DCS 2.7 shader edits

Thank you so much @Mustang the dynamic range is much better, it is a big improvement. Also I am getting nice turquoise water near the coasts of PG and it is gorgeous (for some reason it wasn't showing with the stock shaders.)

Asus z170i pro gaming MB / i7-6700K OC 4.5Ghz /

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 8GD / Ram 16gb DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz / SSD 500Gb / Oculus Rift S

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ITA_WVoss said:

Hello Mustang !!

Congratulations on your mod, I wanted to know if with the release of patch 2.7 you will release a new version or is 1.3 okay?

Actually no one will know until the 2.7 is released to see what effects has on all the mods created by the community remember mods created by the community is trial and error and try to make it work again.

Edited by MEBF109
  • Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, ITA_WVoss said:

Hello Mustang !!

Congratulations on your mod, I wanted to know if with the release of patch 2.7 you will release a new version or is 1.3 okay?

I'll most likely put a disclaimer out asking for users to hold off using this mod with 2.7 until things are tested thoroughly, I am hoping it won't be needed at all.

EDIT: updated 1st post header with a disclaimer.

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just ran into this and immediately knew what caused it (since this is my only shader mod). Just quit, cleared the usual shader folders (metashaders2 and fxo) and restarted just fine without the mod in.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 22-25-27.jpg

So I can confirm ths mod made for 2.5.6 definately does not work with the 2.7.0 version. Not yet. And I do have some hopes we might not actually need it (in my case I had to rely on it because of the massive haze since the Channel release).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Alas you still need it (the shader mod), lots of haze and I had to move gamma up to 2.0

Mustang, your shader mod was "magic".  Look forward to a 2.7 version when you have a chance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Yeah, noticed that as well in my CV1. It's almost impossible to VFR now due to the haze. Basically, I can't see anything in between the clouds of awesome. Pretty much like it was before, just now with the gorgeous clouds added (and therefor less light) fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

43 minutes ago, Glow said:

ReShade mod is helpful but I honestly hope for Adjusted Shaders 2.7 🥺

Try the one linked here:

I applied it to my setup and it does help a little.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

56 minutes ago, Blinde said:

It's been less than a day since 2.7 was released. Give it some time.

Certainly not pressing here. I guess he wants to have that mod for himself anyway, but he should take the time he needs to make it. And after all it's some free work he does share with all of us. I can wait.

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Small update, I present a version for 2.7 that can be used

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ouWgmlsYfelVGUJTUE4-qVmFH8GknTKt/view?usp=sharing

This adjusts the horizon haze, ship bowwave effect and foam, duststorm effect and cirrus cloud layer - any additional edits will be added if the need arises.

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 8

Is there a working mod that will fix the A-10CII NVG scope?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

9 hours ago, Mustang said:

This adjusts the horizon haze, ship bowwave effect and foam, duststorm effect and cirrus cloud layer

Much much better 2.7 now... thanks Mustang.

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Small update, I present a version for 2.7 that can be used

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ouWgmlsYfelVGUJTUE4-qVmFH8GknTKt/view?usp=sharing

This adjusts the horizon haze, ship bowwave effect and foam, duststorm effect and cirrus cloud layer - any additional edits will be added if the need arises.
Cheers Mustang,

This is a MUST mod to fix otherwise washed out ED shaders.

At least the HUD is readable again

Отправлено с моего STV100-2 через Tapatalk

• Like 1

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

thanks Mustang!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I mainly had been using this shader mod for the color balances, I had found that running this mod meant I had to run less color corrections/contrast tweaks in Reshade. Definitely will continue to use it.

I'm personally interested in a version that just helps with color balance and visuals rather than turning off anything for FPS/performance. With all the AI, weapons, etc. issues still present in DCS I spend more time skinning and taking pretty screenshots nowadays.

-- Correction, I guess this one doesn't actually turn stuff off like the VR shader mod, but I did want to say I'm all for keeping one the "pretty" shaders mod vs performance based.

Edited by LanceCriminal86

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Thank you, Mustang---for all you do to make DCS even better.  

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.