22" stretched

When i edit the graphics,cfg to fit the 22" 1680x1050 and with the aspect ratio 1.6

FC still is streched, when i close FC and look at the graphics.cfg again it has changed to 1.33333 again!!

Why is this, anyone?

(Windows XP32)

btw. i did the same thing on my Vista partition, and saved the original graphic.cfg on my

desktop (still streched) so i decided to overwrite the changed cfg file with the backup file

on my desktop, and FC doesn't work anymore, beat's me!!

Thanks for any reply

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Hi Wasserfall, goto your game folder/config/view/ - open the view lua file using notepad and change the following lines to whatever works for you.

-- Camera view angle limits {view angle min, view angle max}.

CameraViewAngleLimits = {}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = {20.0, 145.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_33] = {20.0, 145.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_25] = {20.0, 145.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_39] = {20.0, 145.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29] = {20.0, 145.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29K] = {20.0, 145.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {20.0, 145.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = {20.0, 145.0}

All I changed was the {20.0, 120.0} to {20.0, 145.0}, this squared everything nicely.

Good Luck!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks grazy-Canuck, but it didn't solve the problem for me.

still the stretched screen, and when i change the aspect ratio to 1.6, FC

automatically sets it back to 1,3333, strange!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Sorry, misunderstood the issue. After setting the numbers in the graphics conf, do you go back into the graphics settings in game? If so it will automatically change the aspect ratio to default 1.3333. Set your graphics config to the aspect you want and save. Then right click on the graphic config file and select properties, then securtiy tab. Choose your system group, owner or whatever you have named your system then check the box "Write" "Deny". This will allow you to go into the in game settings without returning to default aspect in the config file.

This should fix the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thats sounds like a good idea, i wonder if it then block all graphics changes too,guess it would, will try it out, thanks.

edit: was sure i had tried this before and even if i set the the graphics.cfg properties to read only it still changes the settings in graphics.cfg

if i make options changes in game.

this is in win xp32, sorry i don't exactly follow your instructions, are they for vista?

on the topic of changing aspect ratios.

i think one of the startup frontends will resolve this issue, maybe its locfg.

there was also a workaround that someone developed to load a different bat file or something, sorry don't remember who.

but its a definite pain to have to reset all the time, fixed for dcs bs i think.

The instructions I posted are for XP. I will post a photo when I get home from work.;)

ggg87 - "was sure i had tried this before and even if i set the the graphics.cfg properties to read only it still changes the settings in graphics.cfg"

You have to go to the grahpics config notepad. Right click on it and "deny" the ability for the file to be written to. A photo will show you what I mean.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The .bat file is what I use. Just edit existing lockon.bat and paste these lines:

@echo off

CHANGE Config\graphics.cfg "aspect = 1.333333373;" "aspect = 1.6;"

DEL Config\TrackIR

DEL Input\TrackIR.ini

START Lockon.exe

EXIT

save and point your lockon shortcut to lockon.bat

What you will need is this 16bit utility called CHANGE.COM (http://www.golden-triangle.com/CHANGE.ZIP) which you need to place in main lockon folder but mind you it won't work in Vista.

So, Canuck, does modifying file write acces work? I assume if it does any other graphics changes you make in game won't be saved as well?

No longer active in DCS...

That's brilliant - I wondered if there was a utility that could do that. Thanks!

I agree :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

I have been using a self-made bat file for over a year now, that pretty much does what Kuky's bat file does (removes trackir. ini, maintaines aspect ratio but using a different method and pauses before starting LockOn.exe).

Both the bat file and the protected file ( read-only) methods work to achieve what you want, the nice thing about the bat file is it does the other clean-up items for the trackir as well.

Well done guys.

:thumbup:

I have added my bat file method for those that might be interested below, since it also works on Vista.

For this to work your LockOn path must be as follows:

"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\"

If not, then edit the bat file with notepad to change it to suit your install path.

1st. Make a copy of your graphics.cfg file and place it in the root of your LockOn Folder (Same as path above).

2nd. Edit this copy of the graphics.cfg file altering your display resolution and aspect ratio to suit what you want from the game. ( this is the one in the root of LockOn folder).

3rd. Copy the below text into notepad and save as "LockOn.txt" file.

@echo off

Del "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Input\trackir.ini"

copy graphics.cfg "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Config\"

ping -n 1 127.0.0.1

START Lockon.exe

EXIT

4th. Rename LockOn.txt to LockOn.bat, and then place this bat file into the root of your LockOn folder (same path as 1st mentioned) next to your edited copy of the graphics.cfg file.

5th. Make a shortcut onto your desktop from the LockOn.bat file ( you can also change the icon for this bat file shortcut to look just like the lockon one).

6th. Press the shortcut you just made on your desktop to the lokcon.bat file and your game will start-up after it has deleted the trackir.ini file and overwrites the graphics.cfg file in your LockOn/config folder.

enjoy!

some great ideas guys, various solutions appearing.

i like the Canuck version for simplicity,

but Kuky's resetting of the trackir could definitely reduce stress as you enter a game with no tracker :)

i have had this happen, not often but often enough.

and TALON's method also works for vista users.

FA_Crazy-Canuck:

thankyou for posting the images, i see now that you have an extra tab in the graphics.cfg properties, i have only general and summary, where as you also have a security tab, can anyone tell me how to get it or why i don't have it, cheers.

T4LON: sorry if its obvious to others but can you explain the "ping -n 127.0.0.1", isn't that ping home and why do you have it?

FA_Crazy-Canuck:

thankyou for posting the images, i see now that you have an extra tab in the graphics.cfg properties, i have only general and summary, where as you also have a security tab, can anyone tell me how to get it or why i don't have it, cheers

Go to "My Computer" click on "Tools" then "Folder Options" then select the "View Tab", then scroll down to the bottom and untick "Use simple File Sharing (recommended)"

Retro.:)

• Like 1

Intel Core2Duo E6850|Zalman 9700LED|Gigabyte P35 DS3P|Inno3D 8800GT|OCZ 2x1gb DDR2 800 (4.4.4.12)|Creative X-Fi|WD 320 gb SATA2|Samsung 226BW 22" LCD|SilverStone ST60F 600w|Saitek X52|Windows XP SP2

some great ideas guys, various solutions appearing.

i like the Canuck version for simplicity,

but Kuky's resetting of the trackir could definitely reduce stress as you enter a game with no tracker :)

i have had this happen, not often but often enough.

and TALON's method also works for vista users.

FA_Crazy-Canuck:

thankyou for posting the images, i see now that you have an extra tab in the graphics.cfg properties, i have only general and summary, where as you also have a security tab, can anyone tell me how to get it or why i don't have it, cheers.

T4LON: sorry if its obvious to others but can you explain the "ping -n 127.0.0.1", isn't that ping home and why do you have it?

The ping is for a 1 ms delay before starting LockOn. depending on how fast your system is ( mine is quite fast) I found it neccessary to create a 1ms delay or lockOn wouldn't start. It just seemed to hang-up and nothing happened.

:smilewink:

However, this solution discards any other changes you might have made to graphics.cfg.

yes it does, my solution is for AFTER you have done everything you want to your graphics settings. Thats it.

So it then allows you to go in to your options screen and make any other changes ( joystick settings, etc) and still have the same graphics you want.

Now if you need to change graphics, then adjust them, and redo the copy file in the root folder.

:thumbup: