Kuwait/Iraq/Iran Map... Most logical next map.

Baco

Most logical next map would be this area...

Would alowd a compleate simulation of desert Shield, Desert Storm,

+ a lot of the main battles of the Irak Iran War

And part of the Invasion of Irak and even what if counter ISIS operations, even thow the areas depicted were not afected that much.

kuwait1.thumb.jpg.45b3545dd20d8dc8abe2716e9392a528.jpg

• Like 8

I’d rather have Vietnam or Korea ... enough of the desert.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

personally it Would be nice if the engine handled RAM differently so this could be added to PG map with Qatar etc without mxing out the 8GB limit.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Yes Guys I would also Love to have Vietnam or Korea But given DCS current limitations, full maps of both are NOT posible.

I posted a very doable, within RAM limitations, option.

Vietnam has a thousand threads Witch I support even thow the only thing we might get within RAM limits is a partial map of vietnam or several ones...

And the whole Korean peninsula is just Not posible also.. Again I would settle for a partial Korea, but then again there are a million threads asking for it...

Yes Guys I would also Love to have Vietnam or Korea But given DCS current limitations, full maps of both are NOT posible.

I posted a very doable, within RAM limitations, option.

Vietnam has a thousand threads Witch I support even thow the only thing we might get within RAM limits is a partial map of vietnam or several ones...

And the whole Korean peninsula is just Not posible also.. Again I would settle for a partial Korea, but then again there are a million threads asking for it...

I wonder what makes you think them impossible? Serious question, not trolling or anything. We know we are going to get an Afghanistan map and the pacific map (very limited land mass though) in the near (all jokes aside) future. is it just hardware limitations that you are speaking of? That mixed with DCS not being very well optimized, or is it something else?

I wonder what makes you think them impossible? Serious question, not trolling or anything. We know we are going to get an Afghanistan map and the pacific map (very limited land mass though) in the near (all jokes aside) future. is it just hardware limitations that you are speaking of? That mixed with DCS not being very well optimized, or is it something else?

Its a littel bit of both. DCS engine is not teh best for Big Mpas, but in my oppinion is teh best for a combat sim where you need nice qaulity at 20k ft and good detail an 300 ft.

The maps are made of satelite imagery + tiles + 3d objects. Every house, every tree, every building. every fence, or pole you see is an object. The more objects the more RAM you need and the better GPU you need to rende all those polygons.

So Far DCS has modeled areas of teh world that are not too desnly populated. And got away with arroung 400 by 400 kilometers with deatiled objects, roads, power lines, train tracks, etc...

So To big distances like Vietnam or the entires Korean peninsula are very dificult to do because of the sheer quantity of objects. Besiades Huge capital cities with loads of specific landmarks, temples, ect....

Specially The Korean peninusla is so densly populated taht it would brinmg Any system to its knees.

The areas I have chosen to propose leave out Huge cities, and foculs on the minimal space to be imulated efficienly.

If you take a cose look at every map yet, they all have areas with no 3d objects at all, right in the middle of where there should be some... I guess its to save object count.

Specially with people wantin realism ans exactitude. when we asked if a generic map would do everybody said NO, well , you just CANT make an accurate map bigger thna what we have and most landdmarks take more time to make as 3d objects, acurate objects...

Quite frankly I just gave up trying to plea for maps...

Its a littel bit of both. DCS engine is not teh best for Big Mpas, but in my oppinion is teh best for a combat sim where you need nice qaulity at 20k ft and good detail an 300 ft.

The maps are made of satelite imagery + tiles + 3d objects. Every house, every tree, every building. every fence, or pole you see is an object. The more objects the more RAM you need and the better GPU you need to rende all those polygons.

So Far DCS has modeled areas of teh world that are not too desnly populated. And got away with arroung 400 by 400 kilometers with deatiled objects, roads, power lines, train tracks, etc...

So To big distances like Vietnam or the entires Korean peninsula are very dificult to do because of the sheer quantity of objects. Besiades Huge capital cities with loads of specific landmarks, temples, ect....

Specially The Korean peninusla is so densly populated taht it would brinmg Any system to its knees.

The areas I have chosen to propose leave out Huge cities, and foculs on the minimal space to be imulated efficienly.

If you take a cose look at every map yet, they all have areas with no 3d objects at all, right in the middle of where there should be some... I guess its to save object count.

Specially with people wantin realism ans exactitude. when we asked if a generic map would do everybody said NO, well , you just CANT make an accurate map bigger thna what we have and most landdmarks take more time to make as 3d objects, acurate objects...

Quite frankly I just gave up trying to plea for maps...

Good info, thanks for that. Hopefully in the near future we start to see these things corrected, considering ED has said they want to recreate the entire world at some point. Hopefully we are not all waiting on the ZTX 9080ti to get us there.

Iraq, Korea, Vietnam sounds good, but I want Central Europe! That would be awesome map. Ideal for Cold war and late ww2 scenarios

YES! This most definitely, would love this.

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Hopefully we are not all waiting on the ZTX 9080ti to get us there.

Oh no belive me we are talking anout I9's. 32Gb of RAM and RTX 2080's...

Today with 16 Gb of RAM you can bearly enter a MP server and it Crawls...

---------------------------------------

Central Europe? Well Of course! i want it more than nothing, but we might need a Super computer to run it...

People see to think that making games, and specially simulations works on Wishfull thinking and a Wand or something....

Why Not a Perticle Simulation engine also...

HOW ABOUT OPEN WORLD

how about open world map ? fly from east to west, land on carrier in pacific ocean to refuel, or onland refuel, have fun flying.... or request air fueling.... implement an open world map for $$$, just a suggestion....

thank you,

Cold War Europe, but anyway, if you have this map it will need a Tornado GR2 and GR4 so get the Tonka then do whichever map you want.

That and dont forget about F-100, F-104, F-105, MiG-17, Su-7, IL-28, Canberra, early MiG-21 variants, Mirage III, Mystère etc. etc. Damn we would need a whole new assets pack for that :D

• Like 2

I was reminded today how much I would kill for an F9F Panther/F9f-6Cougar Module to go head to head with the Mig-15 so I could live out my Bridges of Toki Ri dreams.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png