Revanche campaign 100% impossible to complete due to an ungodly number of mistakes

Teamasian

I'm currently stuck on the Retreat Support mission (mission 5) of the Revanche campaign due to the score never reaching past 50.

My task is to stop the advance of enemy units and cover the friendly convoy until KA-50s relieve my position, however, the mission does not succeed once that happens. I have tried waiting 20 minutes after their arrival, making myself invincible with unlimited weapons, and using both open beta and stable.

Originally, this campaign was already broken, but I think 2.5.6 finally broke the thing. The campaign is also partially in Russian, which doesn't really help anything.

Edited by Teamasian

Never mind I figured it out.

For any new frogfoot pilots out there, you apparently need to wait until the friendly units are covered by the KA-50s 2 minutes after they arrive before you can even bother to land, which is odd because the briefing states that their time on target should be 2100.

Edited by Teamasian

I did finish the Revanche campaign and I just cannot recommend to play any single player content in DCS due to a shocking amount of bugs and issues of the core engine. Problems from erronously designed campaigns with wrong loadouts come on top of that and make everything very much frustrating.

I think in most cases the Ka-50 helicopters just do not do anything useful at all from my memory. But because there are so many issues I did not even bothered to report it, as it literally takes just one developer to make a single playthrough to see most of it. Hopefully the big announcements of core improvements will be fulfilled.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Wondering if you have any advice for this mission.

I've had scores well over 150 (unit scores)... I start by wiping out the artillery with guns to save weapons and then the convoy, but there is always one T-somthing (55?) tank that seems to be invincible. Won't even take damage for some reason and the campaign goes to mission failed state well before the ka-50's arrive. I've wiped out every unit in the 2 advancing convoys except that one T-tank.

On top of this, my wingman will never engage anything regardless of the orders given so I get zero help here. For some reason on 1 try out of 10 or so he started engaging the last tank on his own with rockets and bombs... all of which missed (or the tank is invincible like it seems to be)

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by trevoC
  • Like 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS