Adding a keypad

Will dcs recognize this?

https://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-Single-Handed-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B076LRJ528/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Koolertron&qid=1595011672&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-4

I want to map the icp to it and a few other buttons. Will dcs recognize this in the settings as an additional keypad?

Think so, as long as its programmable. I've been using an Expertkeys EK20 for a similar use case. Not as many keys as the one you're looking at, but I'm in VR, so have to work by feel...

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I just added one from this manufacturer with a 12 keys.

I use it right next to my throttle for my f1-f12 keys.

Works like a charm. A whole lot more you can do with it as well.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I have the same keyboard and it works great with DCS. You can program any keyboard key to generate any key code, series of 3 key codes or a macro. The software is pretty "klunkie" and it doesn't readily recognize the difference between LEFT and RIGHT shifts, controls, alts and windows keys, but you can input the ASC codes using a macro.

Will dcs recognize this?

https://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-Single-Handed-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B076LRJ528/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Koolertron&qid=1595011672&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-4

I want to map the icp to it and a few other buttons. Will dcs recognize this in the settings as an additional keypad?

IMG_8611.thumb.jpg.1cb9840dca094bcc8edfc8e2bf53ee2e.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

I have the same keyboard and it works great with DCS. You can program any keyboard key to generate any key code, series of 3 key codes or a macro. The software is pretty "klunkie" and it doesn't readily recognize the difference between LEFT and RIGHT shifts, controls, alts and windows keys, but you can input the ASC codes using a macro.

Maybe you can help me with the software. It enables you to create a button that when pressed gives each button a second and third layer (so 12 keys is really 36).

The instructions are pretty bad. Any chance you can explain that?

Thanks either way!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Thanks. that is pretty much what I am building. I ordered it earlier so we will see. I may reach out to ya if i cant figure out.

I had the issue with mine that the programmed keypress was too short so I ended up haveing to run autohotkey to slow things down

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Made a nifty little UFC with my 23 key version. Incorporates all my “F keys” as I fly VR an usually fly the F-14. If I switch to the F-18, I go to the second layer and it has all the Buttons for the F-18 UFC programed.

https://forums.eagle.ru/picture.php?albumid=1871&pictureid=12268

https://forums.eagle.ru/picture.php?albumid=1871&pictureid=12267

Edited by Mr. Big.”Biggs”

• 3 weeks later...

How the heck do you get this keypad working? I have it plugged in. I can't download anything for it. I type in the address it says in the instruction sheet and downloads a file i can't open. Not sure what to do.

• 1 year later...

Came across this post trying to get this macro keypad to work with DCS.  It has a standard keypad but at a push of a button, you can turn all keys to macros as well.  It comes with software which lets me program any key combination.  The keys are also removable and allow custom labeling under the clear key cap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079BTFFQN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The issue I am having is: If I program a macro and try to use the programed key in DCS nothing happens, the keypad also does not show up in DCS in either standard or macro mode.  I programed the macro to display kneeboard using the standard keyboard command, I also programed a simple F10 to show map and neither work. DCS is clearly not seeing the USB device in either Macro or standard mode.  Any thoughts of how to get DCS to see this keypad in the controller list or to get the macros to work?  Was thinking of trying a different key remapper tool ( https://atnsoft.com/keyremapper/ ) but I don't know if that's the issue.

Amazon.com ELSRA USB Wired Programming Numeric Keypad ControlPad Black PK-2068(23 Key, 2-Level programmable, 2 USB Hub) for Windows Electronics 2022-03-07 at 1.49.58 PM.jpg

Edited by HemiGuy

3 hours ago, HemiGuy said:

The issue I am having is: If I program a macro and try to use the programed key in DCS nothing happens, the keypad also does not show up in DCS in either standard or macro mode. 

I'm not sure I can help with why the keys won't work, but macro keypads like that usually won't show up as separate devices unless they can run in a HID or game controller mode, where they'd output directx buttons. They'll be part of the standard keyboard device in DCS. Did you try mapping it as part of the keyboard controls in DCS?

Edited by Munkwolf

• 5 weeks later...