Crash nearly every time when going from F10 to F1 view

Rmnsvn

As the title says, DCS keeps crashing nearly every time when going from F10 to F1 view.

Happens mostly in Single Player, Sometimes in MP.

System I7-7700HQ, 1060, 16GB Ram, ssd.

The GPU is overclocked by 220 Mhz. When overclock is not there, DCS is stable. Now, the GPU passes all the stress tests under overclock and DCS is the only crashing app so it is not the failure of my actions. Temps are stable and low, FPS is stable and high. Crash happens only when DCS has to load up lots of textures (i guess). DCS is fresh and repaired, no mods. Please see two logs from 2 different crashes in attachements. I also did send both automatic crash reports via the built in tool.

Thank you.

dcs.log

Hi, this is the error code you're getting:

ERROR DX11BACKEND: DX device removed. Reason: 0x887A0006

ERROR DX11BACKEND: failed to create structed buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

It means that your PC is unable to reach the graphic card at some point. DCS is a very demanding game for a PC. Maybe that's why you don't have this issue with other games.

People find various solutions for this issue for a lot of different games. You might want to take a look at this NVIDIA thread. One of these solutions is a good idea: you can stop Windows from worrying about your graphic card when it's taking time to answer. By default, Windows intervenes after a timeout of 2 seconds (hence your crash). Make it 0 seconds, and Windows won't bother you at all. More info from Microsoft here. Of course, if your graphic card never gets back from the dead, you'll have to "kill" the game yourself. You can also try using a bigger value, like 10 or 15 seconds.

And if you can't find any good solution to your issue, you may consider not overclocking.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi, this is the error code you're getting:

It means that your PC is unable to reach the graphic card at some point. DCS is a very demanding game for a PC. Maybe that's why you don't have this issue with other games.

People find various solutions for this issue for a lot of different games. You might want to take a look at this NVIDIA thread. One of these solutions is a good idea: you can stop Windows from worrying about your graphic card when it's taking time to answer. By default, Windows intervenes after a timeout of 2 seconds (hence your crash). Make it 0 seconds, and Windows won't bother you at all. More info from Microsoft here. Of course, if your graphic card never gets back from the dead, you'll have to "kill" the game yourself. You can also try using a bigger value, like 10 or 15 seconds.

And if you can't find any good solution to your issue, you may consider not overclocking.

Hi Flappie,

Thanks a lot for the links, I’ll give it a go and see if it helps.

• 3 months later...