Updated Static Objects List from ED? (Buildings etc.)

Ghostrida9

It's been a while since i posted something.

To make it shoort, thanks for all the modules but i think the focus should be on different stuff regarding DCS to make this simulation more realistic.

ED, please update the Static Object List cause its extremely outdated, there are tons of nice Shelters, buildings, houses, Airbase Buildings like offices etc.

It should be very easy for ED to update the static Object list inside the ME so we can use those buildings.

Yes i know about Virpil and all that but i'm tyred of mods not working after updates. I've created some buildings myself and it's a painfull long work and some kind of nonsense since the buildings we need are allready there, but not available to us.

ED just need to add many buildings from the Nevada and persian Gulf map, so we can finally upgrade the caucasus map with more realistic looking Airfields.

Also, why not give us an option to simple "draw" speed trees inside the ME, should also be easy.

Please ED make it happen, it would give mission builders a lot of options and Airfields a way more realistic look.

Thanks for your attention

• Like 4
If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

No news as far as i can tell, sad to hear, anyway. Do someone have some newer type buildings as static objects and civil cars, I'm not talking bout the civil vehicle mod i allready got this one, I'm talking bout 1 or 2 simple civil cars, sport cars, regular cars whatever.. and building, offices, houses.. some stuff. Please no WW2 stuff 🤢...

All the best, lets keep this alive... !!!

I actually added exactly this request to the wish list recently, so many nice objects already created, just no access to use them, seems a real shame.

I was prompted to ask after building a realistic version of Nellis AFB , and then noticing all the static details around that base, all those lovely airfield models we can't use, generators, vehicles, ladders, all sorts of stuff.......real shame.

Edited by Phantom_Mark
  • Like 1

Yes, the objects are allready there, they just need to implement them into the ME and everything is fine. Having the speed trees too would be very great too but probably impossible. Anyway the objects are a must, looking at the Nevada map, there's everything we need.

Speaking of Nellis AFB.. i started to create objects for it but the lack of time makes it all difficult

2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got plenty more, but due to the latest version some objects have trouble with the light, fixing this should not be the biggest problem. I created some invicible object that can be placed on all the light tower on every Airbase, so the jets and all objects will illuminate, it's also something ED has yet not done. Here's a example..

Screen-190619-011158-Kopie.jpg

Screen-190619-011216-Kopie.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ghostrida9 said:

...  I created some invicible object that can be placed on all the light tower on every Airbase, so the jets and all objects will illuminate, it's also something ED has yet not done.

Looks really useful .. can you please share your creation with the community? 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 1/2/2021 at 5:27 PM, Ghostrida9 said:

No news as far as i can tell, sad to hear, anyway. Do someone have some newer type buildings as static objects and civil cars, I'm not talking bout the civil vehicle mod i allready got this one, I'm talking bout 1 or 2 simple civil cars, sport cars, regular cars whatever.. and building, offices, houses.. some stuff. Please no WW2 stuff 🤢...

All the best, lets keep this alive... !!!

On 1/2/2021 at 5:56 PM, Phantom_Mark said:

I actually added exactly this request to the wish list recently, so many nice objects already created, just no access to use them, seems a real shame.

I was prompted to ask after building a realistic version of Nellis AFB , and then noticing all the static details around that base, all those lovely airfield models we can't use, generators, vehicles, ladders, all sorts of stuff.......real shame.

The Objects maps has build on exclusive to a map, and use on the TDK (Terrain develop Kit) to ED TDT and 3rd Parties build own map. The actual map assets build to ED maps has build by the Terrain develop team (TDT) on Minsk, no the main DCS World team on Moscow. To use them on mission editor need redone and convert on EDMs (no a easy task), the same situation has redone all old Lomac static assets, that take time.

About "WW2 Staff" that has build by the "WW2 team", outside the TDT. The same situation with the "modern stuff", build by other 3D modelers teams.

I hear you, but the objects are there allready.. should not be to hard to render a few as edm, somehow they must be edm allready or something similar since its all working inside DCS, i know that each terrain contains of a very big file..  "surface" file..

All we got is hope,and i think creating another aircraft from scratch is really harder to do, plus in my opinion there're way to many available aircrafts allready.. it's just to much.. and the rest get left behind.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

The Objects maps has build on exclusive to a map, and use on the TDK (Terrain develop Kit) to ED TDT and 3rd Parties build own map. The actual map assets build to ED maps has build by the Terrain develop team (TDT) on Minsk, no the main DCS World team on Moscow. To use them on mission editor need redone and convert on EDMs (no a easy task), the same situation has redone all old Lomac static assets, that take time.

About "WW2 Staff" that has build by the "WW2 team", outside the TDT. The same situation with the "modern stuff", build by other 3D modelers teams.

That is an unfortunate situation, and in hindsight a lack of vision when it comes to the pipeline for development, rule #1 of a good pipeline is to make sure you can re-use as many assets as possible across the whole product, I appreciate this isn't "your fault", really appreciate you sharing some of the reasonings for how things are.

3 hours ago, Ghostrida9 said:

I hear you, but the objects are there allready.. should not be to hard to render a few as edm, somehow they must be edm allready or something similar since its all working inside DCS, i know that each terrain contains of a very big file..  "surface" file..

All we got is hope,and i think creating another aircraft from scratch is really harder to do, plus in my opinion there're way to many available aircrafts allready.. it's just to much.. and the rest get left behind.. 

All models can "preview" on all map files on the models directory by category. All has been packed on a REF archive (I suppouse packed and encripted by TDK). The problem has been that has only "plain". No animations, no detaill models, etc. Traffic use old and some new 3D models (in fact, updated from new EDM as Ural Trucks).

Only make a test. On Caucasus map go to Batumi and other airbase, and put a Mi-8 and il-76 near the actual base Mi-8 / il-76 objects, has clear diference. Or Siria map on Haifa harbour. All 3D models has "Raw" as NATO JP-8 fuel trucks on incirlik, and ZIL / URAL trucks. Thats models has good to build maps, but need more detail to make them "usable" on mission editor.

right, for now i mostly talk about buildings, we need new buildings for the ME, offices from nevada map, shelters, Airbase housings.. small buildings, light poles and stuff. They all pretty good.. we got enough vehicles, i only talk about buildings.

Edited by Ghostrida9

• ED Team

Hi

The objects that belong to maps cannot be converted to edm for the mission the editor at the moment, we have a pretty busy year ahead, but its something we can consider for the future.

Regarding the ramp lights at airfields, we know it is possible to enable them, however this is something to look at after vulkan has been completed, we have to consider the FPS hit for users on all types of PC's. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I hear you, maybe, just maybe some of us can get a pack together... but it's a hell of work to create those objects, and even more painfull since the models do allready exist in DCS.

What i wonder about is, did you guys from ED created those objects with 3D Studio? and if yes, do you still have the 3D max files.. that would at least make it all a bit easier so not everything need to be done from scratch!

Maybe it's also possible for ED to ask 3rd party developers if they can render some buildings for the ME, since the syria map also include alot of nice office and airbase buildings. Just an idea that i want to throw in the room..

All the best and thanks for every answer.. DCS is the best sim and does have the most potential to feel and look very realistic.. it can only get better and better

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ideally I'd like to see a fictional map similar to the Caucasus map free of any airfields with the ability for the user to create them. I think this would really scratch a lot of the itch from the limited areas we have to fly in.