DCS: Syria Pre-Order

NineLine

• ED Team
Steam doesn't give miles. EDs program adds up to a nice discount

I am not saying I prefer people to use Steam, I am only saying some use it for those reasons, for sure, if you asked me, I would tell you to go standalone every time.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we buy the ED shop version then activate it on Steam? EDIT: Sry, just looked at the store page, grr.

Why anyone in the world would prefer steam over standalone when come to DCS

If this because personal preference then don't complaint about pricing

Go with standalone

Support ED

Ed lose more money just to make it available on another platform

To satisfy my own curiosity, if it’s best to use standalone (which I do), then why did ED decide to offer DCS World on Steam?

I can see if it was maybe an attempt to increase their base of players, but now it seems like it only is going to create a divide with how Valve is infrequent to sales and promos from ED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Steam is just another platform thanks made available

At times its cheaper and more affordable in steam however comparing to standalone there could be some limitation on steam

Just imagine if you're selling a product you may not only sell on Amazon but might sell on etsy and eBay as well

Well known products always available cross platform

It's always best to do some research before commit to buy something

Just my 2 cents

Get DCS standalone

but now it seems like it only is going to create a divide with how Valve is infrequent to sales and promos from ED.

That divide will be abolished when steam users realize they can just port everything to standalone and therefor get access to the best terms. You only need to make that realization once.

I use standalone, i first encountered DCS on steam but luckily for me i did some research before buying my first module and downloaded the standalone client.

Other simulators are the same, or at least one which i won't mention because...rules.

It's only a problem if you are inclined to get your pantyhose in a twist over very little.

And even then...getting access to ED miles will surely untwist their pantyhose...:)

Is paying less good enough reason?

If you buy in other currency than dollars, pounds or euros, you might pay less if you buy on Steam.

sales start earlier& run longer on standalone, generally

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

To satisfy my own curiosity, if it’s best to use standalone (which I do), then why did ED decide to offer DCS World on Steam?

valves near monopoly on video game distribution means theres a large amount of players on that platform that can be exposed to dcs who otherwise wouldnt be

i suppose then it becomes a question of whether a lot of modules sold for a reduced profit is better than a reduced number of modules sold for full profit

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Without steam, gameing on the desktop computer wouldn't be there where it is today. If it would even exist anymore. Don't blame steam if you clearly not useing it, because then you don't know all those advantages.

If ED has a problem with steam, they should easily not offer DCS on steam. But on the other hand, steam is probably the best ressource for gaining new customers - and the DCS userbase on steam is growing constantly.

I can understand that probably not everything they do in their shop is possible at steam also (valve has their restrictions, and they know why), but then there should be also an adequate solution for those users. So they don't feel like treated as second class.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• ED Team
Without steam, gameing on the desktop computer wouldn't be there where it is today. If it would even exist anymore. Don't blame steam if you clearly not useing it, because then you don't know all those advantages.

If ED has a problem with steam, they should easily not offer DCS on steam. But on the other hand, steam is probably the best ressource for gaining new customers - and the DCS userbase on steam is growing constantly.

I can understand that probably not everything they do in their shop is possible at steam also (valve has their restrictions, and they know why), but then there should be also an adequate solution for those users. So they don't feel like treated as second class.

Let's keep the topic on the Syria map please, we have tried very hard to keep Steam as equal as we can, but it's just not always possible. This should not be considered as 2nd class, as you say, you understand that we can do more for our own e-shop, so then you can understand why there are limitations with Steam. Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

sales start earlier& run longer on standalone, generally

It still doesn't change the fact that on Steam modules are sometimes cheaper as I outlined earlier.

Also, can't you try a DLC on Steam and refund it if you don't like it (if not played for more than 2h/2 weeks since purchuse)?

I don't even use Steam for DCS, but there are good sides of it for sure.

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

Why anyone in the world would prefer steam over standalone when come to DCS

If this because personal preference then don't complaint about pricing

Go with standalone

Support ED

Ed lose more money just to make it available on another platform

Losing money is far different from gaining less money, per sale. I think ED marketing guys know their numbers and are more than happy partnering with Steam, but you seem to know better.

Where do you buy Heatblur products, by the way?

Back on topic, patiently waiting here for a Steam release.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Does anyone know how long the pre-order and the discount will be?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Does anyone know how long the pre-order and the discount will be?

If you hold off on preorder, Murphy says itll end about a day before you open your wallet

If you preorder now, discount will probably go on another 6 months, then itll go on sale

System:

Mine too. ;)

Mine too - woohoo :-)

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Thermaltake 360 AIO Water Cooler

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz RGB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080 Super [ NVIDIA]

512GB Adata M2 NVME (boot drive)

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Corsair RM850x Power Supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Case

Samsung 43" 4K Smart TV (used as monitor)

TRACK IR 5 + Wireless DelanClip Head Tracker

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

If you hold off on preorder, Murphy says itll end about a day before you open your wallet

If you preorder now, discount will probably go on another 6 months, then itll go on sale

That´s a fact :lol::lol::lol:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

2-3 weeks is my guess. Next OB update hopefully

Are the maps when they are released only available in Open Beta or is it released to stable as well? I know the modules are open beta, but I've never purchased a map when it was first released.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Are the maps when they are released only available in Open Beta or is it released to stable as well? I know the modules are open beta, but I've never purchased a map when it was first released.

Yeah seems to be the way. Hopefully though it wont be too long before stable release

I bought the Syria Map today and with My Points, it would have been $3.99

I chose to pay full price and save the points on a 80 dollar plane/Jet.

After seeing Matts video, I knew that flying the F16 near the sea that

I can duck into the valleys and live for another day...

Clear Skies

Mike

$3.99!!

Admit it, you just felt guilty :D

I know I would

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

I bought the Syria Map today and with My Points, it would have been $3.99

I chose to pay full price and save the points on a 80 dollar plane/Jet.

After seeing Matts video, I knew that flying the F16 near the sea that

I can duck into the valleys and live for another day...

Clear Skies

Mike

im that way too, ive got almost $55 in points, the syria map coulda been free but im holding out for the hind

steam users are really missing out with those points!!

im really hyped about this map, israel is at the top of the short list of places id like to retire to .

this will really give a lot of relevancy to a lot of modules (even some of the warbirds!) but especially for the f16 (i know its wrong variant for IAF, dont care)

also, with the ah-6 mod, embassy storming could be fun :)

System:

• Wags unpinned this topic