Carrier radial

steelrfan85

Can someone explain to me how to figure out what heading to Fly to intercept the radial? I’ve had to use F10 which I don’t like. I was flying heading 130 and was told radial was 105 and ships bearing 285. I set 285 in the course on HSD. I had Tacan on the ship so I was flying straight to it. Was way off. Can someone help me?

Can someone explain to me how to figure out what heading to Fly to intercept the radial? I’ve had to use F10 which I don’t like. I was flying heading 130 and was told radial was 105 and ships bearing 285. I set 285 in the course on HSD. I had Tacan on the ship so I was flying straight to it. Was way off. Can someone help me?

set the radial to the carriers course then fly until you line the radial up with the tacan. then youre directly behind the boat.

the landing deck is something like -10 degrees from the carriers course (brc)

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

what heading do I fly though back to the ship to get the radial to line up?

tacan tells what direction and distance is to the ship. if the tacan and the radial dont line up then you have to fly offset to the tacan until they do. eg say the tacan is 180 degrees (so youre due north of the carrier) and the brc is 270 (carrier heading west). if you wanted to come in directly behind the boat then youd have to travel somewhere south east until the tacan lined up with the radial, then you turn into the boat.

in reality you dont need to arrive at the boat from behind in case 1 landings, you can enter the stack/pattern from any angle

Edited by eatthis

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

use your TACAN to navigate to within 20nm of the boat. Get eyes on, then figure it out from there!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

use your TACAN to navigate to within 20nm of the boat. Get eyes on, then figure it out from there!

That works in Case I, though 20miles is pushing it when it comes to visibility. In Case III, however, your eyes won't help you until you're less than 3/4mile from the boat. It's all instruments, all the way to touchdown. In Case III, use the ICLS needles when you get close to the carrier.

Carrier radial

what heading do I fly though back to the ship to get the radial to line up?

Hi,

maybe this helps you understand. It’s a graphical display of a Case 3 recovery, that relies on carrier radial intercept. What will be important for you is:

- the course of the carrier (BRC) - here it is 010

- the radial of the landing deck - always -10 degrees (360)

- the approach radial - opposite to landing radial (180)

- your course towards radial intercept - ( Marshal radial)

That means simplified:

1) Approach the carrier on the Marshal radial

2) Turn in towards approach Radial (Switch course setting accordingly)

3) Have a controlled decent towards glideslope

4) Capture glideslope and Land safely

If you have the Supercarrier Module, mother will give you the radial Information so you can set up your approach.

For the beginning you should ignore all the other information on the chart such as DME and Flight levels.

Hope this helps!

Boomer

2808a7ac3ba810c971665a0ebbe8ec4c.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Nume Noctre

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel

I was hoping to find a created mission for case 3 recoveries in the cat. Preferably with SC but I couldn’t find for regular or SC. I guess I’ll have to watch some YouTube videos on creating a mission with ME. I just want a few way points out and then find my way back and practice.

I was hoping to find a created mission for case 3 recoveries in the cat. Preferably with SC but I couldn’t find for regular or SC. I guess I’ll have to watch some YouTube videos on creating a mission with ME. I just want a few way points out and then find my way back and practice.

I have modified one of the SC missions for the Cat to train the Case 3. I’ll post here later this evening, if I find the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel

Are you aware that there is an "instant action" mission for supercarrier case III? Perhaps it doesn't do it for you, but it's good enough for me, at least.

Yeah they have case II and IIIin the instant action missions for the Tomcat

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I have modified one of the SC missions for the Cat to train the Case 3. I’ll post here later this evening, if I find the time.

Hi guys, here is the mission I mentioned earlier.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311566/

Boomer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel