Stuck at the first mission

Btw, S-3 is flying 280 GS not 280 IAS as advertised on contact. 250 IAS is bit tricky speed to refuel at and I'm not sure if this is a common speed for refueling hornets.

Hi

Thanks for that I will look into it

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 1 month later...
After 5 attemps I'm always getting the message "YOU HAVE FAILED SOUTH OF DISPLAY LINE". South of display line is south of Kobuleti runway, isn't it?

Hi, Yes you must not go south of the runway whilst doing the display.

Can you explain exactly what you are doing and where you are when you get the fail and also the route you have taken to the air base. You need to come in via the designated way points. If you are short circuiting to the orbit point from the carrier you can be setting off a trigger in the area of the final turn over the sea too early which will activate the south zone too early.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I'm following waypoints strictly until WP6, then I start a circle around the Kobuleti airport, trying not to surpass the 3 mile radius. I'm realising that maybe the south of display line isn't located in the runway limits but in the people watching the display.

EDITED: I made an Immelmann over Kobuleti runway several times and passed this phase of the mission. Thanks anyway!

I managed this by luck or chance yesterday. Flew it for the first time, ran out of bullets whilst the second one was only wounded (haven't touched the Hornet in a while so I am a bit rusty with the canon). He went for a frontal pass, I thought "what the hell" and went kamikaze. Actually he passed extremely close to me and crashed seconds later - don't know how, just received the notification he had crashed. Could it be wake turbulence as we passed maybe 1-2m away at the max? In any case, mission success, looking forward to the next one.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I managed this by luck or chance yesterday. Flew it for the first time, ran out of bullets whilst the second one was only wounded (haven't touched the Hornet in a while so I am a bit rusty with the canon). He went for a frontal pass, I thought "what the hell" and went kamikaze. Actually he passed extremely close to me and crashed seconds later - don't know how, just received the notification he had crashed. Could it be wake turbulence as we passed maybe 1-2m away at the max? In any case, mission success, looking forward to the next one.

Maybe you wounded the aircraft but killed the pilot. Anyway onward and upward enjoy ????

Maybe you wounded the aircraft but killed the pilot. Anyway onward and upward enjoy ????

Definitely! Cleared mission three last night on the first go, my luck seems to continue. Great fun so far and I'm enjoying to face off against the Snake again!:thumbup:

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals