[REPORTED] Battery Voltage and Electrical Systems

Mortisrose

With the battery power switch on and without external power the voltmeter reads 28 Volts. The manual states the voltage should be between 24-26 V with battery being used and 28-29 V with ground power. (pg.37,81)

I tried to get the voltmeter needle to fluctuate by turning on all the avionics and lights and could not get it to drop or fluctuate. I was also able to start and stop both engines simultaneously 6 times and the battery maintained 28 Volts.

"Battery allows for 3 consecutive engine starts" per manual (pg.83).

It also states: "simultaneous starting of both engines is not permitted by the engine start system." (pg.85)

Both generators were off when starting the engines and had no noticeable effect on start-up.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

• 3 months later...

The marker beacon and radar altimeter functions with the switch on right-hand panel turned off.

Rear R-H switches # 6,7,8,9 (pg. 47) for ARK-5, left indicator lights, switch for gears, air-brakes, flaps, drag chute, and switch for hydraulic boosters appears to not be functional or not be connected to the system.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

The marker beacon and radar altimeter functions with the switch on right-hand panel turned off.

Rear R-H switches # 6,7,8,9 (pg. 47) for ARK-5, left indicator lights, switch for gears, air-brakes, flaps, drag chute, and switch for hydraulic boosters appears to not be functional or not be connected to the system.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Yes. Still reading 28 v from battery without ground power, able to start both engines simultaneously with starter-generators off, ARK-radio and altimeter-radar work with switches off, left indicator lights work still. I stopped testing there as it all appears the same from last open beta.

• 2 months later...