DCS: Syria Map - Desert Frogs

Wags

• ED Team

In this Syria map video for DCS World, we’ll move to a more desert location of the map, south of Damascus at Marj Ruhayyil airbase. This is a major airbase for the Syrian air force that also acts as an important command, control, and communication center. It also often a host of Iranian units. For those two reasons, it’s been the subject of multiple Israeli air strikes over the past few years.

In this mission, we’ll fly an Su-25 Frogoot as part of a Russian detachment to the airbase to strike Isis fighters south of Jabab. We’ll also take this opportunity to show some of the many military facilities that dot the map.

Hey this is looking good, nice to see some of the brown parts of the map

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

2S6 Tanguska is nice but in Syria one of the most used Air Defense System is the Pantsir S-1 (SA-22 Greyhound).

It is also used by the Iraqi and the russian in Syria.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/russia_russian_missile_system_vehicle_uk/pantsir_pantsyr_s1_sa-22_greyhound_air_defense_missile_gun_system_technical_data_sheet_specification.html

It's maybe time for ED to create this very common SAM system...:music_whistling:

An update of the "old" other trucks, those mostly used on Air Base could be nice too...

2S6 Tanguska is nice but in Syria one of the most used Air Defense System is the Pantsir S-1 (SA-22 Greyhound).

It is also used by the Iraqi and the russian in Syria.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/russia_russian_missile_system_vehicle_uk/pantsir_pantsyr_s1_sa-22_greyhound_air_defense_missile_gun_system_technical_data_sheet_specification.html

It's maybe time for ED to create this very common SAM system...:music_whistling:

An update of the "old" other trucks, those mostly used on Air Base could be nice too...

If that my dream come true...

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

Can’t wait...

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Not mine argument, but why is S-25 rockets still allowed in DCS, when in reality those are not allowed to be launched as their smoke gets in engines and stalls them, causing aircrafts to crash?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

well Pantsir has always been a tunguska on steroids and wheels, so no wonder we see it in that video

At the weapon system level indeed but at the representation level, the Pantsirs exported to the Middle East are ALL on truck chassis...

In order to have realistic scenarios and sceneries, which is the goal of DCS, it would be normal to find it in our favorite simulator.;)

Now is when we are missing the most clickable Russian birds to fly and there is only the Mig-21 and the L-39 and the latter does not even have Syrian skins (not counting helicopters)

Pointed to the contemporary conflict, so do not name the Mig-15 and 19

Edited by heroe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Wags unpinned this topic