Stuck at the first mission

After shooting down the first bandit without issue I think one of the frogfoots maybe immortal. I've pumped several hundred rounds of 20mm into the 2nd one with no damage.

Which version are you using full or easier AtoA.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Which version are you using full or easier AtoA.

After shooting down the first bandit without issue I think one of the frogfoots maybe immortal. I've pumped several hundred rounds of 20mm into the 2nd one with no damage.

I have checked out the script. By design both frogfoots are immortal until they reach mid way over the runway. This to stop players on repeated attempts lying in wait and killing them before they attack the air show. They have to attack the air show as part of the campaign plot. Once they have passed mid way over the base they both are no longer immortal. I will fly it through to check all is as it should be.

Thanks

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hi,

I've killed the first one but the 2nd is immortal. I've engaged them after the airshow attack. I couldn't say if they were mid way across the base when I engaged as I was N/E of the field myself by chance.

I shot the 2nd one until I was out of ammo. I could see some impacts but with no effects

Edited by Ptimat31

I can't get through this first mission, it is very difficult to kill both planes, when I'm behind one, the other kills me

That's part of the challenge you need to be aware you are against two aircraft at all times and position yourself to suit. Maybe just disable one first then get the other and come back for the first. Its up to you.

Hi,

I've killed the first one but the 2nd is immortal. I've engaged them after the air show attack. I couldn't say if they were mid way across the base when I engaged as I was N/E of the field myself by chance.

I shot the 2nd one until I was out of ammo. I could see some impacts but with no effects

Hi. Let both aircraft pass the crowd whilst you are coming down from behind. All should be fine then . I checked it today killed both all good. Both aircraft are separate groups so you need to let both pass the crowd.

Hi. Let both aircraft pass the crowd whilst you are coming down from behind. All should be fine then . I checked it today killed both all good. Both aircraft are separate groups so you need to let both pass the crowd.

Thanks, I'll try that today !

Hi, this time the bandits never show up ? Maybe I did something wrong during Aerobatics ?

Your acrobatics were not the problem. If you had gone outside the allowable zone you would have failed the mission. Your problem was not flying the route in accurately. At some point you need to pass between way points 4 and 5. You have probably gone really really wide. You need to anticipate way points and turn before so you maintain the route . As I say you would have been really really wide as the trigger is a large area.

Hope this helps

I just flew the first mission and it was ok.

After the high speed pass, I made a half cuban eight and two level turns. On the second one the SU-25s attacked. I stayed low and was was to pick them up. It was an easy double kill.

Refueled for the fun of it and rtb.

Let’s go for the second one.

Sydy

I just flew the first mission and it was ok.

After the high speed pass, I made a half cuban eight and two level turns. On the second one the SU-25s attacked. I stayed low and was was to pick them up. It was an easy double kill.

Refueled for the fun of it and rtb.

Let’s go for the second one.

Sydy

Hi Sydy hope your well and thanks for that.

It was back in 2018 if you can believe it that you said some kind words about the first campaign.

Hope you enjoy this one too.

Hi Sydy hope your well and thanks for that.

It was back in 2018 if you can believe it that you said some kind words about the first campaign.

Hope you enjoy this one too.

Hi Glyn,

Funny fact... Yesterday I just went to check if I had the latest version of the first campaign so I could refly it and I saw one of the first comments there where I said “This looks promising”. I was right! LOL

Congratulations and I am enjoying it for sure. I will also refly the first one (6.0 vs now).

All the best,

Sydy

This looks great, and loved the original SH campaign. But, twice now doing my "aerobatic skillz" :-) And both times blasted by an R90 within about 5 seconds of the Airshow MC asking for help. I get the premise, but something seems a little off. I literally had a chance to to switch to AA before I had a missile up my jacksey. Checked the log at the end of the mission and he actually fired two. Perhaps I need to be farther North of the runway centreline whilst posing :pilotfly::joystick:

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

This looks great, and loved the original SH campaign. But, twice now doing my "aerobatic skillz" :-) And both times blasted by an R90 within about 5 seconds of the Airshow MC asking for help. I get the premise, but something seems a little off. I literally had a chance to to switch to AA before I had a missile up my jacksey. Checked the log at the end of the mission and he actually fired two. Perhaps I need to be farther North of the runway centreline whilst posing :pilotfly::joystick:

Think about your position more. Get it right and it can be done quite easily. Also be aware you are against two aircraft so position to suit.

Think about your position more. Get it right and it can be done quite easily. Also be aware you are against two aircraft so position to suit.

Understood... I'll try again :thumbup:

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I shot down both of them, but when i landed back on the boat the mission wont end..And so i cant progress. Done it 3 times now.

Which campaign are you using the normal or easy Air 2 Air version?

Easy A2A

OK.

1 When you killed both aircraft did you get a message saying "that's both of them."

2 When you landed at the Stennis did you get a welcome back message and further messages from the boat saying that the mission was complete.

OK.

1 When you killed both aircraft did you get a message saying "that's both of them."

2 When you landed at the Stennis did you get a welcome back message and further messages from the boat saying that the mission was complete.

I got the message saying "thats both of them" and was told to head back to the carrier/tanker if neccesary. Went straight to the carrier, but got no welcome back message. I'll try it again tonight. Was just a bit frustrated as i had failed 3 times previously. Usually due to crossing the southern line or running out of gun ammo. Ended up cheating a little and rearming at the beginning to take 2 AIM9X with me :D :D Could that have caused the issue maybe?

There is something off this mission and that is if this would be in real-life the Hornet pilot would probably just eject when he would see the two air-to-air missiles coming (also on the first try I didn't see it, I was dead a second after the guy said "Oh my god.."..).

But lets go on from there...

Since this is a game-like mission, for me the biggest disappointment is when I have to restart the mission knowing what's going to happen and still getting killed on the retry!

The fact that the Su-25s are immortal long after they fire their rockets is a problem too (they should be immortal until they fire their air-to-ground rockets).

I tried arming myself with a few Aim9xs and figured out that they are immortal the hard way.

Also the Su-25s start to dog fight against a hornet, really? They should just get the hell out which would give the player a good chase :D.

I try to be constructive as I can be (I know how criticism hurts being a professional game developer for about 20 years) but something's got to change here IMHO.

(I've played the whole SH1 campaign a few days ago and it was good, GJ!)

They should just get the hell out which would give the player a good chase :D.

)

Actually, thats a good idea. Have the frogfoots turn tail and sprint for the border, or for SAM cover or something at low level. You as the player have to chase them down and gun them from their 6 before they make it to safety

I got the message saying "thats both of them" and was told to head back to the carrier/tanker if neccesary. Went straight to the carrier, but got no welcome back message. I'll try it again tonight. Was just a bit frustrated as i had failed 3 times previously. Usually due to crossing the southern line or running out of gun ammo. Ended up cheating a little and rearming at the beginning to take 2 AIM9X with me :D :D Could that have caused the issue maybe?

It could be that you spent too long on the carrier. You could have got the final message too early and didn't notice it. The instruction to take off is about one and a half minutes into the mission. If you are still on the carrier stopped at the eight and half minute point then this could cause the issue whilst you are changing the load out? Try going when you get the clearance. I have noted your comment and will amend the mission to account for this type of delay. Other than that I am not sure what it could be as others are completing without a problem including myself.

Thanks for your comments they are appreciated. I can use them to fine tune things to account for how others fly the mission.