New to DCS World

Hello all,

Well I've spent some years on all sorts of simulators and settled down on Truck sim and some rail sim on the basis that was all my machine(s) could handle, I've had a few years on FSX but nothing speical.

Having got a better machine I've been able to use P3D and I've been hooked with that and joined a Virtual Airline. Been using a fair amount of civil payware, but gave the basic free supplied F-16 ago on an airshow demo, wasn't impressed with the handling felt too much like a toy.

I never even heard of DCS World only until Virtual RIAT came along. Watching the virtual Hornet, F-16, Rafale and the display teams I was amazed, what is this? After finding out it was DCS World I hopped online and found the base is free with two aircraft to try out, good a sort of 'demo' so I can see if it runs.

Well it does, steep learning curve indeed, even setting up solo free roam missions takes some working out but some YouTube videos helped with that.

Will I use if for proper missions or just for doing airshow solo displays, not sure as I am ropy as hell with bombs and all that. Naturally I've crashed on the ground loads of times, though not as much now, and not been doing so well handling the SU-25T or dropping bombs with it on the tutorials.

I've managed to get a display practice in with the TF-51D Mustang

Very much work in progress, needs to be a tighter spending less time from the crowdline and needs a lot of work on the takeoff and landing, but my god it feels 'real', much better than some FSX product's I've tried of tail dragger's

James.

Hi jame,

Welcome

Nice bounce landing. Much more depth to the flight modeling in DCS, that's why we love it.:thumbup:

Try to hold her nice and flat a few feet off the runway, nose up like how she sits on the gear when on the ground and basically let her slow up and drop / mini stall onto the gear.

There are some great Essa's for taildraggers at the top of the Spitfire thread by an instructor. The Spitfire has a free castor rear wheel, no locking.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Welcome mate, nice video

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Welcome to DCS and the forum !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Welcome to the DCS game, I started playing in 2017, but problems with the PC left the game for a year, I have minimum requirements, I am changing up PC now, you already have the SU-25T, if you like to simulate you can buy a 100% simulated plane, you can buy the F / A-18C Hornet is very complete now , I bought it about a month ago at half the price, because they make discounts on the modules, this game is practice and more practice, I love this game

FC3, F-18C, F-16C, AV-8B Harrier, Mirage 2000, A-10C, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, A-4E-C

Edited by Alf.Snake

Welcome mate very different to the other flight sims but Im sure you will come to appreciate those differences quickly enough.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png