DCS: F/A-18C THE SERPENT'S HEAD 2 CAMPAIGN

Thanks for the clarification. I apologize if I sounded overly critical, it wasn't intended. I understand there's limits to what the mission designers can do and still make it fun and immersive.

I enjoyed the first campaign and I'm very pleased with this one already. Money well spent.

Thanks for the clarification. I apologize if I sounded overly critical, it wasn't intended. I understand there's limits to what the mission designers can do and still make it fun and immersive.

I enjoyed the first campaign and I'm very pleased with this one already. Money well spent.

No apologise required. The campaign has only just been released and constructive comments' and pointers are really welcome. This allows me to quickly hone the campaign so that hopefully everybody enjoys it.

It doesn't matter how many times you critically fly your own campaign missions its never going to be the same as having a large number of fellow pilots flying them in the way they think it ought to be flown. So all constructive comments welcome.

I had early feed back on the Serpents Head One and this allowed me to hone it and plug any gaps.

Thanks for your input.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Played Serpents head campaign and really liked it so i bought this campaign. I like it aswell but its abit frustrating in mission 3 (i think it is)

For me its abit like one target to many. I run out of ammo 3 times now and get the houses down to 60/70%. Tried it again and now i got shoot down by the manpad lol tried to preserve ammo. I dont mind failing and retry but since its a long mission and ive spent 4 hours today.

Well i guess i need a break and get to it tomorrow again

Played Serpents head campaign and really liked it so i bought this campaign. I like it aswell but its abit frustrating in mission 3 (i think it is)

For me its abit like one target to many. I run out of ammo 3 times now and get the houses down to 60/70%. Tried it again and now i got shoot down by the manpad lol tried to preserve ammo. I dont mind failing and retry but since its a long mission and ive spent 4 hours today.

Well i guess i need a break and get to it tomorrow again

Had the same issue. Just cant destroy those houses with the cannon. Both are always on about 20% health

As promised I flew mission 8. All went well both buildings destroyed but there were some strange responses as had indicated in the mission brief.

I came in from the south west set up nine line with JTAC. All good cleared in hot. After impact JTAC says "shift". Nothing suitable in the JTAC radio menu for response so turned uncaged second missile and as suggested by "shift" he is lazing second target so fire second missile. Hit second target. He then says "Abort Abort Abort" then pauses and says " no further targets etc" and your on your way in the mission.

Not sure why it does this but think it started after an update. I will play around with things to see if I can stop the strange responses but it may be a bug.

You should however be able to proceed with both buildings destroyed as I did.

Youre right- after he says target not destroyed, he shifts and paints next target. All went well there. But then after that when enemy armour is advancing on Axeman, i started to loop about to go help them but was told i failed as they were not protected. But that was less than 20 seconds after getting the radio message for help

Youre right- after he says target not destroyed, he shifts and paints next target. All went well there. But then after that when enemy armour is advancing on Axeman, i started to loop about to go help them but was told i failed as they were not protected. But that was less than 20 seconds after getting the radio message for help

NVM. Worked perfectly the next time :)

Had the same issue. Just cant destroy those houses with the cannon. Both are always on about 20% health

Just flew it today to check this out. For some reason things seem quite a bit harder than originally designed and not as intended. I have now updated the mission to resolve and past the files on to ED.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

NVM. Worked perfectly the next time :)

I think I have now resolved the strange JTAC messages using a work round. Have updated the mission and issued same to ED.

I think I have now resolved the strange JTAC messages using a work round. Have updated the mission and issued same to ED.
Out of interest, when should I see the files updated on my copy? Do I have to redownload or does ED patch it through in an update?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Out of interest, when should I see the files updated on my copy? Do I have to redownload or does ED patch it through in an update?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It will be in a update and shouldn’t impact where you are in the campaign. I don’t know when actually they will include in an update. Hopefully soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Finished the campaign and loved it. That last mission..wow it put everything i'd learned to the test! When i finally managed to find the meeting place in the dark and get a point track on the vehicle, i felt like a total badass :D

Well done. Glad you enjoyed it.

Listening to the useful feed back from fellow pilots I have made revisions to a number of the missions which have been passed to ED for an update hopefully making the campaign even better.

This is not the end for "Ford", looks like although the troubles in the Black Sea seem to be coming to an end a new brewing conflict will see him flying to the Straits of Hormuz bound for the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72). I am working on this now and it will be a 15 mission campaign.

"Rise of the Persian Lion"

Thanks

Well done. Glad you enjoyed it.

Listening to the useful feed back from fellow pilots I have made revisions to a number of the missions which have been passed to ED for an update hopefully making the campaign even better.

This is not the end for "Ford", looks like although the troubles in the Black Sea seem to be coming to an end a new brewing conflict will see him flying to the Straits of Hormuz bound for the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72). I am working on this now and it will be a 15 mission campaign.

"Rise of the Persian Lion"

Thanks Glyn! Got to mission 3 and struggled with

the Mavs and the dark display, I just saw the other guys recommendation of using the WP option.

I'm gonna wait for ED to release the updated files and then give it another ago.

Great work so far though!

@Glyn: Complete mission 5 yesterday and I'm about to start 6th... looks like you like a lot cross-winds and a asymmetrical loadouts :P.

I "strongly" think to you when...

... in mission 5, after I've destroyed the 3 targets AC shelters and dopped the 4th JSOW to keep my plane up at angles 40 (cause I had a lot of troubles to keep speed high enough at that height) I've received the call for a 4th shelter to strike... :glare::blink: :wallbash:

The campaign so far is gorgeous!

Nice work!

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

@Glyn: Complete mission 5 yesterday and I'm about to start 6th... looks like you like a lot cross-winds and a asymmetrical loadouts :P.

I "strongly" think to you when...

... in mission 5, after I've destroyed the 3 targets AC shelters and dopped the 4th JSOW to keep my plane up at angles 40 (cause I had a lot of troubles to keep speed high enough at that height) I've received the call for a 4th shelter to strike... :glare::blink: :wallbash:

The campaign so far is gorgeous!

Nice work!

Hi, yes a light touch is required at those heights. Glad your enjoying it and yes never dump your weapons as they say “ it’s not over until the fat lady sings” :thumbup:

Absolutely loving the campaign.

Quick question, do you forsee any issues with replacing the stennis with a supercarrier variant? Was thinking of going into ME and updating the campaign missions to include the super carrier.

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Hi Just bought this.

I am happy to spend money to help create good dcs content.

I usually fly missions with my friend. Which means I open them and mod them for clients and save them.

I am unable to do that with these missions. Save and save as are not active.

Can anyone help me out?

Hi Just bought this.

I am happy to spend money to help create good dcs content.

I usually fly missions with my friend. Which means I open them and mod them for clients and save them.

I am unable to do that with these missions. Save and save as are not active.

Can anyone help me out?

Hi, purchased campaigns are protected by ED. The first Serpent’s Head Campaign is a available free in the user files. You can copy and adapt these as you suggest.

Mission 11 - Last. I killed Snake and returned to Stennis's vicinity. There are fireworks, music, feta, but damn, Stennis is still swimming in a curve and you can't land because the FB changes every second. Is it an oversight and a mistake of the author of the mission ??? Please note that on return, Case 3 procedure applies and Stennis should never turn after the aircraft has reported an Inbound for landing. Please explain or give me a hint.

Mission 11 - Last. I killed Snake and returned to Stennis's vicinity. There are fireworks, music, feta, but damn, Stennis is still swimming in a curve and you can't land because the FB changes every second. Is it an oversight and a mistake of the author of the mission ??? Please note that on return, Case 3 procedure applies and Stennis should never turn after the aircraft has reported an Inbound for landing. Please explain or give me a hint.

Hi, Mission 10 I think you mean. There is nothing in the mission scripting to make the Stennis turn. It is a straight line for 33 miles. This will take over 2 hours and the mission should be just over an hour. Might be a recent ED bug I will check. Can you give me any more details. How long was your mission?

I would be interested if anybody else has had this issue as none reported to date.

Yes, I meant Mission 10 - the last one. I don't know how long it lasted, but I was going through it the second time and knowing my goals and situation, it was a formality (the first time I got hit by a MiG). I don't think they last more than 2 hours. I want to land, 3000 pounds of fuel and Stennis is circling :) Anyway, I tried to land, but Final Bearing changed too quickly for the ball and I crashed on my second hard core try :) , arrival at the aircraft carrier, ATC orders to land according to Case 3 and Stennis swims with the entire fleet around :) I did some cleanup and crap today, deleted the TacView entry :(

Edited by maverickmj

Yes, I meant Mission 10 - the last one. I don't know how long it lasted, but I was going through it the second time and knowing my goals and situation, it was a formality (the first time I got hit by a MiG). I don't think they last more than 2 hours. I want to land, 3000 pounds of fuel and Stennis is circling :) Anyway, I tried to land, but Final Bearing changed too quickly for the ball and I crashed on my second hard core try :) , arrival at the aircraft carrier, ATC orders to land according to Case 3 and Stennis swims with the entire fleet around :) I did some cleanup and crap today, deleted the TacView entry :(

Hi , just did some checking. You are right the Carrier is turning from the beginning of the mission. It should not be doing this. It must be something related to a DCS update as the mission script has never changed. Even more puzzling is it does go straight on some occasions but then when you start it again it starts turning again. I will raise this issue with ED. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

Hi , just did some checking. You are right the Carrier is turning from the beginning of the mission. It should not be doing this. It must be something related to a DCS update as the mission script has never changed. Even more puzzling is it does go straight on some occasions but then when you start it again it starts turning again. I will raise this issue with ED. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

Perhaps the ensign at the helm is rocking out with a pair of earbuds in and doesn't hear the captain calling for a steady bearing

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset