DCS 2.7 shader edits

****Mod version is now focused on v2.7 of DCS World****

Shader mod affects the following:

Reduced haze/foggyness on horizon skyline/terrain, more defined

Adjusted duststorm effect (less red and more evened out effect)

Adjusted bowwave/foam from ships

Slightly lowered brightness of Tonemap

Heavily reduced cloud reflections on water surfaces

v0.96 download link

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation - extract Bazar folder from rar file into directory of DCS World (typically C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta) and allow overwrite of existing files (or use with JSGME or similar mod manager software)

**From v0.7 onwards an MP IC trigger check will be triggered upon first use of this mod, simply restart DCS and IC will pass afterwards**

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Legacy version for those still on 2.5.6:**

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wKhIJhxZ_hVMYUk9WwhqgNs1feOosKZk/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

bazar/shaders/enlight/watercompose.hlsl

heh... not passing IC. I start SP mission first to check. Damn.

How to fix this now? Repair, reinstall mod then MP first?

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

...just close DCS and restart it and do not enter SP just go straight to server it will work.

Yeah it works. Thanks. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

thanks Mustang, I'll try this out later today (after work).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

This isn't working for me. I see no difference. In addition, when I started, there was no loading delay as mentioned. So I deleted the fxo and metashder2 myself but still don't see any difference.

I have the VR shader mod and CGTC Caucus texture mod. Could that be why? I used OVGME and installed this mod the last.

Edit: Never mind. The zip file I downloaded had nothing in it for some reason. I re-downloaded it and now working. Looks great!

Edited by Taz1004

Hey ED, are you seeing this ? ... you know where to contact Mustang... time to fix the horizon Bloom.

Great stuff Mustang !

P.S. Watching the stream VOD.... why is the dust smoke effect a better fog effect than the fog effect :D.... it looks amazing

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Very bright or am I the one who sees them like this?

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.phhttps://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=243406&stc=1&d=1595695209p?attachmentid=243405&stc=1&d=1595695209

Very interesting just that personally the waves of the sea seem like pieces of ice floating in my humble opinion if they could a little less brightness they would look more natural we know that dcs has not done excellent work in that sense so the effort you make is wonderful to try to fix what dcs does not do and for that reason I put this illustration so you can see how intense it looks to the degree that waves do not seem rather rocks of ice floating in the ocean I would like it to give me light regarding this I am already a faithful follower of yours of your fantastic work in terms of dcs textures, thank you.: smilewink:

Screen_200725_012122.thumb.png.c47af198efdc6b2c0e8e47a7f03baf52.png

Screen_200725_012114.thumb.png.1b106f58bc6403740bd0094bc8a6a949.png

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.phhttps://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=243406&stc=1&d=1595695209p?attachmentid=243405&stc=1&d=1595695209

Very interesting just that personally the waves of the sea seem like pieces of ice floating in my humble opinion if they could a little less brightness they would look more natural we know that dcs has not done excellent work in that sense so the effort you make is wonderful to try to fix what dcs does not do and for that reason I put this illustration so you can see how intense it looks to the degree that waves do not seem rather rocks of ice floating in the ocean I would like it to give me light regarding this I am already a faithful follower of yours of your fantastic work in terms of dcs textures, thank you.: smilewink:

Wow how on earth did you get the ocean looking like that?

I'll take a look, it might be possible to lower the brightness of the foam caps.

Hi Mustang, it seems that your mod also modify shadows of objects (now it cannot be turned off), maybe due this in addition I have VR fps worse (betweet 5 and 10%). Could you modify just to left objects shadowing untouched please?

When increasing the intensity in time it is precisely what you see in the image if you configure severe weather then it will look that way I think the key is in the configuration of the weather conditions at lower intensity less brightness at higher intensity more brightness I think that this is where the key is, the choppy sea reflects many waves but it is a DCS defect

I don't think you can do much because I would have to eliminate the waves and that is practically impossible for me.

Hi Mustang, it seems that your mod also modify shadows of objects (now it cannot be turned off), maybe due this in addition I have VR fps worse (betweet 5 and 10%). Could you modify just to left objects shadowing untouched please?

I'm certain that I haven't adjusted anything that affects shadows in this mod, bit confused about this one, can anyone else verify this?

edit: shadows set to off in options, I see no shadows on objects

Screen_200725_201857.thumb.jpg.861207b66b7630d2bfaa207966536d4d.jpg

Edited by Mustang

Could you make a mod like this, for the clouds ??

:D

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Could you make a mod like this, for the clouds ??

:D

Waste of energy, tried in the past to make some adjustments to clouds but there is only so much you can do with them, going to wait for ED to introduce the new cloud system.

Thank you

I've lost hope with ED - new clouds

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Thank you Mustang, you are the best :thumbup:

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus