DCS 2.7 shader edits

For me is a very good change, tunning down the clouds reflection over water. Its a little overdone and in my case with the sun low ( when the shadows are more colored and longer ) im seeing some banding-ghosting effects when zooming in and out fast ( Track Ir ). Lowering the reflectivity make this effect dissappear.

One question, what is the value you are editing for clouds shading tunning over water? What file?

I want to try just a little more reflectivity. 0.95 is great but maybe to much tunned down for my own taste.

Thanks a lot for your continuous tunning.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thank you Mustang! I have 0.93 installed. The cloud reflections was one of the first negative impressions I had of the 2.7 update. A lot to love about it, but that bugged me. Gonna try out v0.95. Thanks again for this awesome work!

• Like 2

Impressive! All those exaggerated reflection are gone, one huge step forward. Thanks Mustang for your work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

I think it’s waterreflections.fx?

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

For some reason this isn’t working for me any longer.   On latest beta 2.7.1.7139.   Using OVGME to manage. This worked great on 2.5, and seemed to be there on earlier 2.7 versions.   But did a recent repair and reinstalled the latest version (replaced the Bazaar folder in my roots mods directory).   Cleared fxo and metashaders.   And nothing.   Still have hazy horizon.  Also using with Kegetys VR shaders (clear water version).  That VR shader applies fine via OVGME.   What might I be missing?

Edited by Gravy Jones

@Gravy Jonesno idea mate I never use mod managers so I am unsure, best method to me is the direct application of files manually to the game directory - 99% of people who use this mod have no major issues.

v0.96 is uploaded today with some minor adjustments to the water reflectivity brightness and a workaround for the black/white sparkly dots sometimes seen when camera is very low on water looking towards distant horizon.

Edited by Mustang
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Mustang said:

@Gravy Jonesno idea mate I never use mod managers so I am unsure, best method to me is the direct application of files manually to the game directory - 99% of people who use this mod have no major issues.

v0.96 is uploaded today with some minor adjustments to the water reflectivity brightness and a workaround for the black/white sparkly dots sometimes seen when camera is very low on water looking towards distant horizon.

Thank you. 

Those black/white sparkly dots are a bummer in VR. 

Going to get later the new version. 

Regards and keep up.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

19 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Thankyou @Mustang!

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Has anyone observed weird "ghosting" when in F2 view over water? I turned off Reshade, dialed back some of my graphics settings but I'm seeing a weird ghosting when flying over the water. If I point the camera up to the sky I don't see the effect. I have the latest version of the shader mod, I have not tried rolling that back a version or two. I like the less crazy reflections but am wondering if this has to do with any edits, or maybe I have another graphic setting that's interfering?

Edited by LanceCriminal86
  • Like 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

3 hours ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

Has anyone observed weird "ghosting" when in F2 view over water? I turned off Reshade, dialed back some of my graphics settings but I'm seeing a weird ghosting when flying over the water. If I point the camera up to the sky I don't see the effect. I have the latest version of the shader mod, I have not tried rolling that back a version or two. I like the less crazy reflections but am wondering if this has to do with any edits, or maybe I have another graphic setting that's interfering?

Yes. I see that ghosting over water in .96. Reverting to .94 solves it ... So it's something to do with a recent change. 

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.

1 hour ago, Mustang said:

Removing all mods, can't be bothered anymore.

Not what I was hoping to hear, I hated the look of the default shaders and I had to do tons more stuff in reshade to get it looking okay. Maybe let this patch settle in and give it a bit? Seems they are indeed slowly making some changes with the 2.7 shaders but I'd hate to see the edits you've made stop altogether.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Wondering as well especially since he said this:

19 hours ago, Mustang said:

Tested for the past hour in 2.7.2 and all seems to be compatible with this version.

Just read on the Mi-24 forums that the mod might be causing fps drops and I was just going to get a more recent version - well it's 404 now. Looks like I'm having to fly blindfolded in thick fog again now, which isn't exactly optimal. I just wish ED would do something about it so I didn't have to rely on mods in the first place.

EDIT: Thanks for re-upping fsgrin.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

12 hours ago, manashttu said:

Yes. I see that ghosting over water in .96. Reverting to .94 solves it ... So it's something to do with a recent change. 

Just delete your fxo and metashaders2 shaders and let the game rebuild them and all will be fine again

Edited by Lenop

12 hours ago, manashttu said:

Even with stock you see ghosting, check out the edges of the drop tanks in this video at the start

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Even with stock you see ghosting, check out the edges of the drop tanks in this video at the start

I see.  And my confirmation of the ghosting post was in no way meant as a complaint----I have been enjoying your excellent work for a long time, Mustang.  I assumed the more pronounced ghosting in recent tweaks was interaction between the mod and the weekly patches from ED.  I'll clean out the shaders folders and retry when back at home.

THANK YOU for sharing your excellent modding talents!

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.

The ghosting is not Mustang´s mod fault. Is a DCS core fault over water.

It can be reduced somewhat with less cloud reflections over water but is still there, specially if you zoom in and out the view very quick, but as i´ve said, is not Mustang´s mod fault

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

By the way, Mustang.  You have given so much of your time and skill to DCS and the community---you certainly don't owe us any explanation or reconsideration.  But, damn---your shaders work is too good.  First mod I re-install after every ED update.  Thank you.

• Like 2

Mustang,

I´m very grateful for your work, believe me. My first "simulator" was Ace in my Timex 2068 and in 1983 there was no files or mod community whatsoever, just 1 line in my screen simulating the horizon... so, i´m always grateful for others work to enrich my experience. We achieved a lot in all these years.

And i´m sure everyone appreciate your outstanding work.

Thank you, 

and keep up! 🙂

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

@Mustang:

Given that Caucasus Terrain Textures have finally been updated with the last open beta patch, I will be surprised if your 2.7 Shader-Edits, or a version of them, is not included in Open Beta sooner rather than later.  If the 2.7 Shader Updates can't be incorporated, I would want a technical explanation from ED, or any qualified developer, why this can't happen.  

And just in case it needs to be said:

--    " Politics Ruins Everything!"    --

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

8 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

@Mustang:

Given that Caucasus Terrain Textures have finally been updated with the last open beta patch, I will be surprised if your 2.7 Shader-Edits, or a version of them, is not included in Open Beta sooner rather than later.  If the 2.7 Shader Updates can't be incorporated, I would want a technical explanation from ED, or any qualified developer, why this can't happen.  

And just in case it needs to be said:

--    " Politics Ruins Everything!"    --

Agreed, the new Caucasus textures look awful without Mustangs Shaders. 👍

I wont fly Caucasus without them!

• Like 2