DCS World Apache

Devil 505

I disagree: this IS news.

Why? Because in the past his statements were always sort of along the lines "We'd love to do an Apache, so well maybe in gthe distant future, if all the stars align, and we aren't working on anything else, we will seriously evaluate whether we can maybe do an Apache"

But now his comment suggests that once the Hind is done, resources will soon start on the Apache! This goes from very uncertain murky distant future, to "yes we are going to start making it soon"... to me that's a big deal! To me that's news.

Now... that's a heck of a HOTAS system for the Apache...

(could it possibly be for sale in 2 years time???)

Edited by Rick50

This is very good news indeed. A good attack helicopter has been missing from DCS.

Now we just need a C-17 to deploy them to near the front lines for a more realistic scenario. :smilewink:

Edited by Evoman

Wags has said before the Apache is just a matter of when not if.

AH-64 or AH-64D Longbow? ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It's just my two cents but I think putting out a high quality Apache, Cobra, and Black hawk would be a financial windfall for DCS. I don't one person that wouldn't buy all of them. The low level detail in all the maps make the SIM ideal for helicopters. If I were leading the company I would move them to the top of the pile for development either internally or through a third party developer.

- unfortunately nobody spoke of the AH-64D BLOCK III

You mean AH-64E Apache Guardian? I think even a D-model is a pipe dream, but that's just me. E-model is even less likely. I'm not sure that ED is willing to put in the guesswork required to make a D-model. The A-model documentation is pretty much all public now, so that seems like a more logical choice for a more complete module. Just my opinion, of course. I was invited to the tester team in June 2007 specifically to test the AH-64A module. Of course, it ended up not happening back then.

The AI model is really nice work. Hopefully that can speed up the process.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

It's just my two cents but I think putting out a high quality Apache, Cobra, and Black hawk would be a financial windfall for DCS. I don't one person that wouldn't buy all of them. The low level detail in all the maps make the SIM ideal for helicopters. If I were leading the company I would move them to the top of the pile for development either internally or through a third party developer.

Hear Hear!

Can't see how this wouldn't be the case. I'll be building the 270 degree screen the day that's announced.

Edited by ProfessorFATE

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting on our Cobra. I cannot wait to hear the sound of those heavy blades. I have been fired up about this one since it was announced years ago by Belsimtek. Hopefully with the introduction of better ground animations and CA assets, we can see many more helicopters coming into play in the future. Chinooks, Jolly Greens, Sea Stallions, Blackhawks/Seahawks ect...

It would not surprise me with Polychop wanting to focus on being the best Helo dev, to see more coming from them. Especially if the Kiowa hits a home run which it is starting to look that way. They already have ties with Bell so it seems logical they would pursue a company they are familiar dealing with. Bell is also responsible for a lot of military Helos....aka the Cobra.

Edited by robert.clark251

You mean AH-64E Apache Guardian? I think even a D-model is a pipe dream, but that's just me. E-model is even less likely. I'm not sure that ED is willing to put in the guesswork required to make a D-model. The A-model documentation is pretty much all public now, so that seems like a more logical choice for a more complete module. Just my opinion, of course. I was invited to the tester team in June 2007 specifically to test the AH-64A module. Of course, it ended up not happening back then.

meh i dont think a D model is a pipe dream especially not if representing and older era longbow Ah64D block 1 circa 1998-2002, or even an early block 2 circa 2003-2005. When it comes to fixed wing jets Neither do we have the absolute latest model F16C block 50 or the Latest F/A18C. TBH a mid 2000's Longbow will still have an inferior protective suite to the very late model OH58D we are getting from polychop ( no IR missile warning system , and older M130 countermeasures dispensing system with only 30 chaff or flare)

The D model has seen upgrades since those years then and even then the AH64D is no longer the pinnacle of the Apache family since the Ah64E guardian is already in production and in operational service. Not that i would expect it even an early model Ah64E pre rebrand circa 2012 ( Ah64D block 3 as it was known at the time) isnt a generational leap over the longbow. Ah64E on its own has seen a continual series of upgrades. I had a look at the 2012 guardian manual. At that point in time the main difference was more powerfull 701D turbine engines ( engine commonality with UH60M) newer CM suite and AAR57 IR missile warning system, coupled with better processing/s software related stuff, and an ability to utilize and control UAV feed.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

This sim needs a modern western helicopter too much. apache is at the top of the list

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Another confirmation by ED that an Apache module will definitely come to DCS:

It might be an A model though, although that is not clear yet.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I hate all the obsession with super modern helicopters.

Maybe because its not unreasonable aught to at desire at least one modern blueforce attack helicopter. There are enough helicopters out right now including ones wip or down the pipeline to cater to those who like old school helos

Plus who knows how much guesswork they would have to do with the longbow radar.

not much.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

id be happier with an A model rather than a D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

id be happier with an A model rather than a D

and id be happier with an AH1W over an A model Apache

More diverse loadout ( Tow's , aim9's and agm122 sidearm) . Longer service time, and more survivable at least if going for 2003 and later version due to integration AN/AAR47 MWS.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

i think we're getting ahead of ourselves. We should just be happy to have an AH-1G - yes Vietnam era. If ED can pull off an A model Apache, happy days but lets be a little realistic. Like people asking for the F117, F22 or F35 especially given they're all currently flying. I'm sure the Russian and Chinese AFs would love to get their hands on any of them (yes even simulated and not covering everything).

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super