More static objects: barriers, bunkers and industry

Thorimus

With the apparent death of Ranger79’s statics mod, I’ve found myself wanting when it comes to statics in the mission editor.

Some placeable static HESCO-style barriers, gates and SAM entrenchments for creating custom FARP/FOBs and SAMs would be a huge boon for missions involving field bases, especially with the Hind on the horizon. Right now the best we can do to set up a barrier around a base is to use shipping containers, with LOMAC quality to boot.

These don’t have to be super-ultra-8K quality; in fact it would be better if they weren’t so that more could be placed down.

Additionally, higher-quality factory and other industrial buildings would be awesome. The current two options we have look like they’re straight out of the 90s, and provide very little variety. Making the existing non-placeable industry bits that we see on the maps would be a big step on its own.

Edited by Thorimus
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wished for in multiple threads already, but apparently still not often enough

+1

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 5 months later...

+1

I couldn't find a basic fence to build an army base

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Absolutely 100% +9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Barriers and fences, heliports, AM2 matting (or equivalent), range targets, different tents, proper bunkers and pillboxes, antennae, lights etc. I could go on for absolutely ages.

Making the WWII assets (especially things like the Czech hedgehogs and razor/barbed wire barrier) available to owners for more countries would be an improvement.

Even the current static objects are very old and are probably due an upgrade.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

In generell we need more static objects to build FARP's, enemy positions, NTTR Trainings Ranges etc. they dont need to have a high polycount. 
I would love to see more buildings, containers in different shapes like the NTTR Range Target Mod, helipads (in different styles like sand, winter, gras etc), bunkers, barriers. 
Everything you need to build a FARPs, Enemy compounds, SAM sites, etc or to replicate the NTTR Trainingsranges.

+1

• Like 1

At this point I think modders and third party devs are going to be the answer for this. I would pay extra for maps if they included area specific static objects and AI vehicles/planes/ships. The Strait of Hormuz map was a bit of a let down once I realized there were almost no Iranian assets especially ships, at least we have the SA-2 now and hopefully the SA-5 either this year or next.

+1, came here for this, can't believe HESCO's aren't a thing in the ME, I'm stuck between using F-shape barriers and shipping containers for building walls around my FARP...

• Like 1

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16