ED NTTR is such a great map, Why not add Fallon and Lemoore?

Legendofdino

• ED Team
28 minutes ago, FoxOne007 said:

I don't think a forum post was made about it (or is has been lost among all the other posts) by anyone though it's been discussed a couple times on the ED discord. I've asked Panther to reconfirm this but here's the real life image as proof:

afbeelding.png

I have reported it as a suggestion to the team, I can not promise any change at this time.

thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

DCS and ED try to make products that sell... presumably.  They have spent boat loads of money making the F-18C and the Supercarrier... It makes sense that Fallon and China lake be fitted out on the NTTR map.  People who say that we should use the NTTR map for what it was intended to be... Two things about that.  1.  It was built to make money!  It would make more money if it was more relevant to the Navy community by adding Fallon and China Lake.  I was stationed at Fallon in the late 80's as an adversary in VFA-127... we flew the F-5E/F and the A-4E and other variants.  Now the adversary unit there flies the F-18.  2.  I do use the NTTR and like it very much... It's a good map.  I'd like to see them make it better. 

Edited by Bonz
  • Like 12

On 5/14/2021 at 6:01 PM, Bonz said:

DCS and ED try to make products that sell... presumably.  They have spent boat loads of money making the F-18C and the Supercarrier... It makes sense that Fallon and China lake be fitted out on the NTTR map.  People who say that we should use the NTTR map for what it was intended to be... Two things about that.  1.  It was built to make money!  It would make more money if it was more relevant to the Navy community but adding Fallon and China Lake.  I was stationed at Fallon in the late 80's as an adversary in VFA-127... we flew the F-5E/F and the A-4E and other variants.  Now the adversary unit there flies the F-18.  2.  We do use the NTTR and like it very much... It's a good map.  I'd like to see them make it better. 

+1. Love the map for my training missions and flights. Wish some love to the map.

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 3

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 9:13 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

ED has none plan to expand NTTR, has a complete product.

Yes we are aware. The whole point of this thread is to may change this approach. Especially by open the mind of earning even more money with this map by adding more texture to certain areas (that have low res texture, even not all of it) and give propper detail to three more airfields (Fallon/China Lake/Lemoore) that fit on the map. There is even no need to expand the maps geographical size. 

Imagine 50% (or even a bit more) of the owners of NTTR would pay 10-15 extra bucks for that add-on. And no need to build an new map for that. It is Dev time for sure, but compared to other things a low effort = profit thing.

I would do that and like this thread shows I am definitely not alone.

How about an official poll for this? That simply would be some market research.

• Like 4

Yes we are aware. The whole point of this thread is to may change this approach. Especially by open the mind of earning even more money with this map by adding more texture to certain areas (that have low res texture, even not all of it) and give propper detail to three more airfields (Fallon/China Lake/Lemoore) that fit on the map. There is even no need to expand the maps geographical size. 

Imagine 50% (or even a bit more) of the owners of NTTR would pay 10-15 extra bucks for that add-on. And no need to build an new map for that. It is Dev time for sure, but compared to other things a low effort = profit thing.
I would do that and like this thread shows I am definitely not alone.

How about an official poll for this? That simply would be some market research.
You can't sell anything if you not have a 3rd party, by EULA, and that add on need approval by ED.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

You can't sell anything if you not have a 3rd party, by EULA, and that add on need approval by ED.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

I don't talk about third party development. With "I would do that" I meant paying for an add-on. I bit misleading there sorry.

Edited by Andartu
  • Like 1

• ED Team
14 hours ago, Andartu said:

I don't talk about third party development. With "I would do that" I meant paying for an add-on. I bit misleading there sorry.

We have no plans sorry. NTTR is feature complete.

thanks

• Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb BIGNEWY:

We have no plans sorry. NTTR is feature complete.

thanks

Hello, if a majority would like to have it, ED should also think about it and not say in general - Doesn't exist-

NEVADA Map is not complete, otherwise not so much infrastructure (missing airfields) would be missing.

Please do an official poll and then we will see what the majority would like.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Mab8 said:

Hello, if a majority would like to have it, ED should also think about it and not say in general - Doesn't exist-

NEVADA Map is not complete, otherwise not so much infrastructure (missing airfields) would be missing.

Can explain what missing airfiels has not present on the original NTTR project?

Edited by Silver_Dragon

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Can explain what missing airfiels has not present on the original NTTR project?

He’s probably referring to the endless requests for Fallon, Edwards etc. :doh:

NTTR is done. It has PLENTY of elbow room for a good scrap, as does the actual range. Ok, so some units do fly in from out of state, or airfields further away than those given in the NTTR map current, but it really is a non event.

Spawn units inbound at the edges if you really want to.

Other than that, there are some differences in layouts of certain airfields - Nellis itself being a major one - but details like this likely came about during ED’s time modelling them, so it’s only really a problem should people want to do things in the here and right now.

As it is, NTTR more than fulfils what I need from it, if ED give in and add say Fallon, where will it stop? There will always be someone asking for a certain airfield just a little further out, and before you know it you will have to model - in detail - the entire western seaboard.

NTTR is done. NTTR is fine. NTTR is the area I use the most.

Edited by G.J.S
  • Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• ED Team
4 hours ago, Mab8 said:

Sorry, as much as it may be wanted, we do not have the time or resources to take another project on. Our terrain teams are very busy at the moment. 

As mentioned NTTR is complete, based on the design spec we made. 

thanks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mab8 said:

NTTR map has only Nevada Test and Training Range, centred on Red Flag ejercises.

The Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) is one of two military training areas at the Nellis Air Force Base Complex in Nevada and used by the United States Air Force Warfare Center at Nellis Air Force Base. The NTTR land area includes a "simulated Integrated Air Defense System", several individual ranges with 1200 targets, and 4 remote communication sites.[1] The current NTTR area and the range's former areas have been used for aerial gunnery and bombing, for nuclear tests, as a proving ground and flight test area, for aircraft control and warning, and for Blue Flag, Green Flag, and Red Flag exercises.

1280px-Wfm_area51_map_en.png

On the NTTR map product page has very clear
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/terrains/nttr_terrain/

DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map
The Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) has the largest contiguous air and ground space available for peacetime military operations in the free world. The NTTR land area includes simulated air defense systems, mock airbases, and several target ranges. The NTTR was also used for nuclear testing. Today, it is home to RED FLAG and other military exercises that include countries from around the world. The NTTR map for DCS World 2 includes Nellis AFB, Creech AFB and the infamous Groom Lake AFB (aka Area 51). This map also includes the city of Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport, and Hoover Dam.

ED never "promise" make all Nevada state. in fact Fallon and other airbases was only a placeholder texture with very low details on the sides. Meanwhile some of that bases has own training ground:
Existing_Fallon_Range_Training_Complex_O

California and Nevada Training grounds:
CA_State-Map_Updated-OCT-2018.jpg

The same situation has the "where are the Pacific", never was planned. If someone like open a poll, but think the answer with the comunity can put about them.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, as much as it may be wanted, we do not have the time or resources to take another project on. Our terrain teams are very busy at the moment. 
As mentioned NTTR is complete, based on the design spec we made. 

thanks
Wait, wait, wait... TEAMS????!!!!!!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Wait, wait, wait... TEAMS????!!!!!!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Minsk studio has some develop teams with make the TDK and map technology upgrades, and some terrain teams making  maps as Modern free Marianas map and the ww2 channel map expansion on the last year.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1