6+ yr old Computer died need help replacing

I think it´s a fair price considering you are going to use your 1080 GPU.

You will be fine, if not with an indelible smile on your face.

Most of the people use that setup with the memory at 3200 and CL14 as reece said. It will work effortless.

If only we could get DCS running on a PS5 or next gen Xbox....

If that's what you can get easily then sure. Seat of the pants you'll never notice the difference.

That´s right Xairacobra: you won´t notice the difference unless extreme overcloking.

Some people even says Intel CPUs cheat you and only use the speed of the memory they manage inside their procesors anyway.

You will be fine and very close to the top charts here, so fasten your seatbelt.

Is it very important to check memory compatibility to motherboard by only buying memory listed on the motherboard's qualified vendor list (QVL)?

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

That's sticky.

Reality is if you stick to only QVL you are very limited in what is available and potentially missing out on a lot of available memory kits. The motherboard manufacturers can't test everything that can exist.

This is where it can be useful to hire a local PC store/assembler (to take the initial risk).

That said, equipment is supposed to adhere to engineering specifications. If something is supposed to work it should work. If it doesn't - return it.

There are a number of memory kits out there recently reviewed on various channels on Youtube. Check it out. Stick to the big name stuff, stuff meant to be used for overclocking, XMP, etc.

So, I don't think it's worth splitting a spleen over - but I'm prepared to take the risk.

FWIW, this is the kit I bought:

https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232206?Item=N82E16820232206

Best part is ...

No RGB!

Lol

This is what i bought hopefully i didnt make bad choices:

Motherboard - https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813144303?item=N82E16813144303

Processor - i got the 10700k cause deals brought cost to only $10 more than 10600k: https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i7-10700k-core-i7-10th-gen/p/N82E16819118123?item=N82E16819118123

Memory - https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232218?item=N82E16820232218

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

Super cool thread, it helped to me a lot. The thing is I am considering to change the processor of my PC, around 4yrs, and is going pretty slow. Hoever, I think I have a good GPU.

And something that catches my attention is you are only using Newegg shop, it is for any reason? something better than Amazon, or Walmart? Case is I found a list of competing prices, and it seems that Newegg is a bit expensive than those two, and I would like to know why before do any order. Thanks!

This is what i bought hopefully i didnt make bad choices:

Memory - https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232218?item=N82E16820232218

Yes: Gskill is what everybody is buying right now. (Mostly because performance-cost ratio): Perfect decision.

You´re coming up, Man!

And I´ve heard that 10700K use better soldered die than 10600K, (better heat disipation) so another winning decision there.

Super cool thread, it helped to me a lot. The thing is I am considering to change the processor of my PC, around 4yrs, and is going pretty slow. Hoever, I think I have a good GPU.

And something that catches my attention is you are only using Newegg shop, it is for any reason? something better than Amazon, or Walmart? Case is I found a list of competing prices, and it seems that Newegg is a bit expensive than those two, and I would like to know why before do any order. Thanks!

Amazon has been pissing me off lately. 2-3-4 week delivery times in spite of buying stuff on 2 day prime (been prime member for a very long time). I've been preferentially buying local and using Amazon less and less but the pandemic has really made Amazon even less appealing due to shipping times. Plus, when Bezos makes $13B in a single day its time for the rest of us to spread the wealth if he won't.

Not a fan of Walmart; never occurred to me to buy computer hardware there.

I used NewEgg because they had stock for what I wanted, had shipped stuff to me in the past in a reasonable time frame. Regarding prices, I'm not in the U.S. so there wasn't much in it at the time and I was willing to pay in order to get some form of reasonable delivery time. I bought the RAM at NE, everything else local.

Ultimately, who you buy from is a personal issue. Some only care about getting the lowest price, some want to support local, some won't buy from specific vendors or manufacturers due to history, bad experience, whatever.

I bought from Newegg as it has usually been cheaper, they are the closest store to me (in CA). For instance the 10700k cpu from Amazon using your link cost $50 more than what i paid, the other prices were the same. I did have to buy the cooler from amazon as the shipping from the newegg third party seller cost more than the cooler

This is the cooler i bought, i got an air cooler as i have seen the liquid coolers fail due to the altitude and dry air in my area

https://www.amazon.com/NOCTUA-NH-U12A-Ventilateurs-NF-A12x25-performants/dp/B07PN4RDW3/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=noctua-nh-u12a&qid=1595689339&sr=8-3

Edited by XAiracobraX

Good cooler. Very similar to the Dark Rock Pro I put in mine.

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=8_129&item_id=137820

I agree that water-cooled seems like more trouble than it is worth. That said, I've been thinking about water cooling all my lab computers and pumping them into a single manifold and route the water through an old Ford Crown Victoria radiator I have lying around. For science!

Edited by reece146

Amazon has been pissing me off lately. 2-3-4 week delivery times in spite of buying stuff on 2 day prime (been prime member for a very long time). I've been preferentially buying local and using Amazon less and less but the pandemic has really made Amazon even less appealing due to shipping times. Plus, when Bezos makes $13B in a single day its time for the rest of us to spread the wealth if he won't.

Not a fan of Walmart; never occurred to me to buy computer hardware there.

I used NewEgg because they had stock for what I wanted, had shipped stuff to me in the past in a reasonable time frame. Regarding prices, I'm not in the U.S. so there wasn't much in it at the time and I was willing to pay in order to get some form of reasonable delivery time. I bought the RAM at NE, everything else local.

Ultimately, who you buy from is a personal issue. Some only care about getting the lowest price, some want to support local, some won't buy from specific vendors or manufacturers due to history, bad experience, whatever.

yep, that makes totally sense, no participate in making a monopolio even bigger. I have to admit my share of guilt here, because I normally don't think in these consequences. But, I have to be honest that everytime someone reminds me that, it is contributing a little bit more in one day, make the last and avoid definitely one of those big guys (in this case Amazon).

By the way, thank so much for your answer, super useful

I like Pro , not least because it gives me more control over updates . Cost difference is minimal .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

You can buy OEM licenses that cost very little.

There are lots of websites, some of then apply a discount bigger than this one https://www.digitallicense.nl/windows-10-pro-es-sp1-retail-32-64-bits/?___store=es&___from_store=default&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4oS11sfr6gIVBJ3VCh2dfwP3EAQYAiABEgJ8JvD_BwE

because use some patrocined link, etc. (youtubers, hardware sites.....)

Edited by Leaderface

Re: OEM license, just be aware OEM licenses are locked to the motherboard. If you have to replace the motherboard you will need to re-buy the license. For a new build it's probably not a big deal but worth mentioning.

That actually depends where you live.

In the EU we can freely use any, incl. OEM lics on any other hardware as ruled by EU court in 2012.

:book: Maybe one should activate via VPN with an Endpoint somewhere in the EU :megalol:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X