[REPORTED]Viper Cockpit Night Operations illumination ISUES

migaguiar

Hi,

I want to report some stuff that makes unbearable to use the F16 for night operations.

- Basically all cockpit glows like a Christmas tree,

- the Hud is too bright (even adjusting) and the numbers glow and are not Sharp

- Same but even worst the HMCS projection in of helmet in minimum brightness is still too bright and not sharp, very bad to look through it !!

-The EHSI (NAV, ILS; etc) Cant be seen at all at night Have you forgot to illuminate it ?!!

In general all cockpit if very bad at the moment, previously better.

But as well in night operation all lights, runway, taxi lights seem that they glow too much and very artificially, and fading or not being sharp in the same way as the HMCS helmet .. bad upgrade in general.

see attachment pics pls, thanks

You can change the brightness of the ehsi with the brightness/course knob. You can set the hud to night brighness of the hud control panel and use the knob to fine tune it. I do agree about the jhmcs though. The hud brightness switch does not yet also control brightness of the jhmcs making it hard to fine tune the brightness at night.

The biggest issue with me for night ops however is the brightness of the AOA indexer.

Edited by DrBackJack

^This. The AOA indexer is the biggest hindrance to NVG ops at the moment IMO.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Have you tried now after the update the EHSI? because now is almost all black (non usable at all) .. so is a bug.. and no! now you cant change brightness in this instrument (at least I can´t ;) )

The HUD I agree, and the HMCS (helmet) even in minimum its blur not sharp.

ALso I totally agree with all, the AOA is very bad when combined with NVG even at minimum.

Have you tried now after the update the EHSI? because now is almost all black (non usable at all) .. so is a bug.. and no! now you cant change brightness in this instrument (at least I can´t ;) )

You're wrong. There actually is a working brightness adjustment for the HSI: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4390127#post4390127

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Hi

Reported

If you wish to report a bug please follow the guide here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250800

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2