Scub-B R-17 missing by a considerable distance

Rex854Warrior

Hello,

The scud hasn't officially been release yet but i though this was important and is worth showing to the devs.

The scud-B currently misses it's target by 0,8NM (no wind, firing from flat and smooth ground on a target situated on flat and smooth ground) to 11NM ! (heavy ish winds firing from flat and smooth ground on a target located on flat and smooth ground). Even under ideal conditions, 0,8NM is a lot according to multiple, though debatable, sources (couldn't find any official data unfortunately).

It seems the autopilot is not quite finished or dialed in, on re-entry the missile is not pointing down but instead up and it makes very erratic corrections.

Tracks and missions attached.

Sincerely,

Rex

ScudB_wind.trk

ScudB_nowind.trk

testscudB_wind.miz

testscudB_nowind.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm... so, why do you think the Scud hasn't been officially released?

Because it is still in the oven! :chef: A little patience, please (I know, it's been a year).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hmm... so, why do you think the Scud hasn't been officially released?

Because it is still in the oven! :chef: A little patience, please (I know, it's been a year).

I am well aware, just putting out some feedback for the developpers so they can release a bug free Scud :).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

I hope the Scuds get fixed soon as the REDS don't have any long range weapons. ALSO, they need to make the SAM systems engage the scuds, as they allow this threat into friendly airspace without any response.

Fingers crossed they get them updated as they are such a cool looking model.

• 1 year later...

So, I've not had the opportunity to try the Scud again in a while but I am sadened to report that the issues I reported in the OP are still very much present today, despite the Scud having been officially released.

-> Wind is not corrected for in flight or at least not properly

-> Altitude differences are not taken into account when firing on point (and in the fire at point option window if you set the altitude reference to MSL it simply does not fire)

Perhaps not a bug but just something I noticed, the attack unit/attack group orders do not work, the scud does not fire. I guess it makes sense.

However, the scud does drive to align with the local slope which allows it to fire the missile nice and straight thanks to the deployable feet it has which is neat.

Edited by Rex854Warrior
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]