DCS Device Server (for MFCD export & apps)

ihopi

I made some apps for the DCS. (Android & iOS)

Currently works with A-10C / F/A-18C / F-16C

After I released these apps, many people uses this server program as for export MFCDs and other instruments of each plane.

So, I decide to upload this server program as utility.

Server program feature.

- Do not need to input ip address for mobile connection.

- Do not need to edit any lua file for export. (some devices need to be edited for export ready)

- You can position your exported MFCDs with drag & drop

- You can set the resolution for exported screen.

(It means, you can use 1/3 screen of your extra monitor for your exported window)

- You can export instruments that you want without any editing lua file

- For mobile apps, you can use it with only one monitor. (It will not overlap game window)

etc.

Recently, one of dcs member called 'Chaos-Out' made superb manual and tutorial video of dcs device server.

You can download dcs device server program and manual from below

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311482/

You can see the tutorial video (also made by 'Chaos-Out') from link below

If you have any question, leave comments below and contact me via ihopi73@gmail.com

Edited by ihopi
remove link

problem with windows 7 -x64

Hello! I have a problem on windows 7 -x64. I have already downloaded api-ms-win-shcore-scaling-l1-1-1.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory. But i cant register it with regsvr32.exe. What could be the problem? Maybe the version of api-ms-win-shcore-scaling-l1-1-1.dll is not correct for my system?

regsvr.JPG.0cc3c501bc04256a1dbfc47b59784ba3.JPG

api.JPG.51ec18253623cae8da7a37ee9da47cb9.JPG

Properties.JPG.72712c76bbff131e870b94a7c758ed7e.JPG

Okay, i got it. I put dll in program folder. But now it does not work. In startup server i have appcrash:

Сигнатура проблемы:

Имя события проблемы: APPCRASH

Имя приложения: DCSDeviceServerx64.exe

Версия приложения: 2020.7.24.0

Отметка времени приложения: 5f1efbc7

Имя модуля с ошибкой: DCSDeviceServerx64.exe

Версия модуля с ошибкой: 2020.7.24.0

Отметка времени модуля с ошибкой: 5f1efbc7

Код исключения: c0000005

Смещение исключения: 0000000000008caa

Версия ОС: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Код языка: 1049

Дополнительные сведения 1: 0733

Дополнительные сведения 2: 073364511edd10c9ba56524df1039f6c

Дополнительные сведения 3: a4ca

Дополнительные сведения 4: a4cab2f86147c840c5e8996594e7cbe9

Okay, i got it. I put dll in program folder. But now it does not work. In startup server i have appcrash:

Currently, I don't have Win7 so it will take a little time to find the solution.

Anyway, I will check the error number and try to find the problem ASAP.

I've updated the device server 3.1.1.4

In this version, the server generate debug log file into the exe file folder and it deleted when program exited.

So if app crashed, the log file will remain in this folder and then you can see the log file.

Send the log file to me and I will check the error log and report it back to you or fix the bug.

I think reading the lua file routine has the problem but I must verify it first.

I've updated the device server 3.1.1.4

In this version, the server generate debug log file into the exe file folder and it deleted when program exited.

So if app crashed, the log file will remain in this folder and then you can see the log file.

Send the log file to me and I will check the error log and report it back to you or fix the bug.

I think reading the lua file routine has the problem but I must verify it first.

Hello, sorry for a long time after first post. I already have working device server (it starts to work after I selected "deviceworks" in multimonitor settings in DCS. But now I can't see ampcd in my android app. I folloved the instructions http://www.k4solution.com/mobile/DCS%20Device%20Server%20Manual%20(English).pdf (Page 16, chapter 4.2) - I uncheked mfcd 1 and mfcd 2 in export options, but display is not responsed on starts mission, but UFC is responsed. I tryed to connect second monitor and dropped mfcd 1 and 2 or AMPCD to it -its work. But I want use ampcd on anfroid tablet or phone. Log file and screenshots here. What I doing wrong?

900092719_Deviceserver.JPG.ec390ac1562bde6358ebcda607c7a4ef.JPG

1956354756_Exportsettings.JPG.20f39d2508efa20cb320ce6304302ad4.JPG

wYZNvFyJ5Lc.thumb.jpg.5edee81b318b042875191cb1339af153.jpg

1222144532_DesktopScreenshot2020_08.12-01_42_02_06.thumb.png.f357956ef07849e760795d1731f317fb.png

DCSDeviceServerx64.exe.log

Hello, sorry for a long time after first post. I already have working device server (it starts to work after I selected "deviceworks" in multimonitor settings in DCS. But now I can't see ampcd in my android app. I folloved the instructions http://www.k4solution.com/mobile/DCS%20Device%20Server%20Manual%20(English).pdf (Page 16, chapter 4.2) - I uncheked mfcd 1 and mfcd 2 in export options, but display is not responsed on starts mission, but UFC is responsed. I tryed to connect second monitor and dropped mfcd 1 and 2 or AMPCD to it -its work. But I want use ampcd on anfroid tablet or phone. Log file and screenshots here. What I doing wrong?

You should follow 4. CONFIGURE EXPORT SETTINGS – BASIC TWO MONITOR SETUP instead 4.2.

In short, widen your screen resolution a little bit (for the export setup) and check both Use MFCD 1 and 2. Do not uncheck it.

Then everything will be fine.

You should follow 4. CONFIGURE EXPORT SETTINGS – BASIC TWO MONITOR SETUP instead 4.2.

In short, widen your screen resolution a little bit (for the export setup) and check both Use MFCD 1 and 2. Do not uncheck it.

Then everything will be fine.

I have set the following settings:

gkbjrfboeqQ.jpg

After that, when I started the mission, the ampcd screen turned black.

rPjL8vQ3U6M.jpg

Is it possible to set this up if I run the game on my secondary monitor? My setup is [2560x1440]primary -> [5760x1080]secondary. It is a basic 2 monitor setup. Reading the manual it appears I need to have the game launch on the primary and preferable have the secondary to the right.

I think you can try, my secondary monitor is on the left and it works without any issue especially than many people told me that it is not possible to put anything on the left monitor because it's like deviding by 0

That's how it's looks like for me

ScreenSetup.png.c9070dc7f87b76d86ddad8054073c7e9.png

Yes, you can setup your monitor whatever you want with this server program.

For example, you can use full primary and partial secondary monitor for your main game display and use rest of the monitor for your MFCD or other devices.

Agrrregat, thanks for your reply and yes, you can use left monitor as separate monitor for your document or map by using this server program. Unfortunately, default DCS cannot set-up like that.

• 1 month later...

I got A10C app, and i think i followed manual and youtube video propperly.

I got server working, connected Ipad to server. I have two monitors, and i edited display setup

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-tempid":"temp_260210_1604017478468_741"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​​

WHen i start the game, i have working MFCD's on second monitor, and all looks good. But there is no video on ipad. It's just black but buttons work.

When i rotate tablet vertically, CDU is fully functional, and with display text.

What am i missing here?

Server and app are updated to latest.

I aslo both android version to test on my phone, but it's the same behaviour.

Thanx,

V

monitorSetup.PNG.b273925d7e3aa8d7f8ccda01e12036a6.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
I have the same problem. Hornet on android app displays have black screen. I tried different settings, but its no work.

I'm sorry that, Windows 7 no longer works with DCS Device Server anymore.

Because win7 do not support screen capture feature that used by the dcs device server.

I will try to find a way though, sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2 months later...

Extracting to iPad only for the Viper. ICP works as it should.  MFD’s however accept input from iPad and reflect properly in game. Game does not output extraction to my iPad. The MFD screens remain dark.

I think I am missing a setting within DCS. Any thoughts?

thanks

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 10:39 AM, Pineapple Pete said:

Extracting to iPad only for the Viper. ICP works as it should.  MFD’s however accept input from iPad and reflect properly in game. Game does not output extraction to my iPad. The MFD screens remain dark.

thanks

same here, dont know how to fix too

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 2:52 AM, WilhelmHJ said:

same here, dont know how to fix too

On 2/5/2021 at 11:39 AM, Pineapple Pete said:

thanks

Please, check out below detailed explanation for the dcs device server.

It will answer most of your questions (and for the dark MFCDs).

Feel free to contact me via ihopi73@gmail.com for more information.

ihopi

• ihopi changed the title to DCS Device Server (for MFCD export & apps)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently I'm working on portrait mode of the separation for AMPCD and UFC.

I'm sorry but there's too much work for the server side.

Anyway, I will consider your request.

• 3 weeks later...

@ihopi   Okay i have new issue.   I try deleting DCSdeviceserver.exe.  Restart.  

Program loads.  Finishes Checklist.  Program closes.  No Error Pop-up.

Now,  DCS A10c  Display are missing  (even with DCSdeviceserver off)

Screen_210605_110802.png