DCS World Apache

Devil 505

i think we're getting ahead of ourselves. We should just be happy to have an AH-1G - yes Vietnam era. If ED can pull off an A model Apache, happy days but lets be a little realistic. Like people asking for the F117, F22 or F35 especially given they're all currently flying. I'm sure the Russian and Chinese AFs would love to get their hands on any of them (yes even simulated and not covering everything).

I dont think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Asking for an Apache, even its the more capable Longbow variant is not the same as asking for latest stealth fixed wing aircraft like the F22 or F35.

sure those are still flying, but so are the F/A18C Hornets and the F16C blk 50 Vipers. WE need a helicopter that is preferably useful in modern scenarios ( especially in contested environments and not just low intensity warfare) , and that can plausibly fit for the maps in question we currently have in DCS or that upcoming in the near future and not for a conflict in a 1 specific given time period many decades ago for which we do not have the map or other supporting assets or sister modules for. ID rather have a helicopter that fits in a given environment than getting a orphan aircraft, and its clear from recent interviews that ED is not doing a Vietnam era anytime soon.

From helicopters look at poly chop. They are doing an Oh58D . Itl be sad if polychops mere scout helo would remain to be the most advanced western helicopter, and ends up being misused as a dedicated attack helo purely due to the lack of an actual dedicated attack helicopter from a comparable time frame in team blue. OH58D would be a great complimentary partner to an Apache as from a doctrinal POV its primary job would have been to scout and work in conjunction with Apaches.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

If I understand the last interview in between the lines AH-64 is being developed on an early stage by ED and it is A variant.

You're reading quiet a bit into that interview then. Simon just said, that they definitely plan to do an Apache and that it might be an A-model.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

In that specific GR interview he didn't really deny ED ever doing Ah64D. He just said it would be more complicated and difficult module to develop relative to the AH64A model.

As an analogy by the same line of reasoning thing would be true that an F16A would have been simpler to develop than an F16C blk 50.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

As an analogy by the same line of reasoning thing would be true that an F16A would have been simpler to develop than an F16C blk 50.

after all, the difference between apaches and vipers is much greater

radar itself is extremely complex with DL, ihadss integration its 50-60 percent of complexity of module

after all, the difference between apaches and vipers is much greater

radar itself is extremely complex with DL, ihadss integration its 50-60 percent of complexity of module

ED already has experience doing multimode radars, DL, HMD. All stuff in basic foundations that exist in the gen 4 fighters, and especially with the new HMD+ tgp sensor technology being integrated with scorpion HMCS the A10C 2.0 further expanding on existing capabilities within the game engine.

Yes different in how they work and are integrated, not the same but you get the point. If they really want to push some boundaries and make something that can genuinely be called the next flagship rotary based module, rather than just another helicopter then the Ah64D is the way to go. In the same way how the A10C was flagship for its day, and the same way how the F/A18C is ED current fixed wing flagship due to the new technologies and changes they needed to introduce to the game engine. To this day the KA50 ( minus 2 person crew coordination that mi24 needs ) is still the most advanced helo that ED has done.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

you get the point.

yes, i agree

If ED introduce Apache, it must be Longbow.

I seem to have come to terms with the fact that they are doing 64A, I think it's even more profitable for them

And yes, i'm ready to wait another 2-3 years for development.

yes, i agree

If ED introduce Apache, it must be Longbow.

I seem to have come to terms with the fact that they are doing 64A, I think it's even more profitable for them

And yes, i'm ready to wait another 2-3 years for development.

They haven't announced anything officially, so there is nothing to comes to terms with yet.

I mean when ED first said they were doing the cobra, it seemed clear it was going to be the Ah1W super cobra, then it was vietnam era Ah1G, then it became Ah1S, then they changed the plans yet again with wags confirming it was in fact going to be the Ah1F variation, and since that time its become apparent the Ah1F is not going to be done immediate foreseeable future , rather put on hold long term hold like F4E project was due to all the other projects they have to get done, and with other " ground breaking mind melting next upcoming module" that they are supposed to eventually announce. That was supposed to be announced in summertime i think it was, but in turn are waiting until Q4 2020 before making said official announcement of the next upcoming mystery project, even if the Apache is a likely possibility.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Full fidelity Apache, Cobra or Blackhawk would be a dream come true (and yep... a wet one...)

YES! More combat hilos. DCS has more than enough scout choppers but, as of how, only one combat hilo, that is the Black shark. Great request. Those three would be the SHIT!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4448012&postcount=1286

"HUh" what are those longbows doing there? ;)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

An advantage of "A" variant in DCS would be cooperation with Kiowa helicopters as target designators.

Why would that change for a D ? Longbow still has the optics, the laser, can carry laser Hellfires just fine, missiles that can work with other assets designating for you. You'd just need to carry the right Hellfire variant, the laser versions not the RF versions.

Or maybe you might be able to carry both on a flight and select between them, but I'm not informed enough to know if that's a real capability.

Hellfire "L" is for Longbow radar guidance, but most variants are laser guided.

Why would that change for a D ? Longbow still has the optics, the laser, can carry laser Hellfires just fine, missiles that can work with other assets designating for you. You'd just need to carry the right Hellfire variant, the laser versions not the RF versions.

Or maybe you might be able to carry both on a flight and select between them, but I'm not informed enough to know if that's a real capability.

Hellfire "L" is for Longbow radar guidance, but most variants are laser guided.

Exactly. Nothing stopping Longbows from working in conjunction with Kiowas. Especially in this case serving alongside a Longbow makes more sense since Polychop has verified that this n fact a very late life Kiowa circa 2017, which coincidentally also happened to be last year of the OH58D's use in active duty service.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4448717&postcount=213

As for Hellfires thers 2 generations of laser based hellfires

https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/wsh2012/132.pdf

The AGm114K hellfire 2's are more resistant against smoke and other obscurants, has electro optical counter measures, re programmable autopilot. IT has a dual tandem warhead making it capable of dealing with thicker armor in particular with late cold war- post cold war Russian tanks that have Explosive Reactive armor addons, that would largely negate the generation 1's.

Also Don't know if they do a modern enough longbow but APKWS would really be nice to have.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

please no A model

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Why?

Despite the fact that the 64A was the best attack helicopter

but at the same time it was not something outstanding

it acquired its distinctive features precisely in the longbow modification.

Edited by N8AHbl4

Well guys

i am excited

looks like longbow is confirmed

lets sell his skin before we catch him

what configuration do you think?

Stingers? AMASE/with DIRCM? IR+RF counter set?

AMASE/DIRCM is a modification adopted and only used on Royal Neatherlands Air force Longbows.

it is not in use with the US Army based Longbows. when the AH64D block 3 ( that has since 2013 been re-branded as the AH64E Guardian) starting coming about the US army went with a new protective suite that included AN/AAR57 Missile warning system, with sensors mounted into the airframe rather than needing wingtip pods to be installed to do the same thing without the aerodynamic penalty. That being said there exists what is the Ah64D "extended"block 2 " which were series of improved avionics retrofits and interim modernizations until Block 3 came about. IRRC the Extend block 2's arent upgraded production block 2's but 96 AH64A's converted into these more capable block 2's. I don't have anything concrete in terms of documentations besides some photos or general information , but those "extended" block 2's do have an IR MWS, although with a physical control panel to the suite compared to the block 3/E models.

So that being said unless ED is specifically modelling a Dutch Apache, no we wouldn't get AMASE/DIRCM system.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Damn this would be awesome. Not just for having a NATO attack heli (finally!) but also, finally we can welcome Brits into combat!! I don't think we have anything that the RAF/RN used/uses as a front line fighter or chopper as yet until now (and with the incoming Typhoon). I'm ignoring training a/c (and the harrier...which is the USMC variant). Am I missing something?

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Despite the fact that the 64A was the best attack helicopter

but at the same time it was not something outstanding

it acquired its distinctive features precisely in the longbow modification.

Thats not true. Back when the D was introduced, only a fraction of the fleet had the longbow radar. Its a nice capability for sure, but doesnt means the A wasnt outstanding. Id rather have the A than having nothing at all.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Thats not true. Back when the D was introduced, only a fraction of the fleet had the longbow radar. Its a nice capability for sure, but doesnt means the A wasnt outstanding. Id rather have the A than having nothing at all.

now the discussion is not on "64A or nothing"

We talk "64A or 64D"

and what's the difference how many radars were supplied?

I mean that the radar radically changed the Apache tactics

with it it became really unique

Well guys

i am excited

looks like longbow is confirmed

lets sell his skin before we catch him

what configuration do you think?

Stingers? AMASE/with DIRCM? IR+RF counter set?

Funny. So, from a statement "when, not if" we are now discussing it as if it was confirmed.

OK, then, let's add to silly questions - how is it going to work in single player?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Funny. So, from a statement "when, not if" we are now discussing it as if it was confirmed.

OK, then, let's add to silly questions - how is it going to work in single player?

at least both pilots have the same ability to fly and use systems

well, and besides, I think they will come up with some kind of bot that can pilot while you use weapons

now the discussion is not on "64A or nothing"

We talk "64A or 64D"

and what's the difference how many radars were supplied?

I mean that the radar radically changed the Apache tactics

with it it became really unique

If anything, it wasnt the radar that changed its tactics, but the GPS. Otherwise, please enlighten us on how it radically changed its tactics.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png