New option available: "Unit Type In Zone"

Alpenwolf

In today's OB's update the following option has been added:

ME. Triggers. Added condition: Unit Type in Zone - Aircraft/Helicopter/Ground/Naval.

I don't see that option added! All I see is "Unit Inside Zone" which is something we already had. And there's a huge difference. Man, if you guys only knew how long I've been waiting for this option. Had 2 wish threads over the last years just for it to be added! Please, tell me I'm overlooking it. I'm sure I looked up all options 3-4 times just to make sure, but maybe I'm just too excited to find it :)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

ME. Triggers. Added condition: Unit Type in Zone - Aircraft/Helicopter/Ground/Naval.

I don't see that option added! All I see is "Unit Inside Zone" which is something we already had. And there's a huge difference. Man, if you guys only knew how long I've been waiting for this option. Had 2 wish threads over the last years just for it to be added! Please, tell me I'm overlooking it. I'm sure I looked up all options 3-4 times just to make sure, but maybe I'm just too excited to find it :)

Have you checked the "PART OF COALITION IN ZONE"?

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

I don't see it either

Have you checked the "PART OF COALITION IN ZONE"?

There it is .. thank you :thumbup:

J0Me388.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

There it is .. thank you :thumbup:

J0Me388.jpg

Good man!!!

There was no hint for it being part of another condition. Should've looked deeper :smilewink:

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I would also welcome the possibility to select the unit type and controller:

• Unit type: Aircraft > F-16C
  • Controller type > AI, Player, Client

That would be absolutely perfect!

+1000

That is my actual wish by the way, but I just rather wanted to show my appreciation than asking for it right away.

You did and I'm totally jumping on it :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I would also welcome the possibility to select the unit type and controller:

• Unit type: Aircraft > F-16C
  • Controller type > AI, Player, Client

That would be absolutely perfect!

oh yes Sir, that would be awesome and solve so many damn "workarounds" that cost us people trillions of hours.

btw: MIST delivers a good function for this, works like a charm:

mist.flagFunc.units_in_zones{
units = {'[red][plane]', '[red][helicopter]'}, 
zones = {'Engagement Zone'}, 
flag = 16, 
stopflag = 10000,
zonetype = 'sphere',
req_num = 1,
interval = 5,
toggle = true
} 

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I just wanted to say, thank you ED for this new feature! Truly.

I've been reworking some missions for the Cold War 1947 - 1991 server to include this feature ever since it was released as it really helps me a lot, and saves a lot of time trying to achieve the same effect through a list of multiple triggers.

This one feature is such a refreshment and I just wanted to share my honest experience with it :thumbup:

God bless, ED!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments