Another VR spotting report

[Knight]

I have really no way to explain this rather than type my experience while playing in VR. I have noticed ever since the 2.5.6 patch and lighting changes that it is harder to spot targets, even with labels turned on it is challenging. I keep losing targets low that I'm chasing against the trees that are only about a mile or two in front of me. I even have a hard time spotting guys higher above me. I entered into the mission editor and placed 2 air-frames 4 miles apart for a dogfight, a Bf109 and a P-51, I noticed I really had to strain to see the AI 4 miles ahead in a head on aspect. I am not the only one with this issue I have talked with another guy that said he has the same problem. I have also noticed that the position of the sun effect how well I can see and if the sun is at the noon spot it makes it really hard for me to spot dots. I and this other guy both use the HP Reverb. I'm on the latest Studio Driver for the GTX1080TI and my pixel density is set to 1.0 with the Steamvr scaling at 200%. I'm really starting to pull my hair out about this problem I have tried different settings, drivers, scaling options and I cant get anything to be back to how it was in 2.5.5. The reason I'm posting this in the bug section is because I think it has something to do with the LOD and the lighting.

PC SPECS:

I7 8770k

32gb Ram

GTX1080Ti driver 451.77 studio(because latest release driver had bad performance for me)

DCS World OB

If you need anything else let me know.

Kind Reguards

Edited by [Knight]

I have noticed 2 things. A plane that clearly is grey passes below me then suddenly appears to have cammo paint blending it perfectly with the trees below and I loose it.

Second. Climbing out behind the plane in front of me on takeoff. Clearly a Tomcat in burner until they cut burners so I can catch up. Poof! The just disappeared .

I get the burners are brighter but I’m not talking a pixel, I’m talking visible wings.

Actually initial download of 2.5.6 was a huge improvement in visibility for my vr. Latest made it worse.

No track.

Thanks

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I can only agree. Personally I believe it to be an overpowering Haze effect that simply put looks aweful in VR.

Yes, the haze is terrible.

Does nobody test the game in VR before releasing updates?

Come on ED, please rectify this issue.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I think the haze ( as well as mono-rendering) may be "optimisations" of VR performance . Until Vulkan is fully implemented , i fear any VR framerate improvements will come at the expense of "robbing Peter to pay Paul" .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Here I am fantasizing about having VR but it sounds like we are not quite there yet.

It is an amazing experience at this moment (and when i was running an I5-6500 , 16gb ram and a CV1) . I'm glad i did not wait . But yes , we all look forward to it getting even better .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2