OPF - Editing Missions for SP and Coop - WILL POST UPDATES HERE WHEN COMPLETE

Hello all,

I will be updating Operating Piercing Fury this week for Single Player (Campaign) and Coop Versions. I hope to have them tested and complete by this weekend (fingers crossed). Sometimes missions in multiplayer act differently than in single player. I will be posting the files in the User Files Section once complete, I will update this post when they are ready. I will be updating using the stable release DCS version at this time. If anyone is interested in how I edit and test missions, please feel free to drop by my Youtube Channel (link in signature) tomorrow night (around 7-730 CST), could be a good training opportunity for those interested.

Edited by Ranger79

That's great to hear man! I'm really looking forward to a coop version!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I currently have (but can't use) the OPF campaign as a paid for DLC - will there be anyway to update my existing install to the newer (2.5.6.xxx compatible) version - or will I need to unistall it as a module and then just add in the D/L campaign from the user file section from scratch?

Many thanks for your effort in updating!

(Though ED completely breaking a campaign THEY THEMSELVES were selling merely months ago..reflects poorly on their business model and update processes)

Airbag_signatur.png

In testing over the last few days the current open beta is more stable (less bugs) than the current 2.5.6 stable version. The vehicle waypoint, holds, and ai taxiing into each other issues occur on stable version.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You will have to manually add the files from the user section into your campaign folder. Currently, mission 02 is broke, fixing and testing at this time.

looking forward to it!! thank you for doing this!!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

You will have to manually add the files from the user section into your campaign folder. Currently, mission 02 is broke, fixing and testing at this time.

Thank you!

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on the coop version? :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've been checking this forum thread every couple of days since July, but there doesn't appear to be any update. Are the fixes still being worked on? Would love to try out Piercing Fury someday.

I wonder as well. I still hope to be able to enjoy this campaign in coop :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

In the meantime that we're waiting for the official fixes, I took the liberty to fix some of the missions myself, specifically mission 3, 9 and 14.

If anyone wants to give it a go here's the 3d and the link to download the fixes:

Op Piercing Fury campaign FIX 2.5.6

Once again thank you Ranger79 for making these missions available to all of us!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

• 6 months later...

Saluté

Any news or fixes for this, or is the campaign still broken?

forum.png

• 7 months later...
13 minutes ago, DN308 said:

Sorry for the question 2 years after the launch but Is this campaign useable with the A-10C II?

If yes, in which directory and folder should I put it in? Saved games or core mods ?

Thanks in advance

here is an updated version, not sure if it was updated by Ranger79 or someone else:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312814/

and here is a multiplayer version:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316857/

They should be placed at /saved games/dcs/missions/campaigns/EN/ … each on its own sub-folder.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB