Missing textures on A-10C after creating skin

freelancer2011

Hi,

I've been creating my own skins over the past few days. I've just noticed these missing components. See attached.

It's not whole sections just parts of sections. It's not just my custom skin. But if I choose another built-in skin like the 74th Squadron/Flying Tigers, the parts are still missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

MissingTextures.thumb.PNG.4411ef9d82ac79dba0cd9a7486e144d3.PNG

LOL...Um, quite embarrassed but it looks like they're supposed to be there! :doh:

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/1017860/80-0167-usaf-united-states-air-force-fairchild-republic-a-10c-thunderbolt-ii

Looks like they are some sort of venting/air-cooling?

So, the question is: is it an optical illusion that is made even worse when the following layer groups are removed:

*Gr / Gryaz / Griaz / Gryaz Areas (does this mean grain/grittiness and are these just aliases for each other?)

*Dirt?

from the A-10C-104-1A.psd template?

I removed these as I was trying to make the plane a little more 'car fresh'-looking. Now, I'm wondering if it's highlighted imperfections in the artists rendering LOL :lol:

As if you look at the attached screenshot that's what got me thinking that it could be just that just at certain angles and lighting, it looks like blocks are missing?

Screen_200725_143618.thumb.png.7d2f00aaac5d6bfd7e6c7efba1697bb3.png

Edited by freelancer2011

So, whilst I'm OK now, I did notice the following...

Whilst, I was troubleshooting, I did find the log for ModelViewer2 (attached) and it was coming-up with some interesting errors including missing shaders, files, etc, etc.

Could it be that these 'shaders' or what appears to be DirectX issues be exacerbating the way some objects/parts of the plane look?

Same questions/obbos as above: if I'm forward of the plane (at it's 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock positions), pending angle of light, those venting areas look really bad.

Yet, if I'm in the position as per the screenshot in the previous reply or if I'm at the plane's 4 o'clock position, you can just about make out the inward cant of the entrance of the vent.

Is it worth reporting to ED?

Or, is it just me? :D

Cheers guys.

model_viewer2-poss-error.txt

Edited by freelancer2011