DCS 2.7 shader edits

10 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

note that metashaders is now encrypted... so that means specifically that grass.fx wont have any effect. but otherwise this seems to work 

note there are several other changes like water.fx etc... you might want to see if you still need as my guess is these files were all updated with the change to water 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

you also need to rename/delete particlesystem2 as bowwave causes a crash when ships are present

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

6 minutes ago, Breakshot said:

I've attached a workable version with the above files removed that caused crashes.

What's the use of a "neutered" mod then? :-))

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

2 hours ago, Breakshot said:

I've attached a workable version with the above files removed that caused crashes.

Hope that helps until @Mustang makes an update to the pack.

Mustang Shaders 0.96B.rar 22.22 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks! Just tried this and its working so so far! 

• Thanks 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• 4 months later...

Confirmed

• Like 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Yeah, 
I got the error also, DCS crashes to desktop hard on init.

DCS.exe process stays behind and have to kill it.

Error was:

2022-03-18 14:41:21.624 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Shader "/shaders/deferred/ToneMap.fx" failed to compile. Reason:
warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47
C:\shaders\deferred\ToneMap.fx(94,14-29): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'TONEMAP_FLAG_NVD'

Edited by Juuba
  • Thanks 1
Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, leo2510 said:

confirmed the mustang0.96B shader is broken...

That's too bad. Was a great one.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Thought I'd bump this as I'm really missing the lessened atmospheric haze. @Mustang any chance of getting this working with the latest OB?

• Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I've tried to merge mustang changes with the latest OB state. I've managed to do it for some changes, but some are beyond my shader knowledge, so the result is a subset of the original changes.

It should contain the atmospheric, cloud and dust changes. 🙂

I'm also uplading another file that might be of use to someone, it is an extraction from the VR Shader Mods from Kegetys, and its purpose is to disable bloom, which can get annoying (atleast for me), especially during night missions.

DisableBloom.zip Mustang Shader Edits.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, winz said:

I've tried to merge mustang changes with the latest OB state. I've managed to do it for some changes, but some are beyond my shader knowledge, so the result is a subset of the original changes.

It should contain the atmospheric, cloud and dust changes. 🙂

I'm also uplading another file that might be of use to someone, it is an extraction from the VR Shader Mods from Kegetys, and its purpose is to disable bloom, which can get annoying (atleast for me), especially during night missions.

DisableBloom.zip 11.44 kB · 0 downloads Mustang Shader Edits.zip 13.73 kB · 0 downloads

Hey, many thanks for this! Will give it a go.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ron533 said:

Hi, 
attached is the working version for this week's patch.
I've excluded the "Deferred"  Shaders folder to prevent the DX11 shaders crash (it's there but with underscore).
hopefully Mustang will update it soon.

Cheers.

GFX_DCS_enhanced_visuals.7z 29.04 kB · 8 downloads

Thanks. What does it include over and above the Mustang changes  for the haze etc as the archive contains some additional folders and files?

12 hours ago, zildac said:

Thanks. What does it include over and above the Mustang changes  for the haze etc as the archive contains some additional folders and files?

This is just a working update and merge to Mustang's mod from here:

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

Understood, thanks. So not the shader mods for haze reduction etc but the visibility distance "bump"

N

1 hour ago, zildac said:
1 hour ago, ron533 said:

Understood, thanks. So not the shader mods for haze reduction etc but the visibility distance "bump"

Not only Visibilty Distance, open the shaders folders and see other shaders mod there.

• Thanks 1

Callsign   SETUP

• 2 months later...