Helios 1.6 - Official Thread

Thanks for answering! Can Helios repeatingly send keystrokes until I release the button? Single sendkeys makes no sense for slewing. I searched, but found nothing about it.

It can hold a key down just like a keyboard. And also just like a keyboard, it cannot just send the key over and over. Hopefully you can get your DCS keybindings to do the the right thing with a held key.

Attached is an example.

Here's how to test it:

https://w3c.github.io/uievents/tools/key-event-viewer.html

hold_key.zip

One question I've been trying to get info on: Can I use Helios to export viewports/MPCD's to a networked unit with a touchscreen, such as the Surface Pro 4 I have sitting collecting dust?

I know there was a system called IRIS that was used earlier, but that seems to be discontinued.

IRIS isn't part of Helios. Helios cannot do this job, even though it probably should if someone who is a very good programmer wants to work on that.

IRIS is redistributed (with permission) with Helios 1.4 for convenience, because BlueFinBima uses it. There are better tools out there now for this same job, but you can still use the IRIS that is included in the last 1.4 release if you want.

https://github.com/BlueFinBima/Helios14/releases

We might make an IRIS build available again with 1.6 also, depending on (again) if anyone does the work (scripting it as part of our build and upload process.)

Are there any guides on creating your own gauges? Or know if there's a generic glass cockpit digital display out there already?

Creating entirely custom controls is a matter of programming them in C#. It's not hard to figure out from the code how to do it. Then you either contribute them to Helios if you plan to distribute them or otherwise make a plugin for your local use. We are under strong GPL so if you do distribute it, you have to give us the source so everyone can use it.

Same here.

Only works when I disable (--) the rest of the "dofiles".

Maybe to put them in another order would help?

Some of the other export scripts (not Helios) must be wrong/weak :)

In an export script, you are supposed to check if some other script ahead of you has already registered itself and then call it when you are done with your stuff, so everyone gets called.

So you have to put the worst script first, because it won't call anyone else. Then you put the civilized scripts (TacView, Helios) etc at the end because they actually call the ones before.

Are there any guides on creating your own gauges? Or know if there's a generic glass cockpit digital display out there already?

PS: See my previous reply about writing code. However, if you don't mean something entirely custom and just want to make an ADI type thing, there are these (Capt Zeen specials, so you can probably get support on his discord server.)

https://github.com/HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios/wiki/Custom-Gauge

https://github.com/HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios/wiki/Custom-Tape

IRIS isn't part of Helios. Helios cannot do this job, even though it probably should if someone who is a very good programmer wants to work on that.

IRIS is redistributed (with permission) with Helios 1.4 for convenience, because BlueFinBima uses it. There are better tools out there now for this same job, but you can still use the IRIS that is included in the last 1.4 release if you want.

https://github.com/BlueFinBima/Helios14/releases

We might make an IRIS build available again with 1.6 also, depending on (again) if anyone does the work (scripting it as part of our build and upload process.)

Thanks, derammo :)

I'll take any hints on things that can do the same as IRIS and that works with Helios eagerly :D

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Thanks, derammo :)

I'll take any hints on things that can do the same as IRIS and that works with Helios eagerly :D

I don't use any of these things so would not want to recommend something and then get questions about THAT free software also :)

I just heard others talking there is better stuff now.

• 2 weeks later...

Running Helios 1.6.3308.0 with YAME64 1.2.1 and if I create a Helios button directly over a YAME64 touch point then tapping the Helios button also taps the YAME64 touch point even though it is running behind Helios.

Is there any way for Helios to prevent touching through to the YAME64 screen in the background?

Any help would be appreciated.

I keep getting this: Main screen is 27" 1440 monitor 2nd screen with helios is 22" 1080 touchscreen.

https://imgur.com/oKJMQiA

oKJMQiA

It is telling you in the Recommendations what to do.

You generated a monitor setup using Helios (to make sure if matches the profile) and then you didn't select that monitor setup in DCS Options. Follow the Recommendations shown right there in your screen shot.

Running Helios 1.6.3308.0 with YAME64 1.2.1 and if I create a Helios button directly over a YAME64 touch point then tapping the Helios button also taps the YAME64 touch point even though it is running behind Helios.

Is there any way for Helios to prevent touching through to the YAME64 screen in the background?

Any help would be appreciated.

that doesn't sound right. Can you file a bug/issue please at https://github.com/HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios/issues/new and provide some screen shots in it?

I don't think windows applications are supposed to get mouse clicks if an application on top of them already handled it...

that's strange because it's better than its ever been and easier to use too it handles all the trauma i put it through and doesn't cause issues with the export file and the other things that use it like sim shaker for aviators, are you sure something hasn't gone wrong in the install?

• Like 2

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

I want to do two things with 1.6, but having issues. first, I want to figure out how to do a cutout for a viewport for the skyhawk radar. second, how do I do simple key commands for buttons for a new Helios profile for the Skyhawk. Both seem to be hard to do in 1.6.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

What's wrong with this picture? I just installed Helios 1.6 yesterday and it was working fine until 5 minutes ago. For some reason the Control Center starts minimized to the taskbar. And when I click on it I get only 1/3rd of it's window. I can drag it around and click on the buttons I can see, but how do I fix the window to be the correct size??

1942090764_HCCwindowsbugged.thumb.png.967721bd54dee8a83209f390cb6af2d3.png

0242c5eef0703f1fa937ebe1c7c45df0.thumb.png.7b2dd681d0ba4a5de116c9898363a3a6.png

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I need to better understand how to carve out space to show a radar screen from the Skyhawk in Helios

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

What's wrong with this picture? I just installed Helios 1.6 yesterday and it was working fine until 5 minutes ago. For some reason the Control Center starts minimized to the taskbar. And when I click on it I get only 1/3rd of it's window. I can drag it around and click on the buttons I can see, but how do I fix the window to be the correct size??

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"HCC windows bugged.png","data-attachmentid":7123218}[/ATTACH]

I think someone else mentioned this but nobody filed the bug. It looks like StartMinimized is broken.

1) please file a bug https://github.com/HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios/issues/new

2a) if you are able to do some simple editing of an XML file, open the file Documents\Helios\ControlCenterPreferences.xml and change "StartMinimized" value from "True" to "False"

2b) if you don't know how to edit a file like that, then just delete the file Documents\Helios\ControlCenterPreferences.xml. You will reset all control center preferences to defaults and also reset the "what was my most recent profile for each aircraft" list.

3) Don't use "Start Minimized" until you get a new Helios release with a fix

Done!

Thanks, that fixed it.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I am slowly progressing on my skyhawk Helios profile. I created a number of toggle switches with text boxes above and below the toggle switches. I used a black bezel with everything in the bezel . The problem is that the toggle switches show up when I start the profile, but although the text boxes appear, the text inside the boxes are not showing. The text boxes have the little eye showing in the layers column. What am I doing wrong?

I know people have complained about this a while ago. Is there any fix to make the exported viewports brighter?

I am slowly progressing on my skyhawk Helios profile. I created a number of toggle switches with text boxes above and below the toggle switches. I used a black bezel with everything in the bezel . The problem is that the toggle switches show up when I start the profile, but although the text boxes appear, the text inside the boxes are not showing. The text boxes have the little eye showing in the layers column. What am I doing wrong?

can you post the file, please? i would love to do an a4 panel but i just don't have the time, it would be a big help if you could :) i know its a big ask, but I'm sure others would appreciate it too

Bit of a weird question

is it possible to make a generic cockpit up that will work with any aircraft? So that I can have all the custom ones but when I’m flying one that dose not have a custom pit I can still have the basics? Ie, altitude, speed, bearing, rwr, mfcds etc?