is already where files are located.

Thanks for the quick answer!

So just replacing it with <downpath></downpath>?

18 minutes ago, ienatom said:

Nope, same issue

Ok, I found your problem. If you send HTTP request to https://snakeice.it/ovgme/527/ your web server reply with a redirect, this is the 168 bytes downloaded here, which is obviously not the XML file. You should set up the final URL with www to prevent redirect and everthing work fine : https://www.snakeice.it/ovgme/527/

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, sedenion said:

Ok, I found your problem. If you send HTTP request to https://snakeice.it/ovgme/527/ your web server reply with a redirect, this is the 168 bytes downloaded here, which is obviously not the XML file. You should set up the final URL with www to prevent redirect and everthing work fine : https://www.snakeice.it/ovgme/527/

Got it, it works now 😉 Thanks for the help!

• Like 2