SST Programming - Shift State

Hello everyone, I just installed the X45 Beta2 drivers for xp32bit. I programmed the SST and the non shift buttons work fine. However, the pinkie shift is not funcitonal. Do you have to program something on the top line of spreadsheet to get it to recognize shift states? I selected the "New Macro" from the drop down menu and recorded accordingly. Profile is visibal to the stick and loads but it will not recognize my shift commands.

I have posted a link to a photo of the top part of the programming spreadsheet.

Thanks for the help.:book:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/FA_Crazy-Canuck/picture092.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your picture is in very low resolution, it's hard to make out the words.

The pinkie shifts are in different columns, which looks like that's what you've done.

1. Have you gotten your X45 to work before, in another version of the SST? Is this your first time programming the SST?

I'm trying to isolate if the problem is with this beta2 driver and not your SST programming.

2. Have you checked the X45 in the control panel, games controllers if the pinkie button blinks when pressed? Again if it works before than the pinkie button should be fine, so should the SST recording, and maybe it's the driver.

3. Did you try unplug and plugging the USB cable, reloading the HOTAS etc. or rebooting?

Everything worked fine with the original drivers and software. I decided to try the new drivers to see if there were any advantages. I programmed the SST the same as I had for the older version. I was hoping someone could show me the steps to program the new software so I could compare. The old software was simple enough choose the pinkie box select new macro and enter the key strokes. I performed cleansing unistall and started from scratch then installed the Beta2. If I could have someone go through the programming steps to program the shift state, that would be great.

Thanks for the help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything worked fine with the original drivers and software. I decided to try the new drivers to see if there were any advantages. I programmed the SST the same as I had for the older version. I was hoping someone could show me the steps to program the new software so I could compare. The old software was simple enough choose the pinkie box select new macro and enter the key strokes. I performed cleansing unistall and started from scratch then installed the Beta2. If I could have someone go through the programming steps to program the shift state, that would be great.

Thanks for the help.

Never try to fix what is not broken is my moto. It has served me well. I know that Saiteck has had issues with update drivers and the SST Program. I would revert back. Try and find some info on the Beta 2 release, it may have no impact for you so stay with the original. With Vista around, I always try to find info before using new software drivers etc. Windows XP does not like Vista mixed in with Xp. Should be a windows Xp update and nothing else. That is what I have seen with my system. Others may say something different. I know upgrading ATI video drivers past 7.7 is useless for windows Xp. I have tried the updates and had to go back because of issues. I should have read the info for the Suite first and would have realized it would not benefit my video card so why upgrade. I will agree some updates are necessary but read first. Gets you into less hot water that way. Hope you sort things out.Cheers.:thumbup:

Yes I know!!!:cry: "Don't fix what is not broken". I can't help my self, I saw something shinny and had to try it.

I reinstalled the old drivers. New and improved is not neccessarily the case!:doh:

The one advantage the new SST has, that I like, is you can print out the program spreadsheet. I just hate it when something that should work, doesn't and I want to make it work. :joystick:

If anyone has any tips on how to make it work I am all ears. Can't help myself. For now I'll stick with the old one.:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]