ForceWare 174.20

http://downloads.guru3d.com/ForceWare-174.20-XP-(32-bit)-download-1866.html

WOW, I'm having awesome FPS increase with all my games, including Crysis, I went from 30FPS to 55FPS with these, with the GPU benchmark utility (Crysis). FSX has also gain better FPS. Compared to my previous 169.x drivers.

EDIT: World in conflict went from 26 to 38.:D I highly recommend them….

:thumbup:

Image1.jpg.444b10046c9ba7e4b7bc80c3fe8e77ff.jpg

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I have not tried these yet, still testing the 174.20 first. As for lockon, improvements are hard to say due that average FPS differs from where you look at and the camera angles. But Overall, I’m highly impressed with these drivers. But thanks, I might give them a whirl after :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

What are the impressions in forums about the 174.20 in general?

Did you fully uninstall your previous drivers?

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

from what i see its generally a positive response.

in rfactor they give me roughly a 20% gain, now thats pretty substantial.

more to the point:

do they fix the full shadow bug with lockon and the g80 cards?

no performance gain with 8800 GTX, but its more for the bandwith limited new Nvidia vidcards.

Well I do get around average 10% gain in FPS rates on my rig in most of my games, but true I'm using the GTS version. The GPU benchmark of Crysis is the one that provided conviction... And FSX wow, another gain, now I can boost the settings a bit :D a 10% boost in World in Conflict via there own benchmark utility....

You say more bandwidth limited? Can you elaborate? I don’t understand :huh::smilewink:

Might be a good idea for ED to provide some type of benchmark of there own, allowing conformity and allowing geeks like us to compare. maybe I'm mixing up bandwidth to FPS? lol

to my knowledge, the end results is what counts, if these drivers does give you a hard on, sorta of speak, then, my work is done, lol

Cheers S!

they are giving me a semi :), thats half a hardon.

but no cigar when it comes to the full shadows,

still horrible around the wing edges etc.

I dont believe that is a problem with the driver, but LOMAC code. Its one of the fixes listed for the DX9 conversion.

Why this drivers are not oficialy posted in nvidia page?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

prophet:

ok i thought it was still a driver fix possibility in respect to FC.

the move to dx9 resolves the issue for DCS BS, if so excellent.

edit: looks like the 169.44 beta's solve the below issue

the latest g92 gts cards are plagued with the sentinal clock down of gpu thanks to a power signal issue between psu and gpu.

i think the g80 gts cards suffered this also, and as in this case not all, some people are lucky, even when the hardware is the same

or very similar, plenty of users having similar issues.

solution:

for the g92 gts we had to revert back to 167.26 to get around the sentinal problem,

also had to use a modified inf file,

to include the g92 in its detection list,when installing the driver.

we also disabled the nvidia driver service thru msconfig.

it seems top brand name psu's are having this false error, and cheap psu units often run the system fine, go figure.

i say the good psu's are having, but not necessarily causing ithe problem as it seems to be a combination of certain hardware,

and not specifically one item.

fact is we did get around it by using an older driver and modified inf,

this is why i don't lay blame the high end psu's directly, and prefer to think there will be a videocard driver or firmware solution.

if anyone has a sentinal clock down message,

here's a link to the 167.26 drivers

and you can learn about modded inf etc.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

the difference on an e8400 with g92 gts 512 and 4gig:

latest driver and the sentinal clock down = 1000 3dmark06

then with the old driver 167.26 with mod inf = 9000 3dmark06.

thought i should share, as we spent days trying to figure it out.

hopefully a driver or firmware update will fix this sentinal soon.

Esac:

if memory serves me rightly, the nvidia site is often the last to have the newest drivers.

places like guru3d etc will usually have it for download.

I just tried the new guru3d drivers in my Conroe 6750 + Galaxy 8800GT and the increase in FPS is around 5%-10% BUT in 10-15 minutes of flying i get always a sudden graphics corruption ( some panels get white, others purple, weird lines and geometrical effects )

When i returned to my 169.21 official drivers all worked ok again.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

well the 174.20's are technically still beta's, i only tried it very briefly in lofc.

so thanks for the info, see how others go i guess.

the performance is there, maybe you will have to wait for the official or whql version to appear, the issues you describe used to happen to me ages ago, alt-tab and returning to the game used to help in my case, but not always.

I just tried the new guru3d drivers in my Conroe 6750 + Galaxy 8800GT and the increase in FPS is around 5%-10% BUT in 10-15 minutes of flying i get always a sudden graphics corruption ( some panels get white, others purple, weird lines and geometrical effects )

When i returned to my 169.21 official drivers all worked ok again.

After giving these drivers the initial thumbs up, i have for now reverted back to the good old 169.21whql as i also had some stability issues, with screen freezing costing me a round win in rfactor after around the same time frame as Esac described above.

PS: tried using a restore point i created thru windows prior to installing the new driver, so when i wanted to go back, in a hurry for the second race it failed to restore, no wonder i use 3rd party drive imaging software.

anyone else having stability issues with these new 174.20 beta's?

• Like 1

Tenrai I seen the bug you have mentioned with these drivers, but myself after quitting and rejoining the issue had fixed itself, reason why I never mentioned it previously. Never seen it since. But BETA drivers are BETA for some reason and should be treated as such. I recommend you try the 169.44 version if you still want to tweak & get the most out of your system, but remember to use a driver cleaner before re installing different ones.

• 7 months later...

what exactly is this sentinal lock down issue ? thank you

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64