Helios 1.6 - Official Thread

24 minutes ago, Scaley said:

Thanks man, stumbled on that thread and working on it now!

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Noticed something when I created my "AH-64D - GR" profile. Made it from scratch and copied/pasted the MFDs from a profile already made, I have it working fine and both MFDs are showing with no errors in Helios. Went back to see, with all the DCS updates since I made it, if my F-16 profile still worked. Nope, all kinds of errors. Tried re-creating it from scratch with the "F-16 Simulator Viewports" in Helios.

1. New Profile

2. Added DCS monitor Setup Interface, saved. Profile. Status - "Monitor setup files need to be configured" Hit "Configure" button. 

3. Here's where I got confused. In the "DCS Monitor Setup File Output" window it shows the setup is "Combined" with the Monitor Setup for the "H_AH64D-GR" Monitor Setup. This time I hit the "-" in the "Monitor Setup 'H_AH64D-GR' " line and now it (the AH64 Monitor line) appears under a new "Separate" category. Not sure if this was the correct procedure.

4. Once again, "Monitor setup files need to be configured" Hit "Configure" button. No errors.

5. Added "DCS F-16C_50" Interface, Saved again to remove the caution under "Profile Interface" window under Interface Status. All green checkmarks.

5. Tried running it, get 4 "UDP Interface created duplicate function ID. (Interface="DCS F-16C_50". " errors. Go back to profile editor and now DCS Monitor Setup says "viewport 'F_16C_LEFT_MFCD' requires patches to be installed". Repeats same error for Right MFCD. I see no way to "Install Patches", hitting the Gear icon takes me to Monitor Layout and there are no errors there... Am I missing something (obviously I am, but what)?

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Hi I'm very new to helios working on a DCS Apache Helios profile that's been released in forums.

I've been reading up on a lot about dcs-bios, dcs, helios, generic interfaces, helios lua-interfaces the past 1-2 weeks.
trying to get my head around things. I've been wondering if there is any way of somehow getting a rotary switch to work similar to a three-way toggle switch with it's "on-on-mom" functionality.

I got it working as desired with a 3-way toggle, i.e. "Off - On - Test" ... a Test position that acts, or should act more like a button with release, than an actual rotary position.
I could just use the 3-way-switch and be done with it... but it's more of a question of how far arguments/parameters and maybe even basic aspects of functions can somehow be influenced and handled?

Also this specific example also shows in the AH-64D code that "overlapping" {-0.0, 0.0} and {0.0, 1.0} array structures seem to be used to handle/trigger some more exotic states?
Not sure if it's related to maybe achieve the result.

From what I suspect much of the lua-interface functionality in dcs helios is based on warlords json "api" and work for dcs-flightspanels?
he seems to be using a rotary switch for the first two positions, and then a regular pushbutton for the last "test".

I don't think that's "compatible" with the basic lua-interface "schematics" I try to accomplish in this specific challenge.
it's really challenging to find any examples and information about the "other side" of things. searched through the entire Helios16 git for things like "dcs.common.switch" to no avail. I guess it's due to functionality not really being handled in Helios but rather some other/existing dcsflightplanes or dcs-bios json/conversion, schematic or whatever.

Another question is if "arrays" can be "sent/received" from the lua-interface json-interface.
It seems like "future hybrid soft interfaces" might provide more of what I'm asking about. But yea afaik that only exists for the F18 so far.

Edited by osram

2021/1/16 AM8点00分,Scaley说:

Hi scaley,I changed helios_private.clientSocket:settimeout(.001) in HeliosExport16,but Helios will show a warning the DCS export script does not match configuration.Once I setup DCS,the HeliosExport16 will restore.Is it any method to solve the problem?Thanks.

2 hours ago, Flankersea said:

Hi scaley,I changed helios_private.clientSocket:settimeout(.001) in HeliosExport16,but Helios will show a warning the DCS export script does not match configuration.Once I setup DCS,the HeliosExport16 will restore.Is it any method to solve the problem?Thanks.

Just switch off pre-flight checks in the preferences panel in helios control centre.  The error will stull show, but you will be able to start the profile.  

I also am pondering using helios. Currently I just run a monitor config that includes my main display and a smaller one. By setting variables like MFCD in the monitor config, I can get DDIs, MFCDs, MPDs etc on my second screen. But I take a FPS hit (obviously because DCS is rendering more pixels). What kind of a FPS hit does Helios cause? I know I should just do it for myself but I thought I'd ask since anything I've ever thought of has already been done.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

Hi
I'm trying to create an F-14 cockpit using Helios and four monitors, but I'm stuck.
For example, since the HUD Brightness in F14 V2.0 Helios Profile, corresponds to VDI Contrast, rotating HUD Brightness on DCS will rotate VDI Contrast on Helios. Similarly, rotating the HUD Brightness on Helios will rotate the VDI Contrast on the DCS.
In addition, F14 V2.0 profile has many non-functional switches (e.g., five air source buttons, lights switches, etc.; sorry, I haven't investigated the cause of them because there are too many switches that don't work.)
Is it possible to resolve these and fix all switches to function properly? Or is there anything I can do to fix them? But if I need a lot of work, I have no choice but to give up using Helios.

But that's not what I want. Because I believe the Helios and four monitors including the three touch monitors (for DASHBOARD panel, Left panel, and Right panel) could easily create an F-14 (and other aircraft) cockpit.

The photo below is my F-14 cockpit currently under construction. The monitor for the left panel will arrive tomorrow.
If this is not completed, the three monitors will be wasted😂

DSC_0058.png

Edited by Fuujin
Attached a photo of my F-14 cockpit.

I'm not sure or into any F14 profiles at all. But if you are somewhat technical (not too much). One of the creators of one of few 2-3 AH-64D profiles here so far. Was my first profile. And think it came out rather nice so far. You can hit me up on helios-discord if you like - And we can maybe look at it some time.

Especially if the F14 native interface or profile is not up to date (?), and you don't mind creating your own lua-interface for it instead. 🙂

CaptZeen's Helios Discord server
https://discord.gg/hq7MaVBU

Edited by osram

Holy <profanity>!😱

Guys, take a look at these THREE SO MUCH COOOOOOOOOOOL F-14, F-16, and F / A-18 COCKPIT PHOTOS!🤩

Additional costs such as the three touch monitors cost less than 800 USD (€ 735.53), and production days are only ABOUT A WEEK! (In my case, most of them were Amazon's delivery times.)

ALL YOU NEED IS THIS!!

It's ✨PERFECT✨ if ALL THE SWITCHES ON EACH AIRCRAFT ARE WORKING PROPERLY!!

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

Edited by Fuujin
Fixed the number of monitors I bought. Then The number of monitors I wrote at the beginning was correct, so I restored it(^^;)

Hi !
Setting up a F-18 sim pit and looking for a way to put the Stand By Instruments only on 10" Monitor (1024x768)
Helios should be the way to go i'm told.
I'm no Helios PRO yet and wonder if anyone done this before and can help out?
Is there som StandbIInstrumentsonly- profile out here already  ?
The other screens (Main screen + 3 DDIs) is solved by LUA-scripts.
Is there any gain using Helios for all monitors ?

Best regards 

Bigsweede 

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2022 at 3:25 AM, Scaley said:

Just switch off pre-flight checks in the preferences panel in helios control centre.  The error will stull show, but you will be able to start the profile.  

hi again scaley, I've just done a massive PC upgrade however I'm still using the old 1080ti, so I'm still getting the gpu bottleneck glitch thing,

I did all the things here and still had the issue, so I did some testing,

F16, 20000ft, over Caucasus, spawn in, roll inverted and pull, I did this on my server too, to limit any other issues.

I used the default "high" settings with monitor size expanded for Helios ofcorse 

turns out that the glitches and lag spikes in Helios are caused by the shadows, I turned them to low and also either flat or off and the glitches went away, there are still a few small glitches here and there but for the most part they have gone now

I'll keep testing with the current set up and see what settings also need a change 🙂

Hopefully a new 30 or 40 series card won't have these issues, if I can ever get my hands on one!

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

On 5/25/2022 at 12:14 PM, PSYKOnz said:

hi again scaley, I've just done a massive PC upgrade however I'm still using the old 1080ti, so I'm still getting the gpu bottleneck glitch thing,

I did all the things here and still had the issue, so I did some testing,

F16, 20000ft, over Caucasus, spawn in, roll inverted and pull, I did this on my server too, to limit any other issues.

I used the default "high" settings with monitor size expanded for Helios ofcorse 

turns out that the glitches and lag spikes in Helios are caused by the shadows, I turned them to low and also either flat or off and the glitches went away, there are still a few small glitches here and there but for the most part they have gone now

I'll keep testing with the current set up and see what settings also need a change 🙂

Hopefully a new 30 or 40 series card won't have these issues, if I can ever get my hands on one!

I think the Helios framerate issue is mainly due to GPU RAM being filled, and absolutely turning off the things that contribute to that  (shadows, high res textures, etc) will help a lot. Have you got a situation where the Shadows specifically make a big difference?

• 2 months later...

HI, are all the buttons enabled for the F-14?
like the reset master caution is not pressed for me in the touch panel (while in game it is pressed).
How can I connect it to DCS to make it work?
Thanks

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started using Helios. Everything is great so far, its awesome! Just curious what people are using for poll rate (how often Helios sends info to the export.lua) default is 30 times per second.What does this actually do.. Ive tried up to 180 and don’t notice any difference. I was trying to get rid of the gauges being kinda jittery. Is that just the way Helios is? Is it because of the difference in frame rates? ( main monitor is 120HZ, I average in the 80-90 range in dcs, but the Helios touchscreen is only 60hz). 

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2022 at 3:54 PM, GuillermoTs said:

Is not working with the KA-50 Shkval and Abris Not showing in my monitor

There is an issue with the ka-50 on Helios. Dcs moved a patch file (or something of that nature, now helios can’t find it). If you have other aircraft you have to disable the ka-50 patches for now, well one specific but can’t recall it off the top of my head. Once you disable the ka-50 the rest of the patches will install. I think BlueFinBima is working on fixing it. Temporary setback — more info and support on the CaptnZeen discord channel, or the helios GitHub page

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

I am working on my own F16 profile and trying to bind the rocker switches on the MFDs for Gain, Sym, Contrast, and Brightness. When I try to bind them I get an error message and profile editor shuts down.  Using the latest Helios 1.6

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.4 GHz

32 Gb RAM, Nvidea GTX 1050 TI

Water Cooled, Windows 10 64 bit

Hello,

I use F14 profil from capt zeen but have some switches/buttons that don't work indection HELIOS => DCS.

But If i use this buttons in DCS, HELIOS updates the interface correctly.

Do you know why? Thanks a lot!

Exemple , the CAP Category Selector Switch (RIO) :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NarHdYP9Ne7SRtb56 (video)

Edited by Roger01