Key binding list.

Thick8

Do you have a key binding list available? Need to know if I should use ON-ON switches for the in game ON-OFF switches like the Huey.

Thanks

John

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Hi Thick8,

Thanks for your question, a good one too! But it is too early for a keybinds list as systems are still being implemented and changed. You raise an interesting point on switch types though. I'm no cockpit builder myself, I have a Bodnar board laying around but lack the time to actually do something with it. With that I also lack the knowledge the pitbuilders here have gathered.

We'd like to cater to the needs of pit builders, regular HOTAS owners and everyone in between so I'd like to encourage everyone to share their knowledge and needs when it comes to keybinds here and I'll pass it on to the Kiowa Warrior team.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's three things that really help a cockpit builder out.

1. Export your displays. I can add display exports to the lua config files fairly easily but these are deleted when DCS updates. Having those already in place would help a lot. Additionally give your exports unique names. Currently most aircraft already export to the two MFD areas which is fine if the screen ratio of the thing you're exporting is square. Having it's own namespace allows you to give it a different set of size options in your display.lua which can account for ratios like 4:3 for the Vivien, Shkval and Kiowa MFD.

2. On-On and On-Off switches. Toggle switches come in two basic types. On-On which is where the switch is wired for two different on positions and On-Off where it's considered on in only one position. To cater for both you need keybinds for toggle up and down and On Else Off. On-Else-Off is used in the Harrier module, the switch in game is considered on whilst a switchstate is active otherwise it will be considered off.

3. For dials/knobs allow for the use of both Rotary Encoders and Potentiometers. I came across this recently building an ICP similar to the A-10's and the Kiowas where an audio channel is turned on and off using a push-pull knob. The only available hardware that gives that functionality is a potentiometer with a push-pull shaft. Unfortunatly potentiometers are not supported by the likes of the A-10C for it's radio volume controls, only potentiometers. This means I've had to add some kludgy Axis binds manually.