Pins in the ground crew comms menu.

SpaceMonkey037

This would indeed be a great addition to realism :thumbup:

It's a very specific/essential step in the launching procedure for the Viper

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

+1

Would be nice to have safety pins for the weapons as well! :thumbup:

• Like 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 3 months later...

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 weeks later...

+1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...

As a former F-16 Crew Chief and unless procedures have changed that much, the last thing  we did before marshaling the jet out was to show the pilot the EPU pin, , we then stashed it in the gear well along with the gear pins. When the jet was recovered, the pin was inserted before shut down along with gear pins..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We showed the epu pin during engine runup as part of the epu area is clear routine iirc.

So you all want all the pins modeled or just the epu pin?  As a former crewchief it seems weird to me to just have the epu pin all by it self.  I think we should get ground crew modeled like the launch crew for the carriers.  Give us some dude martialing us towards the main taxiway, someone to give us feedback on flight control checks, all the other things the crewchiefs do i think would be really cool for immersion!

Edited by KalAbaddon
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 8:02 AM, KalAbaddon said:

Give us some dude martialing us towards the main taxiway, someone to give us feedback on flight control checks, all the other things the crewchiefs do i think would be really cool for immersion!

+10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 10:02 PM, KalAbaddon said:

We showed the epu pin during engine runup as part of the epu area is clear routine iirc.

So you all want all the pins modeled or just the epu pin?  As a former crewchief it seems weird to me to just have the epu pin all by it self.  I think we should get ground crew modeled like the launch crew for the carriers.  Give us some dude martialing us towards the main taxiway, someone to give us feedback on flight control checks, all the other things the crewchiefs do i think would be really cool for immersion!

would be awesome if it was like the crew in rFactor where he backs out looks both ways and then gives you the hand signal to come out!

On 12/25/2020 at 7:02 AM, KalAbaddon said:

Of course, we need all of the pins, not just the epu pin. I'll edit the title 🙂

• SpaceMonkey037 changed the title to Pins in the ground crew comms menu.