NEW MAP KASHMIR

Almandro

A pakistani here how are we sleeping on the kashmir map?

f-16 and jf-17 from the pakistani side

mirage 2000 and su-30 from indian

all chinese aircrafts from the china side (ladakh)

DCS is sleeping on a money maker map especially with recent skirmishes going on how do they still not realise the potential?

:doh:

Even without a Su-30 (which could be replaced by the FC3 Su-27 for the purpose of creating campaigns), I see the point of such a map. It is definitely a hot, contested area, between 3 regional powers. Many opportunities for scenarii and campaigns. I am definitely no expert but looking at the terrain, it seems to be mostly mountains, and quite high as well - probably awesome to fly in, or setup ambushes by using the terrain. I mean it makes the Caucasus mountains look like small hills in comparison...

Would be a nice change, although the lack of sea/ocean would not really fit with the latest ED products (SC, F/A-18C...).

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

While probably an interesting map, my memory of virtually all forum discussions lightly touching the subject - from world news to the supposedly harmless topic of aircraft inventories - requiring tremendous moderation efforts, it's probably not a very good idea.

While probably an interesting map, my memory of virtually all forum discussions lightly touching the subject - from world news to the supposedly harmless topic of aircraft inventories - requiring tremendous moderation efforts, it's probably not a very good idea.

DCS has a history of "touchy" maps. Maybe not PG, but Caucasus or the upcoming Syria map are full of contentious borders and areas. At the end of the day, this is a military sim, so we go where conflicts happen. I mean, look at Razbam doing the Falkland Islands map, I'm sure this could escalate between british and argentinian forum members...Kashmir is one of those areas ; as long as the map doesn't have clear drawn lines on it stating "this is India" or "this is Pakistan" or whatever, what's the harm in representing the region?

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

This

A pakistani here how are we sleeping on the kashmir map?

f-16 and jf-17 from the pakistani side

mirage 2000 and su-30 from indian

all chinese aircrafts from the china side (ladakh)

DCS is sleeping on a money maker map especially with recent skirmishes going on how do they still not realise the potential?

:doh:

That would be a really nice map to fly in.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

While I do think a Kasmir map would be great I don't think it would be made anytime soon, because there are other maps that are higher on the most requested list that I always see being requested. Heck this is the first time I have even seen a map request for Kasmir.

But there is a possibility that it could be made sooner if there is a thrid party or a group of programmers that would like to become a developer to take it on as a passion project.

Edited by Evoman

Don't know about anyone else.....

But I'm personally pining for DCS: Thud Ridge.

We already have all the MiGs we'd ever need. And we have the A-4. Obviously we'd need the F-105. But the A-7 is in the pipeline, right? What about the F-8? And is the F-4 now in process a USAF or a USN type? Because while we'll get one, we'd need the other, too.

We already have the KC-135. What else? Maybe an A-6 or for the later years an F-111. Heck, keep it easy and just make them AI, too.

See? We're really only an airplane or two away from making it happen. Get on the case, guys.

We already have all the MiGs we'd ever need.

you gotta be kidding me cuz we have absolute none of the migs used in vietnam

mig-17 = nope

mig-19s = who knows when

mig-21f-13 = don't tell me 'bis is close enough'

if you think you can just slap any barrel shaped mig into vietnam and call it a day do you really even know anything about vietnam

and dont get me started about the f-4e

For the Map to work

Indian side playable has the Mirage 2000, Mig 21bis instead of the Bison and Mig 29. I believe they have the 2000-5 variant. Also India at one point DID have the Mig 23 before the 27.

Pakistan side has the JF-17 and Mig 19. Also Chinese J-11 can be added as support partner from China. Pakistan also used the F-86. Lets not forget the F-16. Hmm...but Pakistan has a different block of it, right?

If only ED and its partners manage something like the Jaguar, Mig 27, Hawker Hunter and finally the F-104.

For the Map to work

Indian side playable has the Mirage 2000, Mig 21bis instead of the Bison and Mig 29. I believe they have the 2000-5 variant. Also India at one point DID have the Mig 23 before the 27.

Pakistan side has the JF-17 and Mig 19. Also Chinese J-11 can be added as support partner from China. Pakistan also used the F-86. Lets not forget the F-16. Hmm...but Pakistan has a different block of it, right?

If only ED and its partners manage something like the Jaguar, Mig 27, Hawker Hunter and finally the F-104.

It may work for some scenarios, but for a long time their Mirage 2000s have been upgraded to 5 standard carrying Micas, and their MiG-29s have been upgraded to MiG-29UPG.

For Pakistan our MiG-19P is a very far cry from F-6 that they used. Once there is MiG-19S that’s pretty close however the F-6 differed in having no radar ranging gunsight.

And as for F-16 they use A-MLU and Block 52, so I think pretty close to our block 50 in capability and weapons I believe despite the different engines and physical differences of the A.

So I think we are pretty close when compared to other areas, but it’s still a stretch.

Won’t stop us simmers though!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It may work for some scenarios, but for a long time their Mirage 2000s have been upgraded to 5 standard carrying Micas, and their MiG-29s have been upgraded to MiG-29UPG.

For Pakistan our MiG-19P is a very far cry from F-6 that they used. Once there is MiG-19S that’s pretty close however the F-6 differed in having no radar ranging gunsight.

And as for F-16 they use A-MLU and Block 52, so I think pretty close to our block 50 in capability and weapons I believe despite the different engines and physical differences of the A.

So I think we are pretty close when compared to other areas, but it’s still a stretch.

Won’t stop us simmers though!

Yes, I do realize the Indians use 2000-5 equivalent version or their modded version being called the 2000H. The IAF placed an order for more than 66 MiG-29s in 1980 while the aircraft was still in its initial development phase. Since its induction into the IAF in 1985. Its only recently they added upgraded to UPG standard.

Yes...we could wait for the upcoming Mig 19S...close to what Pakistan has. And that F-16 too. It does not have to be the accurate version and they do have the models before block 52.

So at current...only feasible planes are Mig 29, J-11 ( Chinese helping Pakistan scenarios) , JF-17 and F-16. Mig 19 seems to be at an odd timeline. I think Pakistan has an odd mix of both Russian Mig 19 and its Chinese copy. If the Mig 23 arrives...yes the Indians did operate that too at one point, the Mig 23MF.

Yes...J&K area would be a great map. Those lovely terrain over there...hehe

I guess, by the time of 2024 we can MAYBE expect it to be ready for consideration. Hopefully some new upcoming modules might fit in.

I’m pretty sure PAF never bought a Russian MiG-19, only F-6. AFAIK they have never purchased a plane sold by the Russians, or even much equipment from them at all. However They did buy 4 Il-78, from Ukraine:megalol:

So it’s clear that we would have fun with it, and there are quite a few options. Even when it comes to air Defence, I think we have most of the equipment used in the area also. For India what we have that is or could be different then what we have in game is their indigenous Buk, and this Israeli Python air defense Spyder. Also I know India just purchased S-400 so of course we don’t have that.

For India We do have in game the S-125 missiles, the S-300 radars, Iglas, Osas.

As for Pakistan they have HQ-2, I would assume our SA-2 is very close. They also have land based HQ-9, which I believe is very similar to S-300. I have no idea what they have for close range aside from FN-16 and Mistral, and they also have Aspide air Defence, I’m sure the missiles are very similar to our Sea Sparrow.

As for AWACS we are missing a lot, atleast we do have A-50 that India uses, but not their Embraer or the Saab 2000 Erieye and ZDK-03 of Pakistan.

I have no idea about ships!!! I know Pakistan has a Type 054A but I think don’t have that version

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Good news about ships: no need since you barely have lakes in that area. :)

Regarding planes, I think we get pulled a bit too much into each version etc. In the end, we need most planes from that region available in some way as AI to make credible missions, but if they are AI planes it doesn't matter soo much what exact radar version is equipped or not. The mission creator can at least adjust their loadout. Not every plane needs to be a flyable module for scenarios to work in SP (which is what most people in DCS seem to fly anyways). But such a map would be a great playing field for the JF-17 module for example, or J-11, etc. If the rest is only AI for now, that's fine. Actually it would be a great way for Deka to sell their products, maybe they could do this terrain like Razbam is doing Falklands? :)