[ART] Night Operation

Scandfox

With latest update DCS World makes it impossible to operate i night.....

You can't use Radar as it works as a flashlight

The digits in navsystem are to bright

You can't find Yourself to the runway as taxilight is type Candle Light

The best is a Roll-Back to previous version and rework ........

Fly a Night-Mission and if it is working normal then I have graphic problems

Edited by Scandfox

Yea you (I) need to turn on night filter AND adjust radar brightness to lowest. Also make sure your monitor and windows brightness and gamma settings are correct, you can do a calibration in windows. Then adjust gamma in game.The taxi light is very dimmed after EDs light updates compared to earlier (worse then huey), CK digits and autopilot lights are to bright/white but for me with my settings and my IPS monitor it works just fine and is very beautiful at night.

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

The radar has a night filter

Where is that filter?

Btw, I adjusted the gamma setting and it looks a lot better.

Edited by Palten

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

I've bound the night filter and the radar brightness to two dials on my throttle, it works great. But you need both to find a suitable setting depending on how dark it is.

If Taxilight not working You can't find Your way to the runway and You can't fly Your mission..

There was no Night Filter IRL..

Anti-Collision Light when ON lights up all Airport.

Conclusion: With this not-so-good update AJS37 has became a DAY-ONLY Fighter

Edited by Scandfox

Yep, same thoughts here, tried it out not long ago and stopped it. Especially in VR it was difficult with the RB-75, for which I wasn't able to find ANY brightness adjustment. :noexpression:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

light reflection on the top right and left is too much.

when you turn nvg on, it is unbearable

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

There is a Filter and it works OK but what I mean is that You can't take Yourself from Tarmac to active Runway....thats it...

Have You made Flights with this last update and performed a Night mission from T/O to landing..??

There is a Filter and it works OK but what I mean is that You can't take Yourself from Tarmac to active Runway....thats it...

Have You made Flights with this last update and performed a Night mission from T/O to landing..??

I have actually, me and 4 others. It's not easy to taxi by any means, but it's very possible.

I did an attack with RB15s, ingress 10m altitude. Radar fix and fire, then back to base and land.

And you quite clearly said there wasn't a filter for the radar, which was what I was answering to, but I digress.

when you turn nvg on, it is unbearable

Use of NVGs is blasphemy, and should not be used in a Viggen. :smilewink:

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Since when has the Viggen NVG? :huh:

Yea, have I missed something?

Det funkar inte för mej att taxa med stearinljus så lycka till

Don't be so pessimistic, see it as a challenge, like orienteering in pitch black darkness holding a glowstick 10cm of the ground just to see where the road ends. ????

Ok so from this conversation I guess we can all agree that everyone's monitor/game settings and environment is different AND that many of the light's in DCS needs a rework! Hueys search light has been almost useless since DCS 2.0 FOR ME, even the recently released P47 landing light is that bad.

Dammit now Im complaining too.

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

My point with the Bug report is that I will fly SAFE with all systems working in a correct way:

1. Anti-Collision lightens up entire aircraft

2. Taxi-Light is too weak, unable to find the way from Tarmac to Active Runway

3. Radar light is too bright makes targets hard to locate, filter makes no help

4. Navigation display is too bright unable to dim

5. SI daytime is too weak when flying in sunlight

6. HUD glass in sunlight disturbs sight in attack to ground Targets

All these findings are after latest update and I am not alone with this remark, In NOSIG we have pliots with 14 yrs IRL experience who agree with my findings

PS: This is a Bug report and reason for this is to improve SAFE flying

I was thinking I would share a screenshot to show how it looks for me when I noticed that image brightness actually differs enough just between my two monitors that I can't see some of the ground lights and the taxi light on my IPS monitor but not on my older one. :/ So it might look VERY different or you. Second image is almost pitch black on one monitor and very usable on my main.

This is me at night in Oktober 0100 Caucasus, NOTE like I said you have to both turn radar brightness to zero AND activate radar filter!

What you guys think?

y4m5A8fPRWM2WvocrMl-visZrbF0ChKqIwstsBTpNOi-FwdCR22aKLXIeXMJVzcPRxJjiaFNBoH7_Fw7ztpJBXITf3YitiJw9kt7k6QS65a7Dvvl0wYt4TOAqi9ErUlsMhbv6XsqJrtGzc3t5lM-jpoBefCTfywIcYfUyDiYQWB21z4U7Ftt91PFMsZKMGvEM0XxpaaUnmtLL3lbQ9UK32GBw?width=1855&height=1045&cropmode=none

y4mxZHFYHgFHZJ08WpVXnkcSZe4_7RXK8zL4QgeTT6tPJ0Jr1ilsYchqpz1JiY8-2hzMM9kLXGXUVCJ18oQNLQFovRber-GgTTXShnXNUfkfwjPKaQPaXS5mR874hygsXgWNxAEYNKZwvdza6uZTBIyiA2q2TcSMvwfRhmY_JwiMaxM6EKB4CDy84ywUQGFPgOKJF9udniJGUjkxstX62szjg?width=1024&height=622&cropmode=none

Edited by Rover

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

Is the night filter on in the picture? The screen should turn red

Yes, using RAlt+RCtrl+F "Radar Night Filter" keybinding. Without it the radar is way to bright but it sure ain't red. :-[

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

As the real thing is a wheel that you turn, you have to click/ hold that "RAlt+RCtrl+F" a few times for it to fully make it go into "night mode". When it's at its lowest setting it is very red. You can then tune the brightness with the "radar brightness", or a mix of the two. It works very well, and makes the radar fully usable at night.

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

As the real thing is a wheel that you turn, you have to click that "RAlt+RCtrl+F" a few times for it to fully make it go into "night mode". When it's at its lowest setting it is very red. You can then tune the brightness with the "radar brightness", or a mix of the two. It works very well, and makes the radar fully usable at night.

Oooh shit your right, I didn't use it like a incremental setting, since it just say "Upp/Down". Yea holding it down gives it a red color. Thanks! Now I feel stupid...

Edited by Rover

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47