State of EA?

Hi, i still dont buy the P47, I been waiting for it since backing the kickstarter campaign.

I dont really wanna buy early acces modules anymore, or at least give them a few months to add stuff, but this is my favorite WW2 airplane.

So to the owners out there just a few questions..

How early access is the early access?

Is Turbo/engine managment aviable?

Is the new damage model finally here?

Thanks!

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

That is the engine upgrade that is coming. So not yet there.

If not ready to be part of development, better just wait the stable release.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hi, i still dont buy the P47, I been waiting for it since backing the kickstarter campaign.

I dont really wanna buy early acces modules anymore, or at least give them a few months to add stuff, but this is my favorite WW2 airplane.

So to the owners out there just a few questions..

How early access is the early access?

Is Turbo/engine managment aviable?

Thanks!

Engine management/Turbo and heat is there, but haven't seen overheating damage yet. Lack of power through incorrect warming up is there (and annoying for scrambles :) Damage is ... OK ... That's being iterated all the time. Bit come off the aircraft, it responds in beleivable ways most of the time, but it's not perfect (yet). It's pretty hard to not recommend it in current state, it flies and behaves fantastic and isn't comparable to an EA Hornet or Viper, but wait if you want to, especially the version with the rockets might be an attractive point to jump in.

We are all subjective, my opinion is I've never had as much fun on an EA warbird as this plane. Others may differ.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I don't get it .. you were willing to support a kickstarter and wait years for the aircraft, but now don't want to fly it while it is finished?

.. I chose to fly it now as EA, save 30% (US$ 14 = 10 in cash plus 4 in miles), help fund the development, and learn it's basics while ED finishes it. :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The P-47 is my favorite warbird and I’m completely satisfied with its current state.

I enjoy taking off and flying from point A to point B. It’s surprising how much you have to constantly adjust the throttle and boost lever while also trimming the plane.

The bombs that are available also lets you bomb ground targets.

It’s a jugload of fun currently, and it’s only going to get better as rockets and other bombs become available!

Having a blast, this vid is from 3 weeks ago, the difference in landing now is night and day, plus some form of cylinder head temp modeling has been added, though I don't think you can damage the engine with overheating.

IF this isn't enough to get you to download after waiting 6 years, I don't know what is:

Edited by SmirkingGerbil

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Yes, this airplane is perfectly flyable the way it is. I'd like to hang drop tanks on it, but they're coming. I'm more anxiously awaiting the template for the skinners. Want to see some nice skins...especially the 56TH Fighter Group. I see no reason to wait to buy this if you're a Jug fan.

Having a blast, this vid is from 3 weeks ago, the difference in landing now is night and day, plus some form of cylinder head temp modeling has been added, though I don't think you can damage the engine with overheating.

IF this isn't enough to get you to download after waiting 6 years, I don't know what is:

Landings were pretty terrible, I agree. Now with the update, it is "landable".

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

Landings were pretty terrible, I agree. Now with the update, it is "landable".

Agreed, same approach, based on tutorials and advice for tail draggers, as dozens of times before.

Came in for a couple of landings, made sure to smack my tailwheel down first because I have trouble with a three point, and she dropped the front wheels down with just a smidge of a bounce, and settled in nice and steady at a 80 to 90 mph drop to tarmac.

That same sequence before would induce a hop a good 15 feet (?) in the air, causing me to break something when I came back down every single time.

Maybe I am just a bad pilot, hopefully the FM wasn't dumbed down for dummies like me, but I sure did crack a big smile when I didn't smear down the runway leaving a trail of parts!

JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Agreed, same approach, based on tutorials and advice for tail draggers, as dozens of times before.

Came in for a couple of landings, made sure to smack my tailwheel down first because I have trouble with a three point, and she dropped the front wheels down with just a smidge of a bounce, and settled in nice and steady at a 80 to 90 mph drop to tarmac.

That same sequence before would induce a hop a good 15 feet (?) in the air, causing me to break something when I came back down every single time.

Maybe I am just a bad pilot, hopefully the FM wasn't dumbed down for dummies like me, but I sure did crack a big smile when I didn't smear down the runway leaving a trail of parts!

Tailwheel first is a serious error that I would have to beat out of you.

I didn't find the P-47 hard to land before or since. Real world technique works.

It is very simple. If you bounce, you were too fast at touchdown. If you drive the gear through the wing you were too high when you stalled it.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Tailwheel first is a serious error that I would have to beat out of you.

I didn't find the P-47 hard to land before or since. Real world technique works.

It is very simple. If you bounce, you were too fast at touchdown. If you drive the gear through the wing you were too high when you stalled it.

Yikes! Don't use the paddle with holes drilled in it, those hurt!

Yes, tail wheel smack was recommended by someone somewhere, so after last update, I tried that first and it works. I am duly embarrassed and going forward I will focus on a 3 pointer!

Not sure why I was having so much trouble before, but now, I can put her down using the speeds, flap settings, engine controls as recommended. My vid is three weeks old and has all kinds of bad habits in it, so you will have to overlook that.

I purchased the P-47. It was the first purchase in a long while because of the lack of progress on many other DCS modules. But I saw that these guys were making an effort and sprung for it. I'm not really sorry that I did although I have to admit I have lost my zeal for DCS at the moment. I haven't spent too much time with the P-47. I have learned the basics and can start, take off, land and shut down ok but quite honestly I'm kind of bored with it all right now. I imagine that everyone goes through this as one time or another.

All said and done the P-47 is just fine in my book and should be a great addition to anyone's war bird collection.

I say this in hopes that DCS will finally get around to addressing other important issues with existing modules ASAP.

I havent really noticed any differences in landing behaviour so i guess im equally bad before and after the updates lmao, still getting used to the nose attitude being vastly different to that of the mustangs, feels odd to be so slow with such high nose attitude in such a big aircraft.

am really looking forward to drop tanks, rockets and additional skins. most hyped for the ww2 damage models to be updated though as it will make the ww2 fights feel more real