Community A-4E Skyhawk Missions

First disclaimer

Im totally new to mission designs

Ive tested etc others

Someone - lets collab on a skyhawk campaign

its screaming for it

we.ll KISS it and then make another if it works well?

short one at first? Im thinking based on the excellent haiphong missions released but of course changed so we arent plagiarising his work ? ( I mean just use the area etc. It 'felt' vietnamish to me

Actually, I am planning to make a campaign out of these videos, once I get enough of the missions released.

Quick poll. Which ones would you like to see released next?

That being said. If anyone would like to help with mission development and testing feel free to message me.

Also, if anyone wants some help making their own missions, then message me and I will help or advise if I can.

Stay Scooter-Strong!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to DCS and training on the Skyhawk. I really enjoy flying this aircraft a lot. I may have missed it but could you post the exact file folder location these files are to be placed. I think I know but would like to be sure.

Location: Saved Games > DCS > Mods > Aircraft > A-4E-C > Missions > EN > Training

Or do they go somewhere else?

Thanks

Canadian 🇨🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧. DCS World Open Beta 2.7. 

Aircraft: Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst. F/A-18C Hornet, F-5E3 Tiger II. Flaming Cliffs: F-15C, Mig29, Su27, Su33, Su25, A10A. Community aircraft: A4 Skyhawk, T45 Goshawk, A29a Tucano, MB339, J39 Gripen, Hercules C-130. Assets and Maps: US Super Carrier, WWII Assets Pack. Maps: Caucasus, Channel, Mariana Islands, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria. Simulation computer system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT, 64GB memory, 2x 1TB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 32" Samsung monitor. 🍁 [updated Jan07 2022]

I have figured it out, I think. [update I can fly these mission thru 'Mission' menu in DCS and don' have to go thru 'Mission Editor'.] I have located my files in the following path and created a unique folder 'Skyhawk Bombing Missions (Sidekick)'. It works and I'm excited to start flying them. Thanks for all the work you have put into these missions. :thumbup:

Saved Games > DCS > Mods > Aircraft > A-4E-C > Missions > EN > Skyhawk Bombing Missions (Sidekick)

Update: Can fly missions thru 'Mission' menu in DCS.

--------------------

Hi, I'm new to DCS and training on the Skyhawk. I really enjoy flying this aircraft a lot. I may have missed it but could you post the exact file folder location these files are to be placed. I think I know but would like to be sure.

Location: Saved Games > DCS > Mods > Aircraft > A-4E-C > Missions > EN > Training

Or do they go somewhere else?

Thanks

Aircraft: Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst. F/A-18C Hornet, F-5E3 Tiger II. Flaming Cliffs: F-15C, Mig29, Su27, Su33, Su25, A10A. Community aircraft: A4 Skyhawk, T45 Goshawk, A29a Tucano, MB339, J39 Gripen, Hercules C-130. Assets and Maps: US Super Carrier, WWII Assets Pack. Maps: Caucasus, Channel, Mariana Islands, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria. Simulation computer system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT, 64GB memory, 2x 1TB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 32" Samsung monitor. 🍁 [updated Jan07 2022]

Is there a simple way to test that I have installed this tech mod properly? Getting stuff properly into the right folders seems to be the hard part.

My location: Saved Games > DCS > Mods > Tech > 476 vFG - Air Weapons Range Objects, 14NOV19

But there is a whole list of repetitive folders within the last folder above.

Yes, it’s an important omission and I’m sure that Sidekick will amend the mission instructions to mention how to get that Mod. You can download the Mod from this link:

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287

It is a well known mod, but if you are new to DCS then please ask a knowledgeable friend to help you install it.

Is there a simple way to test that I have installed this tech mod properly?

Hi, If the Mod has been correctly installed, then you should see this Icon on the DCS Main screen:

r9PfHUX.jpg

Also, if you are NOT using the Steam version of DCS, you should be able to see the Mod on the Module Manager screen, like this:

ZsYFSOF.jpg

Getting stuff properly into the right folders seems to be the hard part.

My location: Saved Games > DCS > Mods > Tech > 476 vFG - Air Weapons Range Objects, 14NOV19

But there is a whole list of repetitive folders within the last folder above.

All User Mods should go into: Saved Games > DCS > Mods

Within this Folder, there should be several folders ... they are meant for different kinds of Mods.

- Aircraft Mods go into Saved Games > DCS > Mods > aircraft

- Ships and Ground units go into Saved Games > DCS > Mods > tech

Inside tech, each Mod goes into its own Folder ... the name of this Folder is irrelevant so I usually rename it to make it shorter or to state who is the author, like this:

MSI4LsC.jpg

The main folder of each Mod can be recognized because it should contain a file named "entry.lua", like on the above pic.

In order to help you better, please show a screen grab with your current folder structure.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Rudel for you help. Moved the main folder around and got the big yellow circle up on the main DCS screen like you showed.

1967444137_Screenshot2020-11-01091702.png.f874a75db82834805037c2067814bb9e.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Two questions:

What ever happened to the Gola Heights series? I was looking forward to trying it....

And, I haven't been able to figure out where (in my files) to put the two third party apps you require for your training missions. I've tried everything I can think of bit your missions refuse to recognize them. A little help, Please?

Your Haiphong missions are great!

Thanks,

HT

Edited by HotTom

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

19 minutes ago, HotTom said:

And, I haven't been able to figure out where (in my files) to put the two third party apps you require for your training missions. I've tried everything I can think of bit your missions refuse to recognize them. A little help, Please?

Hi,

My trining missions use Mods that go on the path /Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech/ ... like this:

aOrHo9i.jpg

Attach a screen capture of your /Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech folder ... to check if it is correct.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, HotTom said:

That's exactly where mine are but they don't show up in missions. Strange....

Attach a screen capture of your /Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech folder ... to check if it is correct.

• 4 weeks later...